Sep 14, 2017
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 18

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th August 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @thomasooo
- @WetschEsVetteli
-

Last edited:

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
Yaaaaaaaaah can't wait for the season opener!

Will be fun, only practice I can get is going to be this Fri Sat and sunday

Reactions: BoxAFrog

Jubilax

Pro Karter
May 28, 2019
Hey Guys, Have a quick question about the race settings. There is a setting called Tyre Wear(not sure the exact the name but refers to tyre wear) is it going to be a surface only or surface&carcass(simulation).. I would like to use the same settings while practicing.

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
Looking forward to this opener. Be good to get an idea where we all sit in the championship on pace :unsure:

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
OK my quick rant. Please try and use discord it makes everyone's life easier. I get it can be distracting if so just take off headset on formation lap. Mainly DO NOT ready up in any session until I give the go ahead! If you do you will get penalty points. This goes for in the lobby and during race strategy choice. If you cannot use discord for whatever reason please just wait for the counter to count down, that way everyone can have time to choose strat. If on discord we can all confirm that we are ready to start. This year you are allowed to retire, but it must be in pits and you must have a valid reason, IE equipment failure or family emergency. Just because you are having a bad race does not count, and if you crash yourself out you will get 25 penalty points. reach 50 and you blacklisted from AOR forever. Also KEEP in mind that you could ruin your teammates race as there is a bug where they could get stuck in the pits. I really would like everyone in discord 10-15 min early so I can give a driver briefing. Watch your dive-bombs and language on discord. Remember, you WILL lose a wing at some point this season, stay calm., don't yell , and you will be fine. I recommend recording in case you have an incident that needs to go to the stewards panel, without evidence it's really hard to make a decision. Thanks and talk you all Tomorrow!!!

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
@I_Barclaycard , @thomasooo, and @WetschEsVetteli you guys still need to accept my friend request on Steam. I do realize two of you are not racing tonight but the sooner you accept it the easier it will be for me to categorize everybody. Thank you

Thezz

Pro Karter
Dec 12, 2016
So like I had no other choice than retiring because tomorrow 12/08-19 I’m starting the first year of university and because of the O N E H O U R long set up time if I had to complete the race that would’ve meant that I would’ve gotten 6 H of sleep witch is to little so yah I hope I don’t get any penalties for this because IMO we should’ve changed the date on the race when were 1 h late....

Zarra

Formula Karter
Mar 23, 2017
So sorry to everyone who had contact or got a penalty cuz of me my game was laggy as hell first i thought it was my internet but i checked it and it was fine so the only thing that can cause my lags is the game itself.This game is by far the worst f1 game i have played i was lagging every lap and losing about a sec per lap. I'll post a video soon

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
So like I had no other choice than retiring because tomorrow 12/08-19 I’m starting the first year of university and because of the O N E H O U R long set up time if I had to complete the race that would’ve meant that I would’ve gotten 6 H of sleep witch is to little so yah I hope I don’t get any penalties for this because IMO we should’ve changed the date on the race when were 1 h late....
Welcome to league racing.... Code masters edition

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
Sooo all in all, it was okay for the first race of the season... I guess. Got of to an okay start but lost the front wing to what I guess was some desync, wouldn't be the first time. Then I went on to move up to I think it was p6 or something, during SC it changed to P4 as 2 guys pitted. Then in the heat of the battle for what I assumed was p2 someone (I think it was steffe) lost a bit of control or didn't see me in the inside of T1 and I spun of track rejoining in p10, from there I had only 2 laps to get to p9, finish.

I really hope everyone understands that the first race of the season is always a **** show. Next time will be much tidier and more fun. Besides, Bahrain leaves a lot more space on the edge of the track so that should spare a few front wings.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
worst race ever....crashed on my outlap in quali, my bad, then on lap 2 round turn 5-7 @Thezz was just sitting in the middle of track slowly rolling to left but not ghosted.....end of my race...

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
this is youtr 1 warning retire in pit or you will get a penalty

Sam Penfold

Formula Karter
Nov 28, 2017
Shame about the delay in getting started but was a bit of a crazy race! I probably had the pace for a podium spot, struggled with my tyres so just kept it smooth and clean in the 2nd stint. Got lucky to take the win today, I don’t expect any more this season!
Coming from iRacing, it’s embarrassing how bad the online experience is with this game.
I will also be running in DX11 mode for the next race as I did have a game crash tonight, luckily it’s it was in the lobby before the race.