PS4 - Round 10 - British Grand Prix - Sunday 16th December 2018 @8:00PM (UK Time) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 10 - British Grand Prix - Sunday 16th December 2018 @8:00PM (UK Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobKite

AOR PS4 Ginetta GT5 S1 - Tier 2 Champion & F1 Cod
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
Round 10 - British Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 16th December 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Silverstone Circuit
Laps: 26

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@stifler1000
@organyx

RobKite

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
@organyx , @TheTubbyNinja, @RobKite, @Elite_sultan, @Zuidema, @Diarmo03, @JerseyMet @Tommytherod, @humbo , @ShaunG123, @863feS, @stifler1000, @Hindsgavl40, @BloWnsmokOs, @Oner Schumacher, @HunJackson, @Mcquiz95, @alikemal_05, @SterlingWest @Jomppa91 @CPL__IceMan @SirMichael

So the last race of this year before the festivities start :) Silverstone being the home Grand Prix for some and pretty much halfway through our season. Just thought id get some Questions out there, feel free to answer honestly!.

RobKite

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
Halfway through the season, British Grand Prix:-

Q. What has been you favourite Race So far this season?

Q. What has been the highlight of your season so far (Overtake, Strategy, Wheel to Wheel battles)?

Q. Have you been supported/supporting your team mate (Online Chat, Sharing Setups, Strategies)?

Q. What has been the worse part of the season so far?

Q. What are your predictions of the championship?
1st
2nd
3rd

Q. What can we do to improve Tier 7?

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 15, 2017
1) Favourite race probably Canada due to the fun racing and battle for the lead between me and a few others.
2) Highlight of my season is probably the Monaco win, first ever win and it was nice because it was very comfortable.
3) Me and @RobKite are the Ferrari super team.
4) worst part of the season is the first 5 races. One DNF, two DNS and 2 first corner catastrophes.
5) my predictions for the championship are: 1st @RobKite , 2nd me, 3rd @JerseyMet
6) let me win every race

Zuidema

Pro Karter
Jul 24, 2018
Canada, a lot of good battles, a nerve wrecking end with the rain and my first win.

Q. What has been the highlight of your season so far (Overtake, Strategy, Wheel to Wheel battles)?
Canada, same reason as the first question.

Q. Have you been supported/supporting your team mate (Online Chat, Sharing Setups, Strategies)?
No, but i wouldnt mind starting? @Elite_sultan

Me being stupid at Australia and Baku. And the safety car destroying 2 2nd place finishes for me.

1st @JerseyMet
2nd @TheTubbyNinja
3rd @humbo (If he doesnt dns too much)

More Social/Practice races.

Reactions: TheTubbyNinja

JerseyMet

S16 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2018
It's been such a weird up and down season so far, but I am accomplishing my goal of just learning. Whatever happens in the results happens. I definitely need to improve on qualifying and one-lap pace!

Probably Melbourne or Baku. Melbourne I qualified so poorly that I didn't even think I had a sniff at even a podium, let alone a race win. It was memorable that I was able to go through the field one car at a time and somehow got in front. It was my first league race win ever, let alone AOR. Baku was memorable in that I had a great qualifying, a really comfortable lead, and then threw it away with screwing up down the escape road and giving up all of my lead. I was able to keep it together and keep cool to hang onto the win

Definitely last race with @Zuidema in Austria. I still have no clue how I kept in front of him, especially with his pace and the fact I had half a front wing during the second stint. I've never had a battle that literally lasted an entire race and so that was definitely a highlight

Honestly, not as much as I probably should if I'm being fair. This is my first league racing series ever and so I'm still learning how much the league is individual competition vs. a Team Constructors competition. I know me and @Diarmo03 clashed and bumped in Spain twice (which ended both of our races) and so reaching out to work together more would make things a lot better for the Williams Duo! I've seen Ninja's videos and I can see that the Ferrari's definitely work together well! They're gonna be hard to beat in the Constructors!

Not being able to start China and DEFINITELY Spain. I learned the hard way in Spain that I was preparing for a league race completely wrong every week. Before, I would practice and fine-tune my setup by just doing long runs in Online practice sessions and get some fast running in Time Trial mode, but no race runs. When the race in Spain came, my rear tires started to overheat near the end of my first stint. Before I could get back to the pits, I spun out on track because of that and slid right into the path of my teammate and crashed out of the race. I then realized that my practice was too far removed from the conditions and the tire loads going on during race day. I changed my practice routine ever since then. But that was definitely a low point in the season

Out of principle, I'm not going to include myself:
1st: @RobKite
2nd: @humbo (If he can get out of work to race :) )
3rd: @TheTubbyNinja

Last edited:
Reactions: TheTubbyNinja

humbo

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 29, 2018
Probably France, only because i won this. I was enjoying Spain to as i had good pace before i got taken out.

Yeah i have a chin wag with tommytherod. Normally we wing it on the night!!

Monaco was a poor show from me. Some members got a little cross with me.

1st TubbyNinja (fast everywhere)

2nd Robkite (consistent)
3rd Jerseymet (consistent)

A stream and commentator. More social races.

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
Last time out! Austria

Making a pass for lead in China and then leading the race until my first stop

We don't fight each other too hard

DNF'ing in China were a top 5 was defo on the cards

1st Ninja
2nd Jersey
3rd Rob

Can I first just say the attendance is brilliant in this league - The only thing I would say is that there is a bit too much messaging going on during sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.