PS4 - Round 10 British GP (18/12/16 - 8pm GMT) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 10 British GP (18/12/16 - 8pm GMT)

Marcus Lindblom

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 16, 2015
Very happy with the race, qualified 8th on the mediums and got a fantastic start which found me in 4th by the end of the first lap. Later got passed by Chris before the first stop. Ran a 2 stop with a middle stint on the hards and then finished of on the softs.
Got very lucky with penalties in the end.
Congrats to the guys on the podium.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Well another race over early. Think I have to be honest with not only myself but everyone else in the league. I'm struggling to understand this game. I have no idea on how to setup a car and looking at my last few races no idea on how to drive one either. As I am struggling i'm now finding myself getting in other people's way and I don't want to have a negative impact on other people's races. If there is another reserve who would like to take my spot then please let them take over.
If it's a matter of not being able to spent more time in it, it's good to step back.
Otherwise; don't give up !

Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

syluntbob

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 22, 2016
Q:12
R:9

Qualifying went to plan. Had a poor start and nervous first lap and was down to 14th but all was in tact. Had a little off which cost a few seconds but managed to slowly close the gap to the cars in front. Pitted lap 10 behind my team mate so had a long stop. From there I managed to overtake some 2 stoppers and through some penalties I ended up in 9th. Happy with the 2 points overall as it's not a good track for me.

Great start by my team mate btw @Defiant195

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
Q:2nd done my pb on the medium tyre of a 32:1

R: 3Rd had the strangest start where it seemed like everyone jump started and I ended up 6th, few good overtakes to get upto 3Rd, could match the front two but never catch them. Bloody ps4 said it saved my vid but actually hasn't so no footage.

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Well another race over early. Think I have to be honest with not only myself but everyone else in the league. I'm struggling to understand this game. I have no idea on how to setup a car and looking at my last few races no idea on how to drive one either. As I am struggling i'm now finding myself getting in other people's way and I don't want to have a negative impact on other people's races. If there is another reserve who would like to take my spot then please let them take over.
Maybe you should take the X-mas break to think it over before deciding for good. Or maybe step down as a reserve?

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q: 6th.
R: 8th.
A bit frustrating at times but happy with my points.
Lost so much time the first stint. Damaged front wing from lap 2 and held up during battles.
Lap 10; i had to trade in my mediums for the hard ones. 2 laps earlier as planned. Not a good way to start a 1 stopper.
From lap 11 i tried to go as fast as i could, wich gave me 8th. :)
Btw: game gave me 19 sec. penaltys. 16 of them were caused by extreme braking or steering to avoid contact. !
Checked my PS, but again no vid.
And yes; i've set it on fire.

dFlashAshb

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2016
Qualy: 3

Wasn't sure what my strategy was going to be going into this race. Set a good time on the medium compound and bottled it when Sultan dropped me to 3rd, so stuck the softs on for a pole attempt. Turn 3 and my 6 month old puppy decided it was prime time to start eating its squeaky toy and bounding about and i dropped the car sideways onto the grass, A blessing in disguise i think looking back.

Race: 1

It was all pretty uneventful being honest, i thought i was going to get run ragged by Sultan after his lap that was faster than any i had managed on the mediums in practise, and Chris was a whisker behind but they both appeared to get terrible starts and by the time either had fought back to 3rd me and rutter had made off. At this point Rutter had already dropped the hammer and left me for dead but i caught him up as his tyres dropped off and took him just before he dived in for the mediums. All quiet for a bit until i stopped and put the softs on and then i had the same to do again to take the win. Wasn't sure how tyre wear was going to affect his pace but i had a 3 second penalty i had to clear and Jeff wasn't being very helpful in keeping me notified of his status penalty wise. We tiptoed around each other as i tried to get past but some back markers made it a bit sketchy and a yellow flag meant i had to do it twice ( Though i think rutter conceded the place to protect himself from sultan who may or may not have been catching us up ) then i gave it everything and came close to writing my car off to open the 3 second gap. At which point Geoff informed me rutter had a penalty so not to risk writing the car off.

Delighted with the win, i was crapping myself at the start of the race as i knew some squeaky bum moments were coming up and didn't want to cause a crash and/or take out the championship leader. Last week i was just expecting to be mid pack so with no anticipation and the shock of the pole at the time i had no time to ponder anything bad that could happen. I guess i expected a bit more of a race with the other guys on mediums which is a shame it didn't happen, but i'm delighted to have got my first ever AOR points on the board and can now try and work my way up towards the top.

I'll stick footage on here when i figure out how to get it off my ps4

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Q:2nd done my pb on the medium tyre of a 32:1

R: 3Rd had the strangest start where it seemed like everyone jump started and I ended up 6th, few good overtakes to get upto 3Rd, could match the front two but never catch them. Bloody ps4 said it saved my vid but actually hasn't so no footage.
Burn the damn thing, M8.
Burn it. :)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Q: 9th!
R: 15th
Don't know how much people sandbagged their quali but it must have been a lot since I ended up in 9th with a bad lap ;)

The first laps of the race was absolutly horrible. Car felt very strange on the softs but I was 10th up to Copse corner when I got a bit wide. It happened again in Maggots and Becketts and I took Chapel on the side road... Had too wait for everyone to get through before entering the track. The next 5 laps it felt like I was driving in the wet. Couldn't get the breaking right, understeering and sliding in every corner. Pitted for Hard tyres on lap 6 and on my first flying lap I was 2.4 seconds faster than on softs!!!! Obviously I was very far behind but I did some good laps before starting to push a little too hard and made some small mistakes. Did a second pitstop for Mediums, still pushing too hard and drove badly... In the end 15th with very little practise.

Well done podium guys (y) A special "well done" to @Kris Banucha for his first point :lol:

All have a nice X-mas and a Happy New Year!
See ya in Hungary were I will have practised like mad now that I have the time ;)

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
Qualy: 7th
Race: 6th

Qualy: After my career mode race, I knew my preferred strategy. So went out for a planned single run on medium tyres. But after a poor first run, I went again, pushing me up into 7th.

Race: As starts go, that was perfect. My best of the season by far. Jumped into 4th but was immediately on the defensive. For the next couple of laps, a series of good battles commenced. Apologises for forgetting everyone who I was battling with. But it was brilliant to be involved in. Slight contact was made with @chris130256, for which I apologise. Going side by side, I carried a little too much speed and understeered into you. That dropped me down into around 10th before climbing back into 7th. From there, I settled down and pulled a gap from the cars behind, but was not fast enough to catch the guys in front.

The 2nd stint was on medium tyres again and once again, it was the same of just driving around, pulling a gap to the cars behind but a few seconds behind the few in front. It was a bit boring but was happy to be in the points.

The last stint was on softs and came out behind a few who were running on hard tyres. Dispatched both @Defiant195 & @syluntbob68, who were both brilliantly respectful when racing. The last few laps were a titanic battle between myself and @Philip_66. With himself on hard tyres I pushed hoping to get by. In the corners and under braking I seemed quicker. But on the straights, it was even. In the end I could not make the pass and had to settle for seventh. Unfortunately he had a penalty, allowing me to jump to 6th. Very good battle mate. Really enjoyed it!

Congrats to everyone on the podium!

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualy: 7th
Race: 6th

Qualy: After my career mode race, I knew my preferred strategy. So went out for a planned single run on medium tyres. But after a poor first run, I went again, pushing me up into 7th.

Race: As starts go, that was perfect. My best of the season by far. Jumped into 4th but was immediately on the defensive. For the next couple of laps, a series of good battles commenced. Apologises for forgetting everyone who I was battling with. But it was brilliant to be involved in. Slight contact was made with @chris130256, for which I apologise. Going side by side, I carried a little too much speed and understeered into you. That dropped me down into around 10th before climbing back into 7th. From there, I settled down and pulled a gap from the cars behind, but was not fast enough to catch the guys in front.

The 2nd stint was on medium tyres again and once again, it was the same of just driving around, pulling a gap to the cars behind but a few seconds behind the few in front. It was a bit boring but was happy to be in the points.

The last stint was on softs and came out behind a few who were running on hard tyres. Dispatched both @Defiant195 & @syluntbob68, who were both brilliantly respectful when racing. The last few laps were a titanic battle between myself and @Philip_66. With himself on hard tyres I pushed hoping to get by. In the corners and under braking I seemed quicker. But on the straights, it was even. In the end I could not make the pass and had to settle for seventh. Unfortunately he had a penalty, allowing me to jump to 6th. Very good battle mate. Really enjoyed it!

Congrats to everyone on the podium!
Same here, Bud.
Pitty i don't have footage !

Reactions: Dale Stones

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Got what I hoped for result wise, but it seemed a million miles away after the first lap.

Qualy: 19th - Chose to start at the back as I wasn't to confident at this track.

Race: 7th - Had a ok start but unfortunately just before turn 2 the right side of my front wing got badly damaged through no fault of my own, I was making my way around the spun out @blake300892 when @pete day also taking avoiding action of blake, either spun or made contact with someone else which sent him sideways into me, it looked like from my view he T-boned me into my sidepod, but the game decided he had hit my front wing:confused:, I suppose I'm lucky in a way that I didn't lose a wheel instead but it really affected my race. I tried for half a lap to race close to normal speeds but it was impossible so I had to pit at the end of lap 1, the thing is though at the time I wasn't angry or annoyed at what happened, I don't blame anyone it was just one of those deals I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway after I exited the pits I was down in 18th and had a big gap to the cars in front, I now thought of the race as a TT and would see if I could salvage anything from it, so I had a pretty lonely race in general.
After many laps just setting decent laps I kept passing people who were in the pit lane, it got to lap 9 when I caught @Kris Banucha for my first actual battle for position he managed to hold me off at first but a lap later I got a good run on him down the hangar straight and with the aid of DRS I completed the pass.
After that I pulled a bit of a gap to him and by lap 12 I had but got up to 8th due to more pitting but my mediums were getting quite worn so I pitted and put Hards on to get to the end.

I came out in 15th just behind @Ben hughes and had my only other battle for position with him however I passed him on the same lap and same place as I passed Kris.
I then went back into TT mode and started keeping an eye on the track map, after several laps a few people in front had pitted and I was promoted to 11th, I started to think that I could maybe get points now but I had a bit of a gap to 10th, however out of the blue it came up that @Wimstradamus had been dq'ed (sadly for him) so his misfortune moved me into 10th then @Defiant195 pitted at lap 19 (I think) and I jumped him as well.

I thought more in front might pit but after when it got to the end of lap 21 I realised that everyone in front of me had made there stops so I turned my attention on 8th and @syluntbob68 who was around 10 seconds clear, I knew realistically there was no way I could catch him but as I had no time penalties I took a leaf out of what I did at Russia and gave myself the target of getting to within 3 seconds at the end incase he had time penalties.
Lap 22 & 23 I took a bit of time out of him but I made proper inroads the last 3 laps, 7 seconds down to 5.6 then down to 4.6 and with a great last lap I finished within 3 seconds. However it turned out he had 9 seconds of pens but what was even more surprising I jumped @Philip_66 as well so I ended up a net 7th.

Looking back to end up getting solid points after the dire situation I found myself in after lap 1 is very satisfying, though because of that extra stop I lost around 35-40 seconds but after looking at the results even if I had a clean race I would be finishing only 5th at best (top 4 covered by 13 seconds) so I haven't really lost out to much all things considered. So a good way to end the year and I achieved what I had hoped for before the race.(y)

Anyway huge congrats to @dFlashAshb on a good win you were owed a good result after Austria and you got it, big well done to the podium finishers and @chris130256 who finished 4th all good drives, well done to the other point scorers and finishers.
Lastly special mention for @Kris Banucha congrats on breaking your points scoring duck hopefully first of many.(y)

Oh yeah @YabbaTheHutt its not important right now, but the constructors table might be wrong?:confused: Don't know if your counting points from previous drivers, if you ain't Haas and Manor shouldn't have over 100 points, my team Toro Rosso should have a few points less as well.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Oh yeah @YabbaTheHutt its not important right now, but the constructors table might be wrong?:confused: Don't know if your counting points from previous drivers, if you ain't Haas and Manor shouldn't have over 100 points, my team Toro Rosso should have a few points less as well.
Will look into that during the X-mas break (y)

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Quali....4th
Mediums. Couldn't get close to my PB which was the same time Ali did to get 2nd. (suspect you might have run my wing?)

Race....4th
@Elite_sultan didn't move off the line at the start, so I had to brake to avoid hitting him and ended up 8th. It took a few laps to get back to 4th but by then I was 12 seconds off the leader. Spent the rest of the race between 3 and 6seconds behind Ali and all I could hope for was a mistake from the guys in front. Mistakes didn't happen so 4th was the result. Amazing tyre management from @dFlashAshb and neil mojo gave well deservered 1st and 2nd. Congrats guys. Well done Ali for 3rd too.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year all. See you all in Hungary.