PC - Round 10 - German Grand Prix [2/07/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 10 - German Grand Prix [2/07/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Round 10 - German Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 2nd July 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hockenheimring
Laps: 34

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Looking at the social yesterday a decent result should be possible. What a slippery track it is, don't really like the track and my tire wear was absolutely horrible. How was the tire wear with the other people who did the social yesterday?

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
How was the tire wear with the other people who did the social yesterday?
It was decent I'd say. Perhaps my biggest fear would be people breaking the braking boards on the left part of the track at the hairpin :nailbiting:

Ctzn Ely

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
After what happened for me at tonight's social, I'll probably leave the session if I'm experiencing any sort of lag issues like last Sunday in Hungary. Hopefully it won't happen again

• Informative
Reactions: H_pro1

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
After what happened for me at tonight's social, I'll probably leave the session if I'm experiencing any sort of lag issues like last Sunday in Hungary. Hopefully it won't happen again
Is there anyone keen on trying to host tomorrows race? We have seen a bit of lag in the past race, just want to see if it's because of my connection or not, as my connection has been the same throughout the season.

Reactions: Ctzn Ely

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I got the feeling I will have a bad race tonight... 2 last socials were awful omg... And I'm not very fast as well

CH34TER

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 20, 2017
Having connection issues so not gonna take part today, don't want to ruin anyone's race, sorry for late notice but only just got back from work.

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: Ctzn Ely and H_pro1

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Just. **** you Jeff. **** your mom, **** your dad, **** your daughter, **** your dog, you're fired

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
@R.A.J. man you came ridiculously close to me at L14. I hope I wasn't too aggressive when defending from you

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q- 6th
R- DNF

Another race, another DNF, was doing really well to have made it up to 4th, but I lost the car in a really stupid mistake. Sorry to @KurvZ who I hit on the formation lap and sorry to @Jirko90 who I caused him damage by braking too late when overtaking @Metten and causing a collision. My POV is below:

• Friendly
Reactions: H_pro1 and KurvZ

Ctzn Ely

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Well, that wasn't expected. Haven't made a particularly great lap but still got 3rd in quali - 5 tenths off pole sitter @fraguitar89 (great lap btw! (y)) with a 1:14.9xx. Had a delayed start due to my disconnections in quali and started the race a second or two before everybody so I stopped my car immediatly after releasing the clutch to not gain any advantage from it. Gained a place after Turn 1 because of @Metten going wide on the outside kerb so got up to 2nd behind Fraguitar. Was trying to get closer to the leader but our pace were more or less the same, was mainly looking for a mistake from him to get past him and sneak into the lead of the race.

A couple of raindrops started to come towards lap 6, saw Fraguitar and a few guys behind me pitting. Didn't think it was wet enough for inters so I decided to do an extra-lap under vey light rain. Pitted at the end of lap 7 to put intermediate tyres and rejoined the track just behind Fraguitar who has managed to do the undercut on me. Nothing much happened in the rain tbh, maintained the 2-3 second gap to Fraguitar in front and the 5.5-7 second gap to @Meireloso behind. For some reason, both of them pitted while the track was still very wet (Jeff's fault apparently) and I took the lead of the race. Pitted at lap 23 to put the softs. Again, nothing happened, just had to control the gap and to not cut the corners and to bring the car home.

Third win of the season, good news after a disastrous Hungarian GP. Was happy about the pace and tyre wear in this race even though I got very lucky that Fraguitar did a wrong strategy decision otherwise I would've finished P2 tonight. Gratz to my good pal @Metten for his 2nd place (knew you had the pace to win this one) and to @Craigieboy for 3rd. Hopefully lag wasn't an issue

Cya at Spa folks :p

POV coming up this week

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Hi Guys,

Well i finally managed a race without being punted off Thank you btw! :)

Unfortunately i did have a moment under the wet conditions on first lap with Inters with @Clint58, he bumped my rear and we ended up on the grass and lost abit of time,
Under dry conditions at the start of the race everything was going well atleast :D

the Initial start was abit scrappy i bumped the rear of @Punisher and damaged my front wing, slightly unexpectedly moved over into my breaking line but i should have reacted better myself, I lost traction slightly off the line also and may have bumped @Clint58 (Sorry!) Besides that was a relatively clean race

I decided not to have my front wing changed as the damage was small however this ended up playing a big part in the wet as the front left kept locking up (had front left wing damage) tried to adjust breaking balance a few times but just couldnt stop it locking so i was losing soooo much pace and time during the wet phase, after that it was damage recovery.

until the last lap when i had a lapse of concentration letting past a front runner under blue flags and i spun up! lost a place but fortunately i had no time penalties and ended up gaining a place in the end anyway! :)

Cya in Spa.

Last edited:

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Hi Guys,

until the last lap when i had a lapse of concentration letting past a front runner under blue flags and i spun up! lost a place but fortunately i had no time penalties and ended up gaining a place in the end anyway! :)
You spinning up in front of me in almost the final lap was definitely a scary moment for me while driving in second place haha. Luckily I was not close to you and I could pass you safely without any problems :p.

• Funny
Reactions: Jipper

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
You spinning up in front of me in almost the final lap was definitely a scary moment for me while driving in second place haha. Luckily I was not close to you and I could pass you safely without any problems :p.
Haha yeah i can imagine, for me it was the last lap as i had been lapped so that was the end of the race for me thank god. i may have lost more :banghead::banghead:

EDIT - just watched the end, for some reason i thought i lost it at the penultimate corner allowing a car through, but i locked up after touching the curb on the breaking zone then spun hit the accel too hard whilst looking at the map to make sure i wasnt in the way haha. never mind, Live and Learn!

Reactions: H_pro1 and Metten

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
What did he tell you?
He told me to stop to out dry tyres. The track seemed to get dry and when I asked him he told the wheather was dry. I know the track was still slightly wet but I thought it will quickly get dry... actually not, a light rain came back for 2 laps. It was risky to stop that early but I felt it would have been worth it :/ Anyway, except Fraguitar and I, no one stopped at this point so it's more our own fault than Jeff's one

• Informative
Reactions: Ctzn Ely and H_pro1