PC - Round 10 - German Grand Prix [02/07/2017 8:00 pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 10 - German Grand Prix [02/07/2017 8:00 pm]

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
What @Ycoms said basically.

The actual AOR rules are pretty clear on this, and they've been the same ever since the leagues started years and years ago, so we're not suddenly gonna change that.
Stay within the track boundaries with at least two tyres at all times. The track boundaries are defined by the white lines, NOT by the edge of the kerbs. The white lines are deemed part of the track, however the kerbs are not. Cutting corners, or extending the track, to gain an advantage is not allowed. Drivers found to be persistently breaking this rule will be penalised retrospectively.
In qualifying, if you go outside the track limits in a way that doesn't clearly lose you time, you are expected to lift off the throttle to clearly negate any potential advantage gained. If the cut is major, the lap should be aborted. Failing to do this may result in post-race punishment.
Generally the penalty if someone is caught majorly cutting in qualy (without lifting to negate advantage) is some number of penalty points, or a qualy ban, depending on how severe it is.

For the record, I don't want us to have to go down the PS4 route of enforcing mandatory recording etc, I just suggested it for this particular round since turn 1 is a bit of a joke round here, so that we could check it if someone ends up doing a ridiculous time in the 1st sector. We've not seen any major issues with this in Split 1 this season though so I hope we won't have to check at all :)

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
What @Ycoms said basically.

The actual AOR rules are pretty clear on this, and they've been the same ever since the leagues started years and years ago, so we're not suddenly gonna change that.

Generally the penalty if someone is caught majorly cutting in qualy (without lifting to negate advantage) is some number of penalty points, or a qualy ban, depending on how severe it is.

For the record, I don't want us to have to go down the PS4 route of enforcing mandatory recording etc, I just suggested it for this particular round since turn 1 is a bit of a joke round here, so that we could check it if someone ends up doing a ridiculous time in the 1st sector. We've not seen any major issues with this in Split 1 this season though so I hope we won't have to check at all :)
I had in fact just looked those up and was surprised to see it say 2 wheels.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
It is a problem that in a perfect world where the orange kerb on the apex actually did its job it wouldn't be quicker to take that line. I think that what I and many others will do is drive the fastest lap that they can whilst not completely taking the **** and I think that is all we can do and to punish people for doing laps like this is a bit ruthless as the margins are so small in terms of how early I have turned in

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
It is a problem that in a perfect world where the orange kerb on the apex actually did its job it wouldn't be quicker to take that line. I think that what I and many others will do is drive the fastest lap that they can whilst not completely taking the **** and I think that is all we can do and to punish people for doing laps like this is a bit ruthless as the margins are so small in terms of how early I have turned in
If you do that line at turn 1, and you don't lift, then you are indeed taking the ****.

• Agree
Reactions: BergheVonTrips

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
If you do that line at turn 1, and you don't lift, then you are indeed taking the ****.
Whereas although this is just about a cut under AOR rules in the heat of battle everyone would be happy to let it go? Btw i lost 0.12 to the previous lap with this line.

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Whereas although this is just about a cut under AOR rules in the heat of battle everyone would be happy to let it go? Btw i lost 0.12 to the previous lap with this line.
If you did it in qualy I would still expect a slight lift, but in the race of course it's easier to misjudge some corners while you're battling etc. It's not like we're gonna do anything you if you accidentally cut a corner here and there during the race - that happens to everyone at times - just as long as it's not something that you do on a consistent basis throughout the race

Nukka

1-time AOR PC Split 2 Champion
Oct 10, 2014
Im honestly abit sad to even have to read this. How hard can it be? If you see your front wheels inside of the white line then it is a cut.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Im honestly abit sad to even have to read this. How hard can it be? If you see your front wheels inside of the white line then it is a cut.
Yh i know that, everyone knows that but there is a reason we are in split 1, we are all competitive and no one wants to give their rival an advantage. The point of racing is to get around the track as fast as possible and to do that you have to push the limits of the track, here we are just trying to establish where these limits are and more importantly how to enforce the rules and make sure everyone is on the same page. Because i for one don't want to be giving away 2-3 tenths every lap to everyone by being the only one driving fully within the limits only to find out everyone has been taking the line of my first clip, hence my activity in this thread today.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Out of interest who would rather race to the game's limits and let it be policed that way, and who would rather have a gentleman's agreement to follow AOR rules to the letter and police it through as many people recording as possible and if you think someone has been taking liberties report them to the stewards after the race. Rate this agree for the first one and disagree for the last one?

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
It's quite unfortunate that I can pull good first sectors with very minor or even clean T1, and I'm in the minority who can't record.

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Out of interest who would rather race to the game's limits and let it be policed that way, and who would rather have a gentleman's agreement to follow AOR rules to the letter and police it through as many people recording as possible and if you think someone has been taking liberties report them to the stewards after the race. Rate this agree for the first one and disagree for the last one?
Seems like the general consensous is disagree which is very good and honourable of everyone and i am happy that it seems everyone will be trying there best to uphold the clean, fair and competitive racing that AOR stands for emphasising the clean part, although the fair part might be a different story... i'll end my many comments on this matter with the fact that i am very happy to race to whatever everyone agrees on as I am so thankful that the great thing that is AOR exists and I appreciate that it is here and so successful because of their stance on issues like this which I believe were even worse in previous games?

Slickk

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 12, 2017
The stock Thrustmaster pedals make racing in the wet so frustrating...

Oh well, just bring on Belgium.

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Sucked in qualy - despite 6 attemps I only did a 1:14.5 when I know I can do a 1:14.1...

Knew it was probably gonna be a bad race for me when seeing it was wet, and then my race was half-ruined already on lap 1 when I tapped the back of @Qélon at the hairpin cause my brakes are sh*t. Was pretty much last after changing the wing on the first stop. At least I had some decent battling with @Chicane, @Andrei Codreanu & @Maffus - just a shame it was for positions lower than where I wanted to be.

Cya at Spa