PC - Round 10 - German Grand Prix [2/07/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 10 - German Grand Prix [2/07/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
He told me to stop to out dry tyres. The track seemed to get dry and when I asked him he told the wheather was dry. I know the track was still slightly wet but I thought it will quickly get dry... actually not, a light rain came back for 2 laps. It was risky to stop that early but I felt it would have been worth it :/ Anyway, except Fraguitar and I, no one stopped at this point so it's more our own fault than Jeff's one
Yeah he tried to pit me also like 3 laps before it was actually decent to drive with slicks. Not the first time he tried to fool me, but this time I was the smarter one

• Informative
Reactions: KurvZ

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
It's been a long time since I left a race with a happy mind, but it happened this time. The race could've gone better, but the race was very fun to drive. The weather spiced up the strategies, and without my mistakes I think I could've been a bit higher than P9.

Jirko90

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 4, 2017
well not much to say about that race. was really looking forward to this since the overall pace was quite good compared to other tracks. but that little rainy cloud almost forshadowed a bad ending for me:arghh:

qualifying was ok. if i got 14.9/15.0 as i hoped for (consistently got it in TT) wouldve been 4th on the grid but 8th is still nice for my 3rd race.

the start and the first few laps went well. i could make my way up to 4th position due to some drivers in front of me having to pit or going wide. somehow i wasnt even in danger of being overtaken my @Metten who was consistently faster then me in practice. The little collision with @Scott_Aitchison in L4 wasnt too bad, it shouldve cost me about 10-15 seconds i guess but for some reason i pitted immediately (yellow front wing) instead of waiting 2 laps when it should rain anyway.

on inters i had zero pace falling even further behind. i also got tricked by jeff and went on softs one lap too early. the outlap was a complete disaster. i went off the track on purpose to let the leading guys pass. coming back to the track i lost the car and my front right tyre.

i would upload some footage but tbh i have no idea how to edit/cut it. maybe somebody can help me out with that :)

Reactions: KurvZ and Ctzn Ely

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
He told me to stop to out dry tyres. The track seemed to get dry and when I asked him he told the wheather was dry. I know the track was still slightly wet but I thought it will quickly get dry... actually not, a light rain came back for 2 laps. It was risky to stop that early but I felt it would have been worth it :/ Anyway, except Fraguitar and I, no one stopped at this point so it's more our own fault than Jeff's one
Same here Jeff told me it was time for dries I stayed one lap extra and they he said you have to pit this lap and it was a bad move lost all the time I made catching @H_pro1 and @Clint58 poxy Jeff only turned him back on yesterday and all whaan a idiot I am

Reactions: H_pro1

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
was only a yellow wing one side but I had to do an extra run in qual and wasn't happy so pitted no worries as I was gonna lose places. Was stuck round the hairpin coz @Metten was right by my side rejoining. all good tho

• Friendly
Reactions: H_pro1

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Qualifying: P2
Race: P2

Well this was a fun race! The weather situation made it a race all about race strategy with the wet weather in the middle. I'd like to start by giving a big congrats to my good pal @Ely' for winning the Germany GP. As I expected your pace was really good and you made no mistakes. Also happy for you your connection worked out great again. Same for @fraguitar89 ;)

As I'm mentioning @fraguitar89. What a quali lap from you that was! I was almost already celebrating my pole as I saw you were down a couple of tenths after your second sector, but that last sector was just amazing haha. You took the pole in the same way I did it in Austria at the last second of the session :p. Congrats man! Altough losing my pole at the last moment of the session I was still very happy with second place!

Knowing a bit of rain would come down mid session in the race I was confident in a good result as in the social on saturday my pace on the inters was very good. Then Lap 1, the first corner and the hairpin happened :p. The first corner was not that bad and I only lost a place to @Ely', but at the hairpin I just went over my braking point and didn't pay enough attention to drivers in front braking a bit earlier as usual, so I locked up and dodged the guys in front. Stupid mistake. This resulted in me dropping back to P8. Rejoining the track was a bit tricky and I slightly brushed @KurvZ (Sorry if I did cause any problems for you due to this), who was sandwiched between me and @H_pro1, so I decided to be careful and let them go.

Going into lap 2 I was already back to P6, as I overtook @H_pro1 and @KurvZ had to pit for a new front wing. At the end of Lap 2 I was able to outbrake @Scott_Aitchison in the hairpin taking P5 and thereafter I was a bit stuck after @Jirko90, who had better race pace than I expected! At lap 4 scott was applying a lot of pressure and tried to overtake me at the hairpin, but he missed his breaking point and also touched Jirko. This helped me out as I could pass them both resulting in P4 and had a little gap and free space in front of me.

Due to all this battling the gap to P3 was already quite big and at that moment I was hoping I could at least hold this P4 till the end. I timed the first pit stop perfectly in Lap 6 and ended right behind @Meireloso, who was just a bit quicker in the rain. I was pushing a bit too much and bottled it two times. Again stupid mistakes :p. My stint in the wet went horrible... I ended up behind @Dazzy Oz and just wasn't quick enough to get a clean pass. He was driving very consistent without big mistakes untill lap 20 when he overshot the corner and I was close enough behind him to overtake. P3 was a fact and I was happy to be in a podium position again. Recovery drive from my first lap disaster was going great haha. Not much later I passed @fraguitar89 who was suprisingly already on the mediums in Lap 20. My Jeff luckily wasn't that drunk :p. He told me to go for slicks in lap 24 and I knew from practice the softs would hold up. Behind me @Dazzy Oz chose for the mediums, so my pace without pushing to much was good enough to keep P2 and bring home my second podium of the season!! One small moment after pitting made P3 and P4 come close, but the soft tire choice saved me there as I was quicker than the runners on the mediums behind.

Summarizing the long story I'm getting more consistent and faster by the week. Really happy for P2 considering being down in P8 after Lap 1!! Enjoying the league with you guys so far and maybe a win this season is possible somewhere after managing already two second places. Just need to lose these big mistakes like the hairpin in Lap 1 and a battle with @Ely' for the win would have been there ;). We''ll see how the next races work out :D. See you all at my "home" GP in Belgium!

Cheers!
Metten

POV:

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Enjoying the league with you guys so far and maybe a win this season is possible somewhere after managing already two second places.
I would be surprised if you wouldn't tbh, you're showing good pace every week.

Also happy for you your connection worked out great again.
More or less :D

• Friendly
Reactions: Metten

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Congrats @Metten

You didn't mention my 1.7s pitstop that allowed me to overtake you :D
Hahah I didn't even notice that one till you mentioned it just now! Thought you were in front of me the whole time and you had a bad pit stop xD.
Red bull pit crew delivering magic :p

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Hahah I didn't even notice that one till you mentioned it just now! Thought you were in front of me the whole time and you had a bad pit stop xD.
Red bull pit crew delivering magic :p
lmao, you made the second best time in qualy, I made the 8th time, how could you think I was ahead the whole time ? :D

I might not be champion, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have the best average of positions gained (currently : 5.0) :p

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
lmao, you made the second best time in qualy, I made the 8th time, how could you think I was ahead the whole time ? :D

I might not be champion, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have the best average of positions gained (currently : 5.0) :p
Because I bottled the hairpin in lap 1 hahah;)

Craigieboy

Pro Karter
Apr 27, 2017
Quali: P4

Felt that I would be a bit more competitive this time around and I was pretty satisfied with P4. I thought this would at least let me be around the front guys in the race which I wasn't last time out.

Race: P3

The start was good and was able to hold position and into the hairpin on lap 1 @Metten seemed to out-brake himself and I was able to get P3 with a bit of a gap to the people behind me. The next few laps were pretty standard, at one point on lap 2 I thought I'd passed @Ely' as he was going pretty slowly but then suddenly jumped ahead again, I also noticed he looked to jump the start so I'm assuming these were down to some connection issues.

I pitted pretty early on lap 4, for some reason I've noticed my tyre wear seemed to be a lot higher than you guys's in the races we've done but I don't have any major explanation why that would be. I was hoping that being on fresh rubber and not trying to eek out the tyres till the rain came would do me well but it wasn't much longer when it did start and I put on inters on lap 7. It was a bit strange cause there wasn't any noticeable change as the track got worse and worse and basically looked bone dry even as I was going into the pits but soon after it looked a lot more damp.

For the rest of the rain stint I wasn't particularly comfortable with the handling of the car. I felt I was slowly catching the people ahead but after I had made up a few tenths I would make a small mistake and lose all that time and have to start again. Eventually I was starting to fall a bit backwards and for a few laps I was defending from @Scott_Aitchison who managed to get ahead for a bit then I got past him again but lost the position not longer after and I followed him for the remaining inter laps. During that time we came across a few guys who tried changing to drys but they were struggling initially but a few laps later I went in for mediums for the rest of the race.

I had saved up a bunch of fuel so I put it into rich and started pushing for the rest of the race to see if I could get close to the front. I did get past @Dazzy Oz with 5 laps to go and crossed the finish line in P3 and claimed the last podium spot.

Definitely feel better than I did in the last 2 races, still don't think I had enough pace to win outright but maybe if I could of got away with not pitting so early at the start I could have been within range of the win. Congrats to Ely and Metten on the podium and see you all for Belgium!

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Here's my POV of the race (sorry for the delayed audio :confused:)