Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014

Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 27th April 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Albert Park

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

• League Rules
• League Information
• Race Calendar
• Current Standings

Track Guide:

[video=youtube;uGWtlTpUjnc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGWtlTpUjnc[/video]

aalliigg

3-time AOR PC Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
[results="width:940px;height:520px"]key=0AqUuyPMQFID-dEhpY1dJU29EMlU3cU4tVERobjNzYnc&w idget=true&range=B2%3AF22&gid=68&single=true&chrom e=false[/results]

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Don't forget there is a social race tonight!

It would be good to see as many of you as possible there so we can test the connection. :)

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
Just like to wish All the drivers and the AOR a good Season , and I like to give my Mates Kramma and MiniBlack the very best of luck guys

klawutzke

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 18, 2014
What a lag:
[video=youtube;VkcUeBsHQvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkcUeBsHQvA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

From there on i stopped recording... could have been so great!
My Computer is sooo crap... next time I'll open a window.. it was so hot in my room.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Race results in post 2.

I'm really really happy with 3rd.
I'm not practicing as much this season, so never expected pole or a win. I'm just going for podiums this season. But wow, qualy was close. I'm usually very good in the wet, but I had to push really really hard to get anywhere near pole!

During the race I got pushed out at turn 3, someone on the inside out-braked themselves and we all went wide. It cost me probably about 5 positions. However, it was starting on the primes that really cost me, not a good move. I realised half way through my first prime stint that I could do a 2 stop, so since the leaders were so far ahead, that's what I did. However, 8 laps on the options at the end was at least 1 lap too many, so must have lost about 10-15 seconds there. JUST managed to hold on to 3rd place though, and as I said, I'm really happy with it! :D

Really looking forward to the next one, that was some seriously close racing throughout.

izamusing

AOR PC RallyCross S3 Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Well what can I say... This race was 1st lap like Grosjean, Pace like Chilton but racecraft like Alonso :D I can take positives from this race onto tracks where there isn't so much cutting and extending. Following Kifla at the end it became apparent that the FPS glitch isn't entirely fixed, he was pulling away on the straights even though I had low wings and wasn't fuel saving. I express my apologies to Miniblack, I ruined his race. :(

Apr 18, 2014
If I had to sum up this race with one word, that'd be - fun.

Starting from 13th on the grid was always going to be tough and always going to be fun. I was in battles throughout most of the race and even if I wasn't, I was catching up to someone. I made a very poor start leaving me last just before T3 and 13th after it (after the crash). I also had a LOT of corner cut warnings. I don't know why, but wow, I've never had so much grip. I did race practices and the grip levels were nowhere near what we had here. I ended up thinking I wouldn't make the turn and turning in way too early a lot. And also I went wide due to the same reason. :D

At the end I could undercut both Gaston and Alex and steal 3rd position, but I ended up locking up. So that's kind of a pity. But either way, I'm not planning to fight for the championship this season so it doesn't matter. It was real fun. Looking forward to Malaysia! :)

Miniblack

GP2 Test Driver
Apr 17, 2014
Well what a terrible race :) got hit in turn 3 and lost a part of the front, got a new front at lap 8, and from that point i was ways down in last place. izamusing was waving around when i ever i tried to attack him, just no chance at a fair race with him, he finished about 6 s in front of me.
My pace was better after i changed tires, but in the end i gained 2 places from going on to the inters early, so it can only get better from here! :)

How was the connection?

Jan 14, 2014
If rain came in lap 24, we could do 1-2 finish for McLaren. I thought that I could go with options till lap 24 and switch to inters. In the end of lap 24, gap between my leader team-mate Kifla and me was 16.7 seconds. In the end of the race, the gap was 61.3 seconds :cursing:

Lesson learned: Don't trust radar reports and team radio.

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
That was a close and interesting race with lots of fighting.

[video=youtube;mLTwktIKtqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLTwktIKtqc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Btw what happend to you Granu? :(

Feb 10, 2014
It was a weird race from my POV, but also it was fun. I also felt there was way too much grip and I never got used to it, so I was struggling with Fat1st and Kristian behind and also with the leading pack in front.

A horrible qualy put me in 7th, but if I were 6 tenths slower I'd be in 13th, so at least it wasn't that bad.

Up to a (finally) good start and gained 1 place in T3 and managed to overtake Furkan in T8, getting me up into 5th. I went for the undercut in lap 3 and I managed to gain 1 place, but lost it to Fat1st as I was trying to get used to the grip. I always went for the undercut and with many cars starting on primes and going for 2 stops I had to do plenty of overtakes, so it was fun, but I also noticed some lag and from there I was very careful.

I put primes for my last stint in lap 20, but I knew the cars ahead and behind me would put option tyres, so even with a comfortable 7.6 seconds gap to Kristian I knew I couldn't lose time, but I lost it with Furkan struggling to make a 2 stop. In the last lap boyaci went to the gravel trap but suddenly he rejoined just behind me and Kristian (if I made contact with you I'm sorry for not letting you by but from my screen I wasn't even close to make contact with you). In the last few corners I saw Alex struggling quite a lot, but it was impossible for me to take 3rd place from him. Quite happy with 4th with such a competitive field, but still some minor lag issues which confuse me everytime I'm close to someone.

aalliigg

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
[video=youtube;N7Cygxxm3vI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Cygxxm3vI[/video]