Jan 14, 2014
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Voller
- @Partyfuchs
- @winchy33 - wheel issues

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Bywater

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Have to see if my wheel is ok for this one. Suddenly getting a message on start up saying 'No Preset control scheme for devices', so after calibrating my wheel Its now not recognizing some controls for me to assign. I'll keep trying tomorrow but have no idea how to fix it, so might have to miss

EDIT - Some Windows Update I did Thursday has buggered up my device inputs, spent most of the day trying to fix it but I'll admit defeat now so cant race tonight.

Does anyone here live stream the race? Gonna sit back and beer and watch instead ;)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Steve Jackson

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
After my reinstall, I may also be missing, cutting it a bit fine at least

1513530353901.png

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Have to see if my wheel is ok for this one. Suddenly getting a message on start up saying 'No Preset control scheme for devices', so after calibrating my wheel Its now not recognizing some controls for me to assign. I'll keep trying tomorrow but have no idea how to fix it, so might have to miss

EDIT - Some Windows Update I did Thursday has buggered up my device inputs, spent most of the day trying to fix it but I'll admit defeat now so cant race tonight.

Does anyone here live stream the race? Gonna sit back and beer and watch instead ;)
What wheel do you have?

Nasom

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2016
I had high hopes for this race but still another DNF after some good results!One of the Red Bull hit me while I was P7!He must have understeered on to me and I lost some of my front wing!P17 and fighting my way up but still orange front wing was not easy at maggots!Long story short I crashed at Lap 5!So sad about this race!See you guys at Hungary!

• Friendly
Reactions: Steve Jackson

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Thanks @Neil Bywater!

Very happy to have finally gotten my first win in this league. It’s taken long enough!
Qualifying was nearly a disaster as I had to back out of my first run due to traffic, and ended my second lap spinning across onto the grass and crossing the line sideways, which was somehow still good enough for provisional pole. Managed to improve to be the only driver in the sub 28s though!
The race was quite challenging. I led the pack away from turn one and felt pretty cosy, until the tyre wear started to make the rear end a bit unstable through maggots and becketts. I ended up half spinning and losing 6 seconds, and the lead of the race. I managed to catch Kiinako a little bit but not much.
He pitted on lap 9 onto the mediums and I knew the ball was in my court, as the pace of the mediums isn’t as good as the softs. I accidentally sped into the pit lane and had 5 seconds added onto my race time. I came out about 4 seconds off of Kiinako and began closing him down and passing traffic. We eventually emerged in 1st and 2nd again, and I spent many laps in DRS range before having a good chance into Stowe. I stuck to the inside line and while there was space for me, Kiinako chose to come down on the Apex anyway, nearly causing us both to spin. After spending a few laps recovering and thinking up a different plan since I figured I’d have to get creative and force the move differently, I ended up with another fab run into Stowe. I was right on his gearbox and made a lunge into club, and he turned in anyway, causing contact. We both ended up running very wide, but I came out on top. Later the next lap Kiinako dropped it coming into the old pit straight, and I was granted a large enough gap to cruise to the finish, including my penalties. Pole, fastest lap and victory feels good!

Status
Not open for further replies.