Oct 24, 2014
Round 10 - Italian Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11

Race Information:

Date: Thursday 30th June 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Informed Absences:
@Sean B
@Nico
Nico Hulkenberg :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
As mentioned in the other thread @TyranoTigger can win the championship this week if @alexukr finishes outside the points and @Desimpele is 5th or lower.

In other championship news McLaren have overtaken Williams for 2nd in the Constructors.

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
In other championship news McLaren have overtaken Williams for 2nd in the Constructors.
I will have to take the blame for this one. Hoping to come back strong at Monza.

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
This was my favourite race from last season, not a great finish, but had to fight from the back with a stock setup and had some of the best battles I've ever experienced. Looking forward to this because the pace I had on stock setup was solid, so hopefully this can be an opportunity for some decent points with the car running properly.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Any idea about the top times here? Considering it's on strict, I am not sure what to expect without practicing yet.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Really looking forward to this one as this should be my best track alongside Austria, Malaysia and Singapore. Hopefully my string of unlucky races ends here as @Desimpele is hot on my heels :)

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
So nobody talks about possible quali-times, or didn't anyboyd practice yet, just like me? :D
I can do mid 20's, so pretty much the same as last season right now. Hoping to figure out the braking as I struggle into the heavy braking zones on a wheel, could hopefully get to a low 20. Did half a 50% race which didn't reveal anything new from last season. The track limits are slightly questionable around here, honestly feels the exact same as the old "strict" rules we raced with here, where you get 3 warnings for a wheel on the kerb as Parabolica but can cut and extend in a few other places.

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I can do mid 20's, so pretty much the same as last season right now. Hoping to figure out the braking as I struggle into the heavy braking zones on a wheel, could hopefully get to a low 20. Did half a 50% race which didn't reveal anything new from last season. The track limits are slightly questionable around here, honestly feels the exact same as the old "strict" rules we raced with here, where you get 3 warnings for a wheel on the kerb as Parabolica but can cut and extend in a few other places.
Last season's race was quite the battle between us :nailbiting:

Monza should be a good track for me, but it's also a strange one, really depending if I can get into rhythm and hit the apex properly to avoid warnings/penalties, as who does brake too much, loses directly. I have in my memory also some crazy mid/high 19's from some PC practice sessions, but that was I think on 'normal' rules.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Last season's race was quite the battle between us :nailbiting:

Monza should be a good track for me, but it's also a strange one, really depending if I can get into rhythm and hit the apex properly to avoid warnings/penalties, as who does brake too much, loses directly. I have in my memory also some crazy mid/high 19's from some PC practice sessions, but that was I think on 'normal' rules I think.
I enjoyed the battle between us last season, it was very close and a lot of good moves were pulled off. Unfortunately I also got into a battle with the penalty system here last season which caused me to lose my mind as the game had a funny view of what corner cutting was.

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I enjoyed the battle between us last season, it was very close and a lot of good moves were pulled off. Unfortunately I also got into a battle with the penalty system here last season which caused me to lose my mind as the game had a funny view of what corner cutting was.
Yeah, ragging at it's best :cry:

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
No practice for me yet. I will probably do some laps tomorrow. I have seen an 18.8 online on youtube at this track from F1Italian_Prost but that included some extremely weird driving. I am aiming for a mid 19 I think.

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
wow, we might actually get a real race this time for the lead
Well considering the slipstream here anyone within 1 second of pole should be able to keep up as long as they are in the front group. Doesn't always work out that way though as we saw at Spa. All the practice leading up 1st got swamped by 2nd and 3rd but in the actual race everyone made a mess of turn 1 and let me get away. Lets try to have a clean 1st lap this time :nailbiting:

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
Well considering the slipstream here anyone within 1 second of pole should be able to keep up as long as they are in the front group. Doesn't always work out that way though as we saw at Spa. All the practice leading up 1st got swamped by 2nd and 3rd but in the actual race everyone made a mess of turn 1 and let me get away. Lets try to have a clean 1st lap this time :nailbiting:
It's Monza mate, so turn 1 is just as nice for clean racing like in Monaco :))
If everybody get's out of turn 1 alive without damage, that would be already awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00