Feb 13, 2017
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @pipo (maybe)

Last edited:

TheLazyLama

Pro Karter
Aug 16, 2017
To all drivers in the league.

When you are racing, please make sure you are also in the discord chat even when you can't talk in it. This will help to solve problems like the ones we had at Austria way quicker and through one channel only, it saves me and @Maddog40 a lot of time and effort to get everything up and running again. Please keep this in mind when entering the next race, Discord is there for a reason guys.

Thanks in advance!
@Coyote @Rick Vige @Mrozio @boxen @Attakajakka @McQuillan @Matthew1601 @pipo @Hammsta @Jezza @XM8 x TrIcKsTeR @JERRY @Wesseltl123 @Ferrius @Pecos @LRT c1rcle @Jebus @Cheik @BDave17

• Informative
Reactions: Mrozio and Maddog40

edge

S16 AOR PC Assist League 1 Champion
Apr 30, 2017
no idea what happened with my connection, never done this before.. once I resolved it it was too late unfortunately

TheLazyLama

Pro Karter
Aug 16, 2017
@edge Such a shame, but it happens sometimes. How were you doing until the disconnection by the way, I'd like to know :)
#BetterNetCodingForCodies

Rick Vige

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 3, 2015
Well, good race, one thing in my house got on fire and had to go away at 2 laps to go, good race nevertheless

edge

Apr 30, 2017
well in TT before the race I did 1:27.5s but i got disconnected on my first outlap and then the second so I didnt have quali time unfortunately. I got disconnected before but I just reconnected and it was okay, but now after I rejoined I got dropped after like a minute.. I really hope its not about the new patch

JERRY

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 8, 2017
Some of that happened to me too.. I was leading the race comfortably then suddenly showed pipo left the lobby followed by everyone.... Could have won the race Easley but....... Yeah. DISAPPOINTED

Ferrius

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2017
Check the main thread for issues regarding end-session results, accidentally posted in there.

karnak07

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 16, 2017
take advantage of this post to greet everyone. I signed up yesterday and tonight they told me I had to play. I did not have the chance to try silverstone (if not for a couple of hours) and my goal for today was to finish the race. I had a lot of problems in some corners. especially in the third sector for a slight damage to the wing, but the rain in the final gave me a big hand, because I entered the right lap.

Congratulations to those who went on the podium and thank you all for the correct race (although I almost always just shot :) )

see you next race ;)

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Figured I should make a statement on this, it's been way too long. Apologies to all, I should be doing better.

Anyway, here's what I've done:
Using @Wesseltl123 's race director, I manually calculated the top 3's penalty count (which the game got completely wrong btw). I found that -
@Wesseltl123 had 14 seconds of penalties
@Jezza had 17 seconds of penalties
@BDave17 had 16 seconds of penalties

That's where my logic ended as the myriad of possible penalties that have been applied/not applied is just too much to compile into one definite results table.

So, we have (in my view) 3 options, unless anyone else has any ideas I've missed on how to go about this:

1. Driver Agreement
As you can see, the amount of penalties given to everyone are quite close. Can anyone remember what order you guys finished on track/ has anyone got a recording of it? If not, is there some sort of way you guys can agree to get a results order? If not, then this race will have to be declared void, which I really don't want considering the amount of races I've already had to do that for.....

2. Re-run
Yep, I know, we've already got one scheduled for the normal break week (Right after Malaysia incase anyone has forgotten, where we're going to be racing around Austria), but we could have another after the final round of the season or we can replace Austria with Silverstone.

3. Void the race completely.
Self-explanatory, this race (like Monaco) just wont be counted.

At the end of the day since @Jezza , @BDave17 and @Wesseltl123 are the guys involved it's up to you guys to try to sort something out.

Oh and one last thing - I'm missing qualifying screenshots for this race, so if anyone has those I'd appreciate it.

Cheers everyone.

@Rick Vige @Mrozio @Jacob Isaac @Wesseltl123 @JERRY @karnak07 @Jezza @edge @pipo @Matthew1601 @McQuillan @Attakajakka @Ferrius @BDave17 @Cheik @Jebus @LRT c1rcle @Pecos

edge

Apr 30, 2017
I would go for a rerun if i can have a say in the matter

BDave17

Pro Karter
Nov 27, 2017
At the end I'm leading with 5-6 second front of wessel and Jezza behind also him with like 5-6 second . So if we calculate the penalties I'm first Wessel second and Jezza third

Last edited:

Wesseltl123

S16 AOR PC F5 Champion
Oct 15, 2017
First of all, i think it's save to say that Jezza finished third.
Me and Dave talked about this, and he said his 10sec penalty and his stop-go penalty were bullshit and i completely trust him on that.
Because of that dave is the person who deserves the victory in my opinion.

karnak07

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 16, 2017
I think the first option is the best one. if there is an agreement between the pilots

Maddog40

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017

Maddog40

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Indeed @BDave17 - I'll put the results on the spreadsheet tommorow. Thanks to everyone who helped out :) .

Maddog40

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Results updated. Time to finally put this behind us.....

If we can all agree to not get any in-game penalties for the rest of the season that would help *rates optimistic* :p