PC - Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [8/11/2019 - 8:00PM ET] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [8/11/2019 - 8:00PM ET]

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy America F1 Leagues - Season 3

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 11th August 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (Eastern Time)
Circuit: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Laps: 29

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@kreamyjohns
@capitahood
@ItzTriton

Last edited:

capitahood

Junior Karter
Nov 2, 2018
Unfortunately I will not be able to make the first race as I will be out of town for a prior commitment. Will be back the next week for Bahrain though and will around the rest of the calendar.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven

ItzTriton

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2018
Sadly I am also out for this Sunday. I've run into some problems with my throttle pedal (it has started to stutter a ton all of a sudden) and the fix won't be anytime soon sadly. Will keep the forum updated if I have to miss more races, and if it comes to it I will just forfeit my seat. Sorry guys, hate that I have to miss my home race too :(

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Jan 15, 2014

Hey guys, if you haven't already, please add myself and @Simsbad on Steam because one of us will hosting the races during the season.

Have fun and good luck to you all! Remember to keep it clean! We have 633 laps of racing ahead of us this season to enjoy so no need to ruin anyone's evening in the first 3 corners!

@ItzTriton @jalidone @Hardy_ @kreamyjohns @Some_Idiot @fluffydave @QuitZ5 @SSR Matheus @Vainrub @FOR myCon @capitahood @Tere_71 @Hammertime44 @SloppyMcFloppy @Rogue Theft @Aaron Shum @kub @Ramone36

Some_Idiot

Formula Karter
Sep 19, 2018
Just going to tag onto this post; Something I do for my other leagues is try to add as many people as possible to send out backup invites for the league race lobby. I have about half of you guys added already from other leagues and such, but if I don't have you added already and you would like an extra invite to the lobby in case of issues, go ahead and add me on Steam.
@ItzTriton @jalidone @Hardy_ @kreamyjohns @fluffydave @QuitZ5 @SSR Matheus @Vainrub @FOR myCon @capitahood @Tere_71 @Hammertime44 @SloppyMcFloppy @Rogue Theft @Aaron Shum @kub @Ramone36

Reactions: QuitZ5

Aaron Shum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2016
I will start off by saying I am pretty happy with my finishing position despite all the stupid decisions I decided to make.

Mistake #1. Qualifying on mediums. What a mistake this was, if everyone managed to put a lap on softs together I would have been dead last.. but I was P13. On softs I can consistently do low-mid 20s.. I think that wouldve been within top 6.

Mistake #2. Starting the race on softs. This didn't seem like a bad idea honestly, as my softs would be fresher and I would just have to wait until lap 5-6 for everyones softs to die. On the strategy screen I saw that it would be about 8-10 laps on softs thinking I would have a solid 3ish laps of pace advantage on the softs for a possible overcut.., then hards to the end. Well, what I THOUGHT was hards. It was actually mediums on my screen but my dumbass assumed it was hards.

Lap 1- 6 there was a crazy train.. I am not going to get into it but I will post my stream below and edited youtube video later showing all the action.

so lap 8 im thinking ok, @jalidone is 3 seconds ahead of me, softs are still good but will pit early for hards. I come in, and go on mediums -_-. So I did lap 9-29 on mediums.
This was a fun duel with Jalidone.. I had to keep him behind me but eventually I made a mistake because the tyres were like 70% wear, then followed behind him for 1 second for like 6ish laps. I was stuck behind @Hardy_ for nearly @Hardy_ for 3-4 laps.. if I managed to get past him and built a bigger gap between me and Jalidone it would have been more comfortable.

stream