Jan 14, 2014
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 15th April 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- Jordy van Oosten

Last edited by a moderator:

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hey there lads. I'm going to host a practice session this Saturday, beginning at the same time that we will begin on Sunday (8pm UK Time/3pm Eastern/12pm Pacific.) It will consist of a 90 minute practice session, short qualifying session, and then a 50% race. Feel free to join in/drop out for any of those parts. The division I was in last season did this pretty regularly, it was great to get a feel for car tuning/tire degradation/pit strategy/qualifying pace and the like.

I'd also like to emphasize that since this is going to be the first race weekend of the season and all but 3 of the racers are new to the leagues, that you cant win it all in the first corner or the first lap. Folks who qualify in the middle/back of the grid are going to need to brake extra early when all the cars enter the first few turns, as the field always bunches up and is tighter than expected due to peoples' excitement.

Looking forward to meeting/racing with you all this weekend, should be lots of fun!

Kevin Kalt

Formula Karter
Aug 31, 2017
@IntergalacticGentleman absolutly true! Dont be too afraid to make mistakes if you are new, but please be very carefull on the track, at least for the first races.

i will gladly join the practice session on saturday evening, gl mates!

Raiderrediar

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
@IntergalacticGentleman Is this practice session with or without damage?

I will join this session to get some practice done with other non-AI competitors. Looking forward seeing you all at Saturday!

Are we getting an own discord channel for F9? It's only to F8 at the moment.

EversVincent

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 21, 2017
@Raiderrediar for sure that will happen just give the moderators some time since they have a lot to do on the discord server things you don't see iam sure that sunday there will be a channel for us. @IntergalacticGentleman that is correct yes nice said so guys just so you know braking earlier than your normal braking point might make you some places after turn 1 cause if you brake late and heavy probably some crashes will occur. @Kevin Kalt nice to see you here to just like last season and correct you are. i also suggest that we might make our own discord server where we can discuss track times and such without the use of this rather not so good chatting forum so who is with me on this?

Ryndal

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
Hey there lads. I'm going to host a practice session this Saturday, beginning at the same time that we will begin on Sunday (8pm UK Time/3pm Eastern/12pm Pacific.) It will consist of a 90 minute practice session, short qualifying session, and then a 50% race. Feel free to join in/drop out for any of those parts. The division I was in last season did this pretty regularly, it was great to get a feel for car tuning/tire degradation/pit strategy/qualifying pace and the like.

I'd also like to emphasize that since this is going to be the first race weekend of the season and all but 3 of the racers are new to the leagues, that you cant win it all in the first corner or the first lap. Folks who qualify in the middle/back of the grid are going to need to brake extra early when all the cars enter the first few turns, as the field always bunches up and is tighter than expected due to peoples' excitement.

Looking forward to meeting/racing with you all this weekend, should be lots of fun!
Seems like a good idea, I will try to arrive for that pratice race. :)

Raiderrediar

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2018
I can try to be the host. With some friends it wasn't great so i don't know if it works.

Does my pc have a harder time when i host the session? Haven't got the best pc and no financial room to upgrade in a short time.

Reprimanded

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Seems like a good idea, I will try to arrive for that pratice race. :)
Sounds good - probably won't be able to make it for 8 but can hopefully join a bit later.

Sounds good - I'm not sure I'll be able to make 8pm but I'll try and join later.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
I can try to be the host. With some friends it wasn't great so i don't know if it works.

Does my pc have a harder time when i host the session? Haven't got the best pc and no financial room to upgrade in a short time.
From my experience it doesnt seem to put all that much more pc load onto the host. If you want to give it a try tomorrow we can do so and switch hosts if its not looking good.

@Shikooo - We havent had any posts/information coming from KillerS55 this week, so you're likely to be able to race tomorrow should that fellow not show up. Would you like to do so if that's the case?

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
I’m in, but I’m having some troubles with my g27. Are you going to use the F9 discord?