PS4 - Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix [24/06/2018 8PM UK] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix [24/06/2018 8PM UK]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 10 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 24th June 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
QUESTIONS

1. Usually the longest (dry) race of the season, do you think stamina will play a strong factor in Sunday's race?
2. Despite missing out on Monaco, many consider Singapore to be almost equally tough and ruthless. Will taking it easy be the winning strategy?
3. We've seen rain making interesting races happen before this season. Would you invite rain for this race?
4. Some drivers have been facing a less good performance in the last few races. Could the unpredictability of Singapore play in their favour?

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
1. Usually the longest (dry) race of the season, do you think stamina will play a strong factor in Sunday's race?

Stamina and consistency. As well as focus.

2. Despite missing out on Monaco, many consider Singapore to be almost equally tough and ruthless. Will taking it easy be the winning strategy?

If you take it too easy, you're going to be too slow. You've got to take risks at street circuits to be quick but at the same time, front wing damage can kill your race. There's a fine line.

3. We've seen rain making interesting races happen before this season. Would you invite rain for this race?

No.

4. Some drivers have been facing a less good performance in the last few races. Could the unpredictability of Singapore play in their favour?

As long as @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx isn't anywhere near me, I'll be fine

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 17, 2017
Yes, I could see some late mistakes leading to retirements or position changes!
If you don't push hard you'll fall back very quickly from the front.
Mixed conditions would be nice to bring strategy in but wouldn't want a full wet race.
Maybe but it could also work the other way if they get caught up in incidents again.

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
I legit just cba anymore....

Qualifying: 14th

Despite @Tincan394 lending me his setup and having improved pace as a result, I still managed to balls up my qualifying. Screwed my banker attempt, then completely messed up my final run which would have gotten me P6 at least - don't understand where I was losing the pace relative to my teammate as we essentially had the same set-up.

Race: SESSION NO LONGER EXISTS

This shite again..... I was perfectly placed to actually get points from a track I had no pace at whatsoever (NICE PAD!). Decided to play the long game and went for the Softs to see how I would fare. Held up a treat on lap 1 from @nardcox's damaged Red Bull which left me adrift of the field, but managed to stay within four seconds of @pepper_F1 despite him having softer tyres than me. Crashes from @S40TYD, @tough_2_handle and a couple of others left me up in P8, only for me to do my usual, undo my hard work and crunch my front wing stupidly on lap 11 - repeating the same trick two laps later which effectively reduced my race into a dead rubber. P10 was still on the cards until that damn message came up - race over.

I'm inclined to skip the rest of S15 when things like this keep happening - but needing the experience and practice to move onto F1 2018 and AOR S16

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Q: P2 - good position considering not much practice, only 0.035 off pole. Lost a whole tenth just in the first 3 corners

R: DNF. Had a good start off the line, managed my rears for first 5-6 laps pretty well. A mistake in turn 14 gave @Tincan394 chance to overtake me. Stayed within 1 second of him for 2 laps until I lost it going out of turn 21 and kissed the wall. So gutted a podium was on the cards

With 3rd DNF of the season and 5 races to go. Season is over and my best chance is 2nd or 3rd in the standings

Racing in fun mode until the end

Reactions: AORHAMILTON

Vintage_DG

S15 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Mar 29, 2018
Q: P1
R: P1

Had a moment in my quali lap which almost costed me, but managed to get pole.
Race went fine, had a good start and controlled the race.
@Tincan394 had great pace aswell, kept the pressure up.
See you guys next weekend.

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Quali: P16
Race: P7

Comments: Well, that was more like a free practice session, as I just decided to put on the Supersofts and 11 laps of fuel and go out on quali to get some laps under my belt, not running DRS and standard mix, therefore being 4s off the pace ? Race start was scary, so just decided to hang back at the first 3 corners. Gaddafi and someone else went deep at the next corner, and I took advantage to move up a few places. After that was simply trying to keep up with the train which kept getting smaller and smaller as people crashed and later pitted, offering once again the chance to Williams get a 1/2 during the race. Eventually decided to let the leaders through as I didn't want to harm their races and I wouldn't gain anything with it. After the pitstop, main goal was the fastest lap, which luckily I managed to get, and after I managed to close the gap and overtake Tubby, and made a final push to try and get Boniface in the end but sadly got my 3 warnings in the latter stages and tyres couldn't do more. Still, 16th to 7th, happy with an almost mistake-free race, sad to miss the next two but confident Sneaky will do the best for Williams.

Sneaky24-7Ninja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Nov 17, 2017
Q: P10
Bottled my 2nd run in S3 having been 5 tenths up which would have put me P6

R: DNF
A frustrating 1st stint behind @Boniface-8, I had a bit more pace but not enough to make a move. I went for the aggressive strategy onto SS and it worked brilliantly. Lost 6 seconds in 3 laps to the undercut but gained that all back almost as quickly. After a long battle I eventually pushed Boniface into a mistake to take P6. Next up was @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx who was on very old softs and felt like I had the pace to catch (which would ultimately have given me the position on penalties) but under the grandstand clipped the wall enough apparently to remove the front right and give me my 1st DNF and non points finish of the season!

Video did not record so no highlights this week.

AORHAMILTON

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2017
Q- P5 My best qualifying performance for a couple for races. Did a very good banker of a 138.0 which i was suprised about considering i was getting the dirty air from Sneaky on my first banker. On my last lap of Qualifying i was on for a pole was 2 tenths up going into S2 then lost most of it with poor traction coming out of turn 8 and hitting the kerb hard in turn 9 which lost me all the time gained then i managed to make it back again in the hairpin and last sector then decided to throw in in the last corner as i was still up on the pole and nothing to lose but invalided it pushing too hard i had pole in the bag with a low 37 as i lost 5 tenths or more.

Race-P5 had a very good start and was hoping i got around the first few corners without damage and actually not binning it for once which i managed to do and managed to stay within a couple of seconds of the group infront of me but while running 5th i let Jesse past as i knew he had much quicker pace then me but had to pit around lap 5/6 going ton softs as @HiippariLate had a moment on the Anderson Bridge and @JebeFIN had a look but had to wait behind him and as he broke right in front of me i broke my wing so had to pit then from then on in had a lonely race to the finish on old tyres and i was glad @Sneaky24-7Ninja binned it as it would of been a struggle to keep in front of him with 10 lap on tyres and him on supersofts but i didnt have the pace to fight the guys infront unfortunately considering this is my weakest track.

see you guys in Austria one of my favorite and strongest tracks. my highlights will be here tomorrow.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 12th. Didn't feel comfortable in the practice session beforehand and it transferred to the real lobby. Just couldn't put a decent lap together.

R: 9th

Horror show. Another race ruined by somebody else. I wasn't impressed with the aggressiveness and sheer impatience displayed by @AOR Davidben who decided to put me into the wall. Stupid move which was overambitious. It was lap 2! Ended any hopes of decent points. The rest of the race was boring as hell as I was alone.

Onto Austria. I sincerely hope people can refrain from hitting me.