Oct 2, 2016
Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 9th July 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Reactions: MORETHANAMAZING

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looking forward to this race, hoping to consolidate 4th in the championship, if I can beat any of the 3 guys on front of me or @Squizza1990 and @MattDavies2511, that will please me alot too, need a podium to keep myself in the championship fight, no matter how long a shot it is with @skeevan_ here

Squizza1990

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 27, 2015
I lasted 7/8 laps last season as i was totally drunk on race time due to a friends birthday...

Annoyingly.. i'm out for a birthday again this sunday but hope too get away soon enough to race as i do like this track!

kam

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Jul 10, 2015
And once again the victor's trophy goes to Skeevan. It must be easy to win when you're considerably faster than everyone else... Anyway, besides Skevvan, the race was quite entertaining. Close battles throughout and a drag race to the line between Kam and Jamessy, and there are now distinct groups of drivers separating themselves in the championship fight.

Points Table for Spa

As I said above, there are distinct groups forming in the championship. Thomass, Skeevan and B5NCO are running away with the championship fight, all within 5 points of each other. The next group is MORETHANAMAZING, Goboyleox, and Kam, all within 7 points. This group only needs a few good finishes to catapult themselves into the fight. The next group is Mattyd, Bartek, Squizza, Washy, and Hoinkdoink. These drivers are a little more spaced out, with 15 points separating them. These guys are just barely on the championship bubble and these next 5 races will decide their fate. Unfortunately, everyone behind this group is out of the fight, with a seemingly insurmountable point difference.

Average Finishes after Germany

It was a rough week for most of the grid, as only two drivers (Skeevan and Mattyd) raised their average finish, 0.65 positions and 1.10 positions, respectively. There really isn't much to talk about here this week.

Also, danio continues to finish races, still being the only driver to finish all 10 races thus far.

Predicted Results
Pace Car: @HRL Cavy
1. @Squizza1990
2. @Zhavior
3. @B5NCO
4. @skeevan_
5. @Bartek
6. @Thomassbrownn
7. @Goboyleox
8. @MattDavies2511
9. @kam
10. @washy03
11. @HoinkDoink
12. @James Whyte
13. @Declan Washington
14. @denzamo
15. @RobKite
16. @Adibales
17. @danio
18. @oisin dunne
19. @MORETHANAMAZING

Nestled deep within the Ardennes forest, the long straights, fast corners and massive elevation changes of the 4.35-mile Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps always throws up exciting, high-quality racing, which really means that there is no place quite like Spa.

Last edited:

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
And once again the victor's trophy goes to Skeevan. It must be easy to win when you're considerably faster than everyone else... Anyway, besides Skevvan, the race was quite entertaining. Close battles throughout and a drag race to the line between Kam and Jamessy, and there are now distinct groups of drivers separating themselves in the championship fight.

Points Table for Spa

As I said above, there are distinct groups forming in the championship. Thomass, Skeevan and B5NCO are running away with the championship fight, all within 5 points of each other. The next group is MORETHANAMAZING, Goboyleox, and Kam, all within 7 points. This group only needs a few good finishes to catapult themselves into the fight. The next group is Bartek, Squizza, Washy, and Hoinkdoink. These drivers are a little more spaced out, with 15 points separating them. These guys are just barely on the championship bubble and these next 5 races will decide their fate. Unfortunately, everyone behind this group is out of the fight, with a seemingly insurmountable point difference.

Average Finishes after Germany

It was a rough week for most of the grid, as only two drivers (Skeevan and Mattyd) raised their average finish, 0.65 positions and 1.10 positions, respectively. There really isn't much to talk about here this week.

Also, danio continues to finish races, still being the only driver to finish all 10 races thus far.

Predicted Results
Pace Car: @HRL Cavy
1. @Squizza1990
2. @Zhavior
3. @B5NCO
4. @skeevan_
5. @Bartek
6. @Thomassbrownn
7. @Goboyleox
8. @MattDavies2511
9. @kam
10. @washy03
11. @HoinkDoink
12. @James Whyte
13. @Declan Washington
14. @denzamo
15. @RobKite
16. @Adibales
17. @danio
18. @oisin dunne

Nestled deep within the Ardennes forest, the long straights, fast corners and massive elevation changes of the 4.35-mile Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps always throws up exciting, high-quality racing, which really means that there is no place quite like Spa.
Cheers for missing me out @kam :(

B5NCO

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 13, 2015
won't be able to get on for any pratice for this race, one of my favourite tracks though so hoping to get upto speed quickly for it.

Target for me is to be best of the rest and hope skeevan disconnects :)

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looking forward to this race, top 5 is the aim for me, or at least beat those around me in the chanpionship

Reactions: washy03

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
I'm hoping for a strong finish. Luck hasn't been on my side this season.

B5NCO

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 13, 2015
going to have to set my targets to as far forward as possible and hope the other 2 title contenders have a bad race.

sat nav says I'll be home about 8:10 so hopefully knock abit of that and be on time, if not send me invites anyway so I can join Late!

rather gutted tbh as spa is one of my favourites, my quali laps will be the first laps
Since Germany for me so hoping to set a time good enough for top 10 and hopefully come alive mid race

• Informative

B5NCO

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 13, 2015
Can't quite believe that! Went into this race in damage limitation mode due to no Pratice at all,

Quali 2nd, thought blew it as I damaged my wing on the outlap on the slicks but managed to get 2nd

Race -1st

I just could not find my feet with my braking all race, I disnt know where the dry braking points were which made it abit more difficult to judge the wet ones,I'd pull a gap on matty and he'd constantly pull it back under braking this made for a shifty race as I was constantly expecting a car up the inside lol, we had a close battle all race which allowed the 2 behind to catch up, thankfully I held it together despite the pressure from behind, for the last 10 laps I was thinking off the title gains And left margins as I almost lost the car in a couple of places which would probably had ripped a wheel off!, those around me had penaltys which I wish I'd of known about a lot sooner than the end

Good race @Squizza1990 , @MORETHANAMAZING @MattDavies2511

Last edited:

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
1st off well done to the other guys on an
Incredible battle @B5NCO @MattDavies2511 @Squizza1990
Qualifying: P1
My 1st pole and it was a decent lap, was watching @B5NCO and was delighted when I saw he didn't get pole.
Race: P3
Held my lead from the start and all was great until lap 3-4 when I flew front wing 1st into the barrier at the top of eau rouge and somehow, someway I didn't get any damage, but I was P3 anyway so I couldn't complain, spent the entire race in a 4 way battle for the lead and was going for a glorious P2 until a collision with @Squizza1990 at the end of the kemmel straight on lap 21,complete racing incident but lost a segment of wing and from there on it was just a case of keeping it on the road and hoping for the best, still got P3
Great race though guys, clean and fair glad to be up at the front on pace too

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Quali: 4th

Was one of the first guys to set a lap on the SS tyres, had provisional pole until 3 others went quicker at the end. Congrats to @MORETHANAMAZING on his first pole. Well over due!

Race: 4th

Where do I even start, was fantastic!! 4th to 2nd by Eau Rouge, then was fighting @B5NCO for up until lap 15 or so, we had some good scraps overtaking each other. Then @Squizza1990 and @MORETHANAMAZING joined the fun and it was a phenomenal fight for the win between 4 drivers. I eventually lost out to 4th place. But regained 3rd when @MORETHANAMAZING binned it ;). Caught back up to the top two in the last lap but was to little to late. I also had a very dodgy 10 second penalty for hitting the apex at the last chicane.

Even so I am happy with that race, and most importantly I really enjoyed having a good scrap with 3 great drivers. Well Done lads. Same again at Italy? ;)

MORETHANAMAZING

Bottlejob Extraordinaire
Premium Member
Aug 1, 2014
Quali: 4th

Was one of the first guys to set a lap on the SS tyres, had provisional pole until 3 others went quicker at the end. Congrats to @MORETHANAMAZING on his first pole. Well over due!

Race: 4th

Where do I even start, was fantastic!! 4th to 2nd by Eau Rouge, then was fighting @B5NCO for up until lap 15 or so, we had some good scraps overtaking each other. Then @Squizza1990 and @MORETHANAMAZING joined the fun and it was a phenomenal fight for the win between 4 drivers. I eventually lost out to 4th place. But regained 3rd when @MORETHANAMAZING binned it ;). Caught back up to the top two in the last lap but was to little to late. I also had a very dodgy 10 second penalty for hitting the apex at the last chicane.

Even so I am happy with that race, and most importantly I really enjoyed having a good scrap with 3 great drivers. Well Done lads. Same again at Italy? ;)
Hope so, was incredible to be racing and being competitive with the 3 fastest racers in this league

Squizza1990

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 27, 2015
Quali - 7th
I let @B5NCO past on my inlap thinking he was on a hotlap. His engineers took an age wheeling him back into the garage and i couldn't get out on the dry tyres for a lap!

Race - 2nd
Had a decent start and due to my straight line speed i was flying past people on the kemmel straight. Had an early touch with @skeevan_ in the final chicane which spun us both. Left plenty of room so im guessing he lost the backend or something.
After that i was 6th and caught @washy03 and passed him. Then it was about catching that gap to @MORETHANAMAZING
The good thing is he was catching the front two and i was catching him, so by time we caught, it was a 4 way battle.

Me and matty came out the pits side by side with @B5NCO and @MORETHANAMAZING. At the end of the lap morethanamazing pulled a great move into the hairpin on matty and i snuck through the gap aswell to take 3rd.
With a few laps to go i got a great run out of eau rouge and managed to go around the outside of morethanamazing to take 2nd!

Great race and another fun comeback from well down!
First AOR league 1/2 with @B5NCO for Merc! :D

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Q14

Did 9th fastest lap on Inters and weather allow us to switch to SS so decided to go for it and unfortunately I've corner cut last chicane and invalid my lap. I could of been 6th fastest, :banghead:

R14

Everything went well for me P4 up to second lap where on T1 @James Whyte divebombed me and ruined whole race as I had to pit for new wing(We all fine JAMESYYEU(y)). Later that was only just drive to the finish line. My pace was solid I was not loosing and not gaining anything so race could of be great for me however it end up 14 as on last lap I got puncture what dropped me from P12 to P14 with big advantage. And +36sec penalty points that completly unfair seconds deducted, but I'm not apealling as I wouldn't gain anything after that puncture. I hope that Italy brings some good news for me in next two weeks.:lol::lol:

Well done @B5NCO good racing considering that you had no training at all.

skeevan_

Formula Karter
Apr 14, 2017
Quali - 7th
I let @B5NCO past on my inlap thinking he was on a hotlap. His engineers took an age wheeling him back into the garage and i couldn't get out on the dry tyres for a lap!

Race - 2nd
Had a decent start and due to my straight line speed i was flying past people on the kemmel straight. Had an early touch with @skeevan_ in the final chicane which spun us both. Left plenty of room so im guessing he lost the backend or something.
After that i was 6th and caught @washy03 and passed him. Then it was about catching that gap to @MORETHANAMAZING
The good thing is he was catching the front two and i was catching him, so by time we caught, it was a 4 way battle.

Me and matty came out the pits side by side with @B5NCO and @MORETHANAMAZING. At the end of the lap morethanamazing pulled a great move into the hairpin on matty and i snuck through the gap aswell to take 3rd.
With a few laps to go i got a great run out of eau rouge and managed to go around the outside of morethanamazing to take 2nd!

Great race and another fun comeback from well down!
First AOR league 1/2 with @B5NCO for Merc! :D
My fault man, was trying to go into the pits when i was on the outside of you and misjudged how much speed you were carrying and hit you