Aug 19, 2017
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 17th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
Where can I look back the streaming video? I wonder if the driver who knocked my front wing off made a mistake by coming back on the track.

Jonezie1803

Formula Karter
Sep 17, 2017
Absolutely bottled it tonight, invalidated 3 of my 4 qualifying laps. Then had 19 seconds worth of penalties plus a spin avoiding Limaro while I lapped him due to him spinning, then spinning myself losing a further 12 seconds. I could have easily had 5th and maybe challenged Golzy for 4th but not sure if I would have been close or quick enough. But I definitely had an awful performance tonight. Shoutout to @captinfranko gaining 10 places from P15 to get 5th tonight.

Ivorbrynmike

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2017
well where to begin for my 1st race with medium traction control and manual gears lol my 1st flying lap was messed up with Punchline sweeping across to try and get out of the way for the run into maggot and Becket even though he could have just eased off the throttle a bit and i would have been fine plenty of room for me but he swerved and i had to quickly react way going left compromising my flying lap but he tapped me which resulted in both of us getting 5 place grid penalties my 2nd lap wasn't special the 3rd i improved but wasn't enough to get away from the back of the grid and as for the race both me and punchline were making some ground until the Lag king timbo got along side me lagging about like a absolute G i didn't want to collect him in a lag moment so i gave as much room as possible so id have at least some idea on where he'd be as he had a good run on me he got passed still lagging about he sized up move on punchline through the final corner on lap 2 then lagged off track came back the track i had a run on him to make a move to the inside of turn 1 but he moved to cover it off then when i moved to take the outside he moved again and blocked me which meant i ran off circuit to avoid him and unfortunately for me i lost the back end on the gravel trap broke my front wing ending 20 seconds behind the field before a the pit stop and rejoined 40 second behind with no hope of anything shame as well as i reckon points were up for grabs

• Agree
Reactions: lukeholmes792

Zaid badawi

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2017
Pretty horrendous race. I couldn't put together a good quali lap, but still managed 3rd so I'm happy with that. I had a good start and maintained position. I was sticking within a second of xtrema till I messed up my braking point and went very wide, losing 2 seconds. Luckily I had the pace to catch back up, until my tires went off and I spun at maggots and buckets. I pit for softs hoping to go to the end, but lost my wing again on a slower car. I put for a new front wing again, came out last but I had the pace to climb back up to 8th, lapping 2-3 and sometimes 4 secs a lap faster than the cars ahead. I'm happy with my pace considering I injured my ankle, but I need to stop bottling my races lol. Hungary is my favorite track so I absolutely need to win to have a shot at the championship.

Ivorbrynmike

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2017
Can we have a vote on zaid, Mercedes xtrema and tadpoles to give us a head start at Hungary just to give us a chance to race them without blue flags lol

Carcanon

S16 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Dec 8, 2017
My first race went okay. Had to change my front wing because of contact in the first lap.
After changing to the medium tires I had a bit of alone time. But after a while when the other drivers pitted I had Ai_verstappen behind me for a long looong time.
He was the faster one for sure and my tires were getting a bit too old.
I had one bad lap (18-20) and I went from 8th to 10th place.
After that I had to work with my tires, 55%, while I had Zaid closing in on me. He past me on the 24/25th lap. So I went 11th place.
Happy to see in the end that my tires made it till the end, 75%, and that you guys had more time penalties than I had. Finnished 10th place.
Team Reserve driver for the points!

Ps: bopop/bobop, you had the name right. Thanks for the commentary

Nick Brown

S15 AOR PS4 F6 Champion
Sep 21, 2017
Pretty poor race for me, I was working all weekend so didnt get any practice in (I work 13 hour shifts so I was at work at 7am Sunday) I got in 5 mins before the race and was not really prepared. Started quali and managed to run out of fuel on my in lap around Maggots and Becketts so was stuck at 42 mph, and had IvoryMike coming through tried to get out of the way but I think I must of picked the wrong side and we both got 5 place grid pens, so sorry to IvoryMike. I had put in a terrible lap time so tried to improve and spun in Becketts, so was last. Started the race had terrible pace spun 3 times then changed my wing to 2/5 instead of 5/5 and the car felt loads better. I had not picked up any in race pens all season and finished with 14 secs worth. I think if I have to work on a Sunday I will miss the race as I cannot do myself justice when I'm that knackered. Hungary is my favourite track so I will hopefully have a better race as i've had 3 poor races in a row. Hope everyone has a good Christmas, see you all in 2018.

Ivorbrynmike

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 12, 2017
Pretty poor race for me, I was working all weekend so didnt get any practice in (I work 13 hour shifts so I was at work at 7am Sunday) I got in 5 mins before the race and was not really prepared. Started quali and managed to run out of fuel on my in lap around Maggots and Becketts so was stuck at 42 mph, and had IvoryMike coming through tried to get out of the way but I think I must of picked the wrong side and we both got 5 place grid pens, so sorry to IvoryMike. I had put in a terrible lap time so tried to improve and spun in Becketts, so was last. Started the race had terrible pace spun 3 times then changed my wing to 2/5 instead of 5/5 and the car felt loads better. I had not picked up any in race pens all season and finished with 14 secs worth. I think if I have to work on a Sunday I will miss the race as I cannot do myself justice when I'm that knackered. Hungary is my favourite track so I will hopefully have a better race as i've had 3 poor races in a row. Hope everyone has a good Christmas, see you all in 2018.
It's all good mate enjoy your Christmas break and like I said in PlayStation messager you done a great job fighting back up the order from the back

captinfranko

Formula Karter
Oct 30, 2017
Now the Xmas rush has died down I am still really chuffed with my race here. I can’t believe I managed to get up to 5th and at one point I lead the race - which I’ll take. I only wish I could get my single pace up to something worth talking about.