Jan 12, 2014
Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Dooooon't worry, we're not racing on Christmas & New Years eve!

So enjoy the holidays guys, and we'll meet again on track on 7th Jan :)

Timp

S17 AOR PC F1 Champion & S14 PC F2 Sprint Champion
Jan 4, 2017
Ayyy my favourite track :love:

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Cheeky reminder that we return to action tomorrow with the Hungarian GP!

The final 10 races will be coming in quick succession, with the only mid-season break remaining being on 11th February, so we have 5 races in consecutive weeks either side of that.

Hope you've all had a nice Christmas holiday and that you're ready and eager to get back on track!

@töpäää @IsaacPrice99 @Brendon Leigh @n0body_ @ramdrop @RaikoGordon24 @F.Donoso @Raven @CAR_MrHamilton44 @Slickk @sigro @Qélon @Timp @Bereznay Dani @Marek @SvenZSven @NonRunner @Fehler3 @maxafc46

maxafc46

GP2 1st Driver
Sep 6, 2016
With exams until the end of January my practice will be at a minimum until Malaysia, if i can even justify racing at all, so I look foward to racing around at the back if I can even remember which way the track goes

IsaacPrice99

Pro Karter
Dec 4, 2017
Looking forward to it, I bravely stated that I would be able to fight for wins on Twitter in my 3rd round so the pressure is on!

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I'm going to have to drop out from this round again. I'm going to be doing Blancpain in preparation for 24 hours of Daytona. As my next Sundays are likely to clash with F1, is it possible to relinquish my full time seat and go to reserve @FisiFan91 ?

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm going to have to drop out from this round again. I'm going to be doing Blancpain in preparation for 24 hours of Daytona. As my next Sundays are likely to clash with F1, is it possible to relinquish my full time seat and go to reserve @FisiFan91 ?
That's ok if you think that is best.

In that case @Tiziano Brioni could take your full-time seat.

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Since we've had quite a few new drivers joining recently, I thought I'd mention that AOR has a Discord server which is what we use for voice chat during the league races. Not really any chat going on while people are racing (understandably of course since people are concentrating), but usually a bit of chatter going on before and after the races.

This is also where you need to go if you want to be interviewed by @King-kodiak & @Hamish Sopwith on the live broadcast after the races (the often want to talk to the podium drivers especially at the end of the streams!).

If you're not already on it, you can find info about how to join the Discord server here!

@töpäää @IsaacPrice99 @Brendon Leigh @n0body_ @ramdrop @RaikoGordon24 @F.Donoso @Raven @CAR_MrHamilton44 @Slickk @sigro @Qélon @Timp @Bereznay Dani @Marek @SvenZSven @NonRunner @Fehler3 @maxafc46 @Tiziano Brioni

n0body_

GP2 1st Driver
Jun 19, 2017
Can all you eSports guys make sure this happens again?
I think it's the only hope that a lot of us have for scoring points

• Optimistic
Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys, just want to say sorry about any confusion that might have occurred regarding the restarts tonight.

As you might know, there have been a few times in the past where the qualy session has been restarted when someone has lost connection at the start of it. This is usually if someone disconnects during the loading phase, or very soon after, before any on-track action has started. When @Brendon Leigh my brain for some reason thought that some drivers had already started their flying laps, which is why there wasn't a restart being ordered - as it turns out this might have been wrong, in which case I'm sorry to Brendon for that - and so I then made the decision to at least restart the lobby for the race instead with him starting at the back, so that he could at least do the race. With that said, according to the rules for this season, there is no obligation for the coordinator to restart the lobby due to disconnections under any circumstances, so in that sense I actually did Brendon a favour by allowing a restart at all, if only for the race.

Then the second restart was due to @Tiziano Brioni losing connection before the race had even started. I thought it was only fair to allow a restart for that when we had already restarted for someone else. Had the disconnection happened after the lights went out however, then this wouldn't have been the case.

As an admin all I want is for you guys to have an enjoyable time, and it obviously sucks to lose connection early and not get to start a race that you've done a lot of practice for - and that's the reasoning behind these restarts being considered in the first place. And I'm glad that ultimately all 20 of us did indeed get to take the red lights and do some racing.

With that said, it does make me kind of uncomfortable having to make these kind of "common courtesy" decisions outside of the rules, and I also found that restarting the lobby and setting up the grid with the editor took too much time and delayed the race way too long (especially when it had to be done twice), so I am kinda leaning towards being stricted on this from now on and not do any restarts at all, just to make sure things are fair. Obviously it's harshif someone disconnects early (with Steam also removing the backup invite, which sometimes happens) and doesn't get to race, but that's just tough luck you have to deal with in that case. However if despite the delays people still want restarts to take place for qualy disconnections, then that's ok as well.

(PS: These things are also easier to sort out when more people are on Discord. Thank god @RaikoGordon24 & @Fehler3 were there at least to help with the grid editor sorting otherwise it would have taken a couple of decades more.)

Obvoiusly in an ideal world without any connection issues we wouldn't have to consider any of this at all, but it is how it is.

Anyway, if anyone has any particular thoughts regarding these things, then do let me know.

And I hope most of you got to have an enjoyable race in the end.

Thx

@töpäää @IsaacPrice99 @Brendon Leigh @n0body_ @ramdrop @RaikoGordon24 @F.Donoso @Raven @CAR_MrHamilton44 @Slickk @sigro @Qélon @Timp @Bereznay Dani @Marek @SvenZSven @NonRunner @Fehler3 @maxafc46 @Tiziano Brioni

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
When someone disconnects in qualifying (no matter when exactly) I think we should definitely at least restart the lobby once we head over to the race (once everyone is on the grid setting their strategy everyone can pause and go back to the main menu directly).
By doing that we do everything we can to avoid desyncs during the race (ask me or @Bereznay Dani about it, we both had issues with that already this season).

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Sorry I can't fully commit @FisiFan91 most of the other games I play take part on Sunday nights and there is always some debate as to if and when they do (some cash prizes hehe), I'll post if I can make races in the relevant threads

Fehler3

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 24, 2017
My quali lap wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but my goal was a 1:16,3xx which only would have been enough for P8 instead of P9, so nothing to care about.

The race start was fine, unfortunately @Bereznay Dani and @IsaacPrice99 came together in turn 2 and I couldn't go anywhere, so I fell back to P17. I managed to put a move on @RaikoGordon24 but that was it, you just can't overtake here.
I tried a move on @sigro which I knew was going to be agressive, just in time I decided it was too agressive and backed out of it, thank you to @sigro for leaving me just enough space so that we could go through the corner without contact despite my almost stupid move.
There was no way to keep @Tiziano Brioni behind as he was on fresher softs, the move on @F.Donoso wasn't planned but as he ran wide (probably thinking I went for it?) I went down the inside and grabbed the position.

P9 is... good.. I guess? Hm. Not sure. What could have been is just bla bla, so let's move on to Belgium.

Reactions: Tiziano Brioni

Brendon Leigh

2-time AOR F1 Champion & F1 Esports Champion
Mar 4, 2016
So lets stick to the rules and make a clear out line if you lag out you are just f***ed.
My problem is that the rules are not followed on a consistent basis. If you break the rules to restart for other people then i expect the same rules be broken for me.
From now on i personally think the rules should be followed 100% and if you lag out that's your problem(same way i was treated yestrday) That way we know the rules held equally for everyone and know nothing biased is happening in the races.

Last edited: