PC - Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix [9/07/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix [9/07/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

Footyad24

Formula 3 1st Driver
Jul 11, 2015
qual: 4th i think
race: 7th
had a nice auto spin kerb going through eau rouge on lap one. It was my fault but racing on a pad doesn't help because going through eau rouge the steering sensitivity at high speed is weird on this game. Not a bad result but not a great one my consistency needs to improve i don't think my pace was so bad around here for a pad considering that to be quick around spa you need a quick change of direction which is hard to do with a pad. I think for 2017 i'm gonna try the wheel.

Reactions: KurvZ

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
After my win in Hockenheim, my expectations were pretty high before tonight's race. Did a decent qualy lap on soft tyres, could've aimed for 2nd but 3rd is still a strong result and I was the fastest soft tyre runner so I was happy about that :)

Took a good start and was on the attack at turn 1 - Unfortunately I wasn't able to pass @Meireloso before Eau Rouge so I backed off and kept 3rd place. Then at Les Combes, @Jirko90 tapped the back of Meireloso and spun, I couldn't avoid Jirko's car and hit it but surprisingly didn't get damage from that incident and took the lead of the race. But when I realized I overtook Meireloso under yellow flag and didn't get any mention from the game to let him past, I lifted off at turn 8 to let him retake the lead of the race. I eventually managed to pass him later in the lap thanks to a mistake from him but as we were heading to the Bus Stop chicane, @KurvZ made an audacious move to take 1st place by sneaking in the middle of me and Meireloso just before the chicane. In the next few laps, it was a battle between me and Kurvz for the lead of the race, really enjoyed it, it was clean & fair until Kurvz made a mistake at turn 8 a few laps later and accidently broke one of my front wing endplate which cost me a bit of time (especially in the fast corners such as Pouhon for example)

Pitted on lap 9 to put fresh mediums and go to the end of the race. Kept 1st place before my pitstop as @fraguitar89 was coming back very quickly and got back on track in 5th behind @Clint58. Nothing much happened since then, only did an overtake on Clint on lap 12 and kept a reasonable pace to finish 2nd here in Spa (y)

Couldn't do better than that, Fraguitar's pace was excellent (especially on medium tyres) and I couldn't match his laptimes so congrats to him for his last-to-first win and also big congrats to @ChokDK for his 3rd place! Very good comeback pal, really enjoyed seeing you on the grid for the first time in a while (y) Also special mention to Kurvz for that first stint - Even with that spin, I think we both had fun out there and it was good to race cleanely against each other ;) Also congrats to Jirko for his first AOR pole position (y)

Thanks @Metten for the practice we had a few days ago (y) Such a shame that you retired as you had good pace this week

Cya in Monza where I hope I can carry on my current good form :p Hf during the break week! :)

As usual, POV is coming soon

PS: Hosting was excellent tonight btw (y) @H_pro1 @Jipper

Last edited:

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Started the race very conservatively, turn 1 ok. Then "out of nowhere" Dazzy Oz clipped me (or I clipped him). 20 second .. ended in the wall. Spent the race just trying to be consistent, not hoping for anything. At the end P10 from P13 (just like in Germany). So all in all, decent race for me

TheKillSwitchh

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 23, 2015
Well that was a terrible race for me,

I got a really good start off the line but @TheKillSwitchh turned in front of my path aggressively so i hit the brakes but still ended up rear ending him, after that @ChineseWiener decided he wanted the section of track i was on more than i did and decided to ram me off the road, thanks for that. Looking at the 20 second mark of the video, you also crash into @fraguitar89, Fortunately he wasnt spun out and went on to win the race. (Ive sent this to the stewards this time because too many times you've crashed into someone, and this is the 3rd time you've crashed into me!)

left me with no front wing had to pit, rest of the race had constant issue's with the rears spinning up and causing me to almost spin out a fair few times, i felt like it had glitched or something it was very odd.

Bad Bad Race.
I wasn't moving infront of you aggressively but I almost spun out of control that is when I let go of the throttle and regained control. Untill I was hit in the back of course that is

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Hey guys, in the race I didn't get any slipstream when I was behind someone. How was it for you?

Ctzn Ely

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Hey guys, in the race I didn't get any slipstream when I was behind someone. How was it for you?
Same here man, it was very hard to get past someone even with DRS for me

Jirko90

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 4, 2017
ive heard there is a slip stream glitch to the game that can occur as soon as somebody leaves the session. some drivers get the glitch and some dont. from other guys races ive seen it seems true

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
Well here it is. My POV of the race. Not a good one.

First of all congrats to @Jirko90 for your first Pole! You are getting faster by the week with that new wheel ;).
And congrats to the guys on the podium. @fraguitar89 from last place to first. Amazing! And @Ely' spicing up the championship for the last races! Looking forward to that ending between the two Frenchman :D

First qualifying. With my testbuddy @Ely' we found out that the 1 stop was the best strategy for this track, so qualifying on the soft tires was a must. I was able to do a 1:46 during a couple of practice runs the days before, but because I invalidated my first try and it started to rain at the end of the session during my second try, my time was not good at all. A 1:47:7 I think it was. Still I got P6 though so I was still full of confidence for the race.

The same as in Germany for the race. I was making way to many mistakes and this time the contact model had no mercy for me. I had two incidents with other cars (again sorry about that), where the slightest touching resulted in a problem and at the end of lap 1 in the last turn I slightly overshot the corner and I knew @Meireloso was over there. I touched him very slightly and did a spin, but luckily had no damage. It was totally my own mistake again. After all the incidents and stuff which happened I managed to get back to P6 with 5 laps ago, almost within 3 seconds of @KurvZ who had a penalty according to my engineer. I thought, well virtually P5 is really good damage control after this and not much further on the track I lost the back-end and lost my right front suspension.... Again I think that was a bit too much, but it does not matter at all, because with front wing damage I would have ended out of the points as well.

The possibilities for this race where so good after being P3 after the first sector of lap 1. During the race I also had very good pace. At some point I could keep some fresh Soft runners behind me with my 6 lap worn Medium tires. A podium and possibly a race win could have been there, but better luck next time. Not there for Monza due to a holiday so see you guys in Japan ;)

And sidenote regarding @KurvZ. Wat a huge move from you before and during the last chicane in the first lap. I overshoot the corner before the long straight so you passed me, but after that also that pass on the two front runners. From P4 to P1 in 2 corners. Hats off for that one!! Got a great view on it in my POV ;)

Veloce_Primero

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 8, 2017
Well this was terrible from me. Sorry for my bad driving. Won't happen again. Sorry to @ChineseWiener for slightly touching you. Contact model was really harsh, I lost the back end and touched you slightly :(. Also sorry to @Clint58. Was steering to the right slightly but didn't expect you to come to me so fast. I had the track to give you space.. Suddendly our cars sticked to each other. Hopefully you hadn't any damage.
I lost the back end later in the race and lost my front wheel. It annoyed me a bit at the time @Metten , but it's nothing to take to the stewarts.

Metten

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 19, 2017
I lost the back end later in the race and lost my front wheel. It annoyed me a bit at the time @Metten , but it's nothing to take to the stewarts.
Yeah I felt sorry during the race. Always terrible to take someone out by accident. You can see on my POV that I'm trying my best to correct my oversteer as quick as possible. If we were just 10 cm more apart I would have saved it..

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Positives, had my best qualifying position of the season and had a great start, took the Max line into turn 1, did a good avoidance job of @Footyad24 going through Eau Rouge.
Not so positives, even though I saw the potential for incident at Les Combes I really Waffled the avoidance and tapped the back of @Ely' which then spun me and broke wing bits.
I do think however it did push @Ely' through the mayhem so he could carry on so you are welcome for that :)

Had to pit end of first lap and other than frustrating @KurvZ for a bit was just out for a Sunday drive though the Belgian countryside.

fraguitar89

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 8, 2016
Hey there!!sorry for the big delay but I have been quite busy these days!

Anyway amazing result for me, last-to-first win was just amazing!
qualy: 18th
Terrible qualy.. I was doing a very good lap on soft, after 2 sectors i was 0.2 s behind pole lap but in the last sector i did a mistake and almost destroyed the car.. when i came back ther was no enough time left for another lap, so yeah i was last after the qualy. My fault since i waited too long to do my lap and I also ruined my only good lap.

Race: 1st!! :)

The start was quite good on soft, I was 14th after turn 1 and coming out from that corner I was hit strongly on the right side by @ChineseWiener (I did not understand why man, there was no reason for that and I almost lost the car..) anyway after that I managed to do a safe and good first lap, starting the second in p9 thanks also to some accidents ahead. The next few laps were quite tricky since there was an amazing battle between @ChokDK ,@Scott_Aitchison and @Footyad24..they were overtaking each other many times and I had to wait up to lap 4 to have a clean spot to overtake @ChokDK as i did in the chicane.. then the other two guys pitted so i started lap 5 in p5. In one lap i was close to @H_pro1 who was on medium and I did a strong overtake on him during lap 6 coming into corner 12 so on lap 6 i was 2nd 6sec behing @Ely' in 1st. with a good pace i close the gap in 3 laps and he pitted when i was going to have drs. I did another fast lap and then pitted for medium going to the end. Rejoined th race in p3 behind @Meireloso who was on soft, did a good overtake on his outside at corner 13. Now I had only @H_pro1 in front of me so I assumed that @Ely' could have found some traffic during his lap after pitting and so he was behind me. In few turns I overtook Hpro and and started lap 13 in first position with no other stops to do. I could not believe it, considering my starting position!! The last ten laps were quite easy and controlling as I realized that @Ely' was going a bit slower than me so I only focused on staying safe up to the end.

Thank you all for the clean racing, starting from the last position I spent many many laps behind most of you and doing many overtakes..so if I managed to stay safe and win the race it was also because of your fair behaving on track.

My pov is below

Now let's have one week relax and see you next time!

Ctzn Ely

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Now I had only @H_pro1 in front of me so I assumed that @Ely' could have found some traffic during his lap after pitting and so he was behind me.
Actually I had damage on my front wing due to a contact between me and @KurvZ so the front wing change in the pits cost me a bit of time

fraguitar89

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 8, 2016
Actually I had damage on my front wing due to a contact between me and @KurvZ so the front wing change in the pits cost me a bit of time
Ok so that's why i was closing the gap so fastly in the laps before pitting. Anyway, I can't wait for next race to come!

Reactions: Ctzn Ely