XB1 - Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix [07/01/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix [07/01/18 8:00pm]

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Okay so that was a bit crap!

Started at the back and carefully got around turns 1 2 and 3. I saw two come together on turn 3 I think, @McLarenDan and DavRath or Neutral.

Anyway up 3 places and coming into 3rd sector. Slower for corner and got hit up the ass by either Neutral or DavRath (apologies didn't see who it was but only three to choose from).
Pushed me into the wall and that was it.

Bit gutted as can't see how on earth someone could hit me that fast going into a slow corner but wrecked my race anyways.

Would like to hear from the guy who hit me to explain why and how.?

Anyway see you next week guys.

Joseph Baigent

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 23, 2017
5th is good for me. Had front wing damage for most of the race so it was a struggle almost straight away

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Despite the my finishing position I really enjoyed that race.

Quali was great even if my team mate beat me by the smallest margin, I thought I had done enough despite a small mistake in the 2nd sector, so well done to him :)

Had a poor start or those around had mint starts, got back up to 3rd, then 2nd on the start finish straight after watching @MurphysLawl & @Joseph Baigent battle which was fun.

Then it all kicked off, think 4th placed dive bombed us and then got hit and spun round, so from going to potentially battling for the lead to near enough dead last, 6th is probably the best I could have got maybe 4th at a push if backmarkers could let people pass...

Looking forward to next week, after poor results in the last few rounds, this was a good race :)

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
What a disaster from every angle. Disconnected during quali, only got one good lap in, I underfueled the car trying to pull as much out of it as I could. After the first lap I knew I had more time in it so I threw it back into max for another go, yeah... ran outta fuel.

Race time! Woohoo, feeling pacey, still quali'd mid pack (P6 or something like that). First lap was really clean, I was following along a pack of guys when something happened in turn one, some had some damage, two came together and then I was following @Meks Unseen who spun. Ok things really starting to look up from here! Started catching up to @MurphysLawl and got to around a 2 second gap. Rain was coming so I just matches his strategy and held out on the SS until we needed to pit for inters. Holy loss of grip, that was like driving on ice! I managed to stay within around 1s of murphy and we started reeling in @Jack Badman... I think he might have spun or went off track but I shortly disconnected from the lobby. I'm not sure if my wifi dropped out or my XB **** the bed. Thankfully I was able to rejoin (Joe you legend)

This is where things got ugly though, I rejoined in P4. Coming up to the fast left hander I came up behind @RoyerTheDestroyer who obviously slowed down to start letting me past, but going into the turn we made contact and my car was trashed afterwards. I was furious thinking somehow Roy turned into me. However, I watched the clip a couple times and owe him an apology, the clip shows my wheel turning right towards his car. I have no idea why I would have done that or if it was a glitch or what actually happened. After that, went into the pits, disconnected again and came home in P7. Definitely not great since I felt I had pace for a podium.

Lesson learned, restart the router and hard restart the xbox every week before the league race.

@RoyerTheDestroyer, mate I'm sorry for the contact, if you put it to the stewards I completely understand. I have my footage if you'd like to take a look, I'm not sure if you have any footage saved from the race but I'd be interested to hear your side.

Edit: Take a look at the footage for the bone head play of 2018
Crash evidence

RoyerTheDestroyer

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 20, 2017
What a disaster from every angle. Disconnected during quali, only got one good lap in, I underfueled the car trying to pull as much out of it as I could. After the first lap I knew I had more time in it so I threw it back into max for another go, yeah... ran outta fuel.

Race time! Woohoo, feeling pacey, still quali'd mid pack (P6 or something like that). First lap was really clean, I was following along a pack of guys when something happened in turn one, some had some damage, two came together and then I was following @Meks Unseen who spun. Ok things really starting to look up from here! Started catching up to @MurphysLawl and got to around a 2 second gap. Rain was coming so I just matches his strategy and held out on the SS until we needed to pit for inters. Holy loss of grip, that was like driving on ice! I managed to stay within around 1s of murphy and we started reeling in @Jack Badman... I think he might have spun or went off track but I shortly disconnected from the lobby. I'm not sure if my wifi dropped out or my XB **** the bed. Thankfully I was able to rejoin (Joe you legend)

This is where things got ugly though, I rejoined in P4. Coming up to the fast left hander I came up behind @RoyerTheDestroyer who obviously slowed down to start letting me past, but going into the turn we made contact and my car was trashed afterwards. I was furious thinking somehow Roy turned into me. However, I watched the clip a couple times and owe him an apology, the clip shows my wheel turning right towards his car. I have no idea why I would have done that or if it was a glitch or what actually happened. After that, went into the pits, disconnected again and came home in P7. Definitely not great since I felt I had pace for a podium.

Lesson learned, restart the router and hard restart the xbox every week before the league race.

@RoyerTheDestroyer, mate I'm sorry for the contact, if you put it to the stewards I completely understand. I have my footage if you'd like to take a look, I'm not sure if you have any footage saved from the race but I'd be interested to hear your side.

Edit: Take a look at the footage for the bone head play of 2018
Crash evidence

All good on my end! My race was a disaster, I'm just glad to have finished with some points. As for the contact, I saw the flag and was trying my best to give you the fastest line but i froze up as the corner approached. I thought the contact was my fault and felt horrible. If you're good I'm good. Better luck, and a bit more care from me, next time?

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
@RoyerTheDestroyer all good with me man. It happens, I've done it as well, especially when coming into a fast corner like that. I believe common practice when allowing a pass is to stay away from the racing line. Just for future reference :) (somebody yell at me if I'm wrong on that one lol)

MurphysLawl

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 18, 2017
So where do I even begin.

Qualifying begins. First thing I check is the weather. Dry session, and go over to the race and it’s dry... until 45+ minutes in. Great, so no alternative pit strategies in this race.

Went out in my first run for two laps, managed a 1:19:7 or 8(?). I don’t know for sure, but I was able to get a second run in and on my final lap I pulled a 1:18:9. That second sector is really a make or break part of the track. First pole of the season and to be honest, I didn’t practice until two hours before the race. I knew it was a good lap because after sector 2, it felt good. Plus, I was 6 tenths up from my previous lap.

Race begins! Here I’m worried about getting collected in a wreck but I got the best start of my life all season and managed to pull away. Couple laps in and it was difficult to get into a rhythm. Hence why Jack took the lead away from me early.

Somehow managed to stay out on the supersofts longer than expected, and the thought of blowing out a tire did cross my mind so I was being careful. Rain starts to fall, and man, those last few laps before the pit stop really were treachous. I don’t how I managed to keep it on track but thankfully I got to the pits for inters.

The second half of the race was really a different race entirely. I was 4-5 seconds behind Jack but I was gaining 4 tenths a lap so I knew I was going to catch him. When I did, there wasn’t really a rush to get around him. All I was trying to do was to stay close to him and hopefully he makes a mistake so I can take the opportunity. Fortunately for my benefit, he went wide in one corner, had to slow down, and I saw the door of opportunity open for me.

When I got around him, I wasn’t trying to pull away from him but to defend the lead instead. Hence why the gap was 6 tenths at the end, and it was closer laps before that too.

Speaking of Jack, major props to him. That was easily the best I’ve driven in all leagues I’ve been in. From changing weather conditions and a constant battle for the lead thoughtout the race, this was such an epic race. I wish someone would recorded the second half of the race because it was intense.

A pole and a win in the same race. Onto to Spa.

(Edit: more of my thoughts from the race)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyhead019

Meks Unseen

Reigning S14 AOR XB1 F7 Champion
May 15, 2017
All good on my end! My race was a disaster, I'm just glad to have finished with some points. As for the contact, I saw the flag and was trying my best to give you the fastest line but i froze up as the corner approached. I thought the contact was my fault and felt horrible. If you're good I'm good. Better luck, and a bit more care from me, next time?
I was behind in 5th when this happened and I saw it, I thought it looked like you were slowing down and pulled to the side to let him past and then that’s when the contact happened looked like a normal incident on my end

• Informative
Reactions: Hockeyhead019

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
So anyone want to own up to smashing me out of the race on Sunday ......lol

.....or do I have to start grounding the whole class.