Belgian Grand Prix
Spa-Francorchamps
Belgium
Race Length:154.026 km
Circuit Direction:Clockwise
Laps:22
Date:26th January 2014
Time:20:00 GMT

[results="width:523px;height:370px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dER0RGYwR1RmcXU3SldjMTRBNHVZZkE&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=70[/results]​
TeamSpeakWe strongly encourage all drivers to install and use TeamSpeak for communication with other drivers and your co-ordinator. Having all drivers logged on to the ARL F1 2012 channel before a race helps the admins to organise the session and means you'll be kept up to date with invites and restarts. You don't have to use or have a microphone.
Address - apexracingleague.dyndns.org:9987 Password - ARL2010
Rules & RegulationsAll races organised by ARL are run under our Rules & Regulations. Please make sure you have read and are familiar with them before racing.

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Qualification & Race Results
[results="width:523px;height:390px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dER0RGYwR1RmcXU3SldjMTRBNHVZZkE&usp idget=true&range=B2:F22&gid=100&single=true&chro me=false[/results]

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Sorry the race thread took so long guys work has been kicking my ass this week.

sHX

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 19, 2014
I try to record my race this time. Maybe it'll work. Hope i wont Bluescreen :D

Beyond

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Hey man still sorting stuff out at the moment if not we may have to use my TS server until we can get something sorted out.

Zomacher

Formula Karter
Jan 15, 2014
Very unlucky race for me. I managed somehow to survive the start and even started to push for higher places when in the 2nd lap the car in front of me lagged and I spun. Couldn't return asap because of the traffic. After that got a screen freeze in the middle of the fast chicane. At the near of the end my teammate had an accident and I managed to choose the bad side to avoide that. My startegy was good my was ok but my luck was gone. :D

Overall I'm sure I would have finished on the podium but Silver was unbeatable today congrats to him for the win.

After a really boring race vid there will be an "exciting" one. :D

Ledeni-Iceman

Rookie
Jan 19, 2014
First point in this league, i could get 2 but i miss breaking point at first turn in 21 lap. But it was very boring race

Jonny

Rookie
Jan 26, 2014
Horrible race for me. Surprisingly managed to get my pb and pole, but i wasn't able to hold my position in the first lap. Afterwards i was battling for the 2nd place for a while. In the 4th lap i got hit by DUC31511 who was rejoining the track and i ended up crashing into the wall and fell back to 7th place. Ironically some laps later i hit sHX when i was rejoining the track (sorry again for that) and got a 10 seconds penalty, which was totally justified. I ended up 4th infront of zomacher after my last pit stop. But soon i got stuck behind a car who was pitting that lap and lost my small gap to zomacher who managed to overtake me on the next straight. Unlucky for him that he had to go off track later to avoid his teammate who probably had an accident. Since i was able to avoid him without too much of a problem i got infront of zomacher again. Since i knew that i had a 10 sec penalty i was pushing really hard. I pulled away a little from zomacher but in the 21st lap i locked up and got into the gravel. In the end i finished in 5th behind zomacher. It's not a bad position for me, but it was still a bit disappointing after the pole and the mistakes i made.

Congrats to silver arrow who ended up winning his home grand prix!

DUC31511

Rookie
Jan 14, 2014
sorry Jonny but i also got hit by Zomacher when that incident happened. I think it was in turn 7. i don't blame anybody because i was lagging very much and i can imagine it was difficult to drive behind me. Another race for me destroyed by lag. it was very difficult do drive.

sHX

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 19, 2014
That.....was interesting :S Got crashed out from Jonny when he rejoined the track and fell back 3 places. I fought myself back up the places i've lost. On lap 16 i somehow smashed into vodR because he lagged RIGHT infront of me. Crashed into him at like 250kph and lost my wing. After i smashed into him he somehow teleported back on the track and drove away like nothing happend. You're gonna see that in my Video.

Jonny

Rookie
Jan 26, 2014
Yeah DUC31511 i thought that it was probably lag on your side and i'm not blaming you or anyone for it ;) It was just unlucky for me.

And btw sHX the same happened to me with vodR. He lagged infront of me and i ended up hitting him, there even was a bump sound, but i wasn't going that fast so i didn't damage my frontwing. Although i bumped into him i overtook him since he was going really slow, but 2 seconds later he suddenly appeared infront of me again with a 2 second gap like nothing has happened.

Multi21

Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Had a really good race, stupid strategy + intimidating pace from SilverArrow made me lose it in the last lap. So well done to him on his home GP victory! (looking forward to the video) Unlucky to Jonny after such a fast qualifying!

I'm not sure if it was Beyond's once brilliant internet connection, but there seemed to be a lot of problems with it this race. I'm not certain what happened at the first corner, but I think if it's not a lag related incident and a collision happens, warnings/penalties need to be given if the other players don't wait for the one they knocked off. As there seemed to be none of that, despite the fact there has been a number of incidents since we started.

And in regards to the lag, it seems there are a few frequent offenders judging by the comments...and I've seen it myself.

What are your guys thoughts?

vodR.Rynail

Rookie
Jan 15, 2014
Obviously, my race was very laggy.. I don't know if it was my connection failing so hard or a problem with the lobby, but it was very difficult to manage myself without collisions with others drivers. But it was the same things for me, i've been smashed off the track two times on very rudes challenges, but I was very fair in my moves so I just don't understand. My apologizes to Johnny and ShX, I know spa is a very popular race so sorry if your accidents were my responsability.

Zomacher

Formula Karter
Jan 15, 2014
Yeah was a bit laggy. Mpracing hit me just a little bit at the start which was enough to lock my right front tyre. Also what I had with DUC31511. These two was lagg accidents I think. You can see my video it's up now.

Multi21

Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2014
From watching the videos I think we should try a different host next week, and try to keep it clean in the first few laps. A lot of incidents in that race could've been avoided if there was some consideration for the others on track. The rules state if you knock someone off, you must wait on them to pass you or receive a penalty. Could put a lot of it to lag but not all.

SilverArrow3

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Hi guys ,

My video is up , and very happy with my first win of the season , and that it is my home GP gives it that little extra ...

On the other hand some minors also :
Crappy first corner after the start , I was pushed wide (don't know who caused it) , I was off the track and when I wanted to come back on I made contact with Hoff (wich made him spin??) , I tried to turn left as much as possible but the damage was done. I don't know if I was the only one who was the cause of Hoff's spin , but very sorry for that. That time I was 11th ,started in 4th grrr

Second lap first corner I hit the back of VodR.Rynail , but it was like he was almost standing still. So I could not avoid that.

The chasing and the battle with Multi was very cool! But lap 21 we had a small lag issue to ... Thanks for letting me trough , very nice of you !!!

And I want to try it as a host , but we should try sooner than sunday , I was host for some practice sessions in the past and it seemed OK. I will be online at thursday for the social , it starts around 20 pm UK time. If possible be there...

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Very disappointing.

If you're not going to wait and rules aren't going to be enforced then why should I adhere to them, putting myself at a disadvantage.

3 races in this league I have been pushed off in the first lap. It's not fucking won in the first corner.

I haven't got a problem with you Arrow, at all and well done on the win but you rejoined the track so aggressively it sent me into a spin. This was after I got punted wide cos someone wanted to win it at the first corner.

Lost my wing to DUC lagging into my car which topped it off. Again not got a problem with you but it was impossible to race against.

I don't hold out much hope for the first corner at Monza and don't expect a Hoff leaving much room for anyone. See you Sunday.