Jan 14, 2014
Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

@SexySpudflaps - foot injury
@TheEpicSnowWolf - not at home
@Voller - ongoing health issues

Last edited:

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Not the best track for me, thought I was leading the race here last season when I saw I was suddenly in 1st for a few laps until I noticed we had a mass disconnection and everyone had left ;) Then In the re-run I crashed by the pit entrance, taking @Jay out with me

And a happy new year to all, let's keep this high attendance going (y)

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Not the best track for me, thought I was leading the race here last season when I saw I was suddenly in 1st for a few laps until I noticed we had a mass disconnection and everyone had left ;) Then In the re-run I crashed by the pit entrance, taking @Jay out with me

And a happy new year to all, let's keep this high attendance going (y)
Yes, I would like to finish this time, even though from last night's social, I may be last!

Reactions: winchy33

Putttee

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
if you are going to be last @Jay that means I would have crashed out and I dont like that

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Can't make this race due to my foot causing me too much discomfort, and I'm in Birmingham next sunday so I'll miss that one too.

• Informative

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Pole prediction: 1:18s are going to be the main here, either a low 17 or a high 16 should take pole. I will be towards the back unless I can find a better setup.

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Happy new year everyone!

Unfortunately, I have to (again) miss out on this one. :cry: I'm a little sad about this because I feel like I could be good here, but I am spending the night at my girlfriend's place from where I'll take here to the airport on Monday - so yeah, priorities. :p

But this should be the second last if not last race where I won't be able to take part. I still have to earn some points :cool:

• Informative

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
Had a good pace to finish with many points but there was a red bull driver who crashed me into the barriers out of nowhere. (@Rienk )

Tell me what happened to you.
You car was cruising from left to right down the start/finish line and rammed to to the boxing barrier.
Maybe Warpy @michal_miletin has a view of it as he was behind me.
After watching at the spectator mode you were holding up other drivers and slammed them aswell.

Was you car ghosted or anything?

It was a shame to watch it.

In early race i had great battles with @Kane Jr . After someone crushed you i had to overtake you on the outside to avoid a crash and had to give the position back to you becuase of illegal overtaking to avoid a penalty.
Thanks for letting me pass on the straight again if that was your intention!

Last edited:
  • Friendly

Putttee

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Well after that race its painfully clear that I dont have anything to do in this split nor do I feel its ok to get into split 8 with more than half the season gone. Its not fair to the racers in that split nor me since you need to figure out how we all drive. So with that said I bid you all adieu until maybe F1 2018 when I hopefully can be more competitive

Last edited:

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Had a good pace to finish with many points but there was a red bull driver who crashed me into the barriers out of nowhere. (@Rienk )
Do you happen to remember which lap this was? I don't remember anything like this happening. I've got my footage, and I'm looking at the only moment I could remember being near you on track, but there was no contact or pushing. I'll look through the lot later when editing highlights.

EDIT:
After watching at the spectator mode you were holding up other drivers and slammed them aswell.
And I certainly don't remember THIS happening, now it's just starting to sound like desync.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well after that race its painfully clear that I dont have anything to do in this split nor do I feel its ok to get into split 8 with more than half the season gone. Its not fair to the racers in that split nor me since you need to figure out how we all drive. So with that said I bid you all adieu until maybe F1 2018 when I hopefully can be more competitive
Well to be fair, I did offer you the option of a move before Xmas and you were clear you wanted to stay. It's nobody else's fault you aren't competitive, this is a hard league as you can see from the range of most people's results. If we are off it, we get punished. If we don't practice, we pay for it.

And I will reiterate what I said to you, you are welcome in this league, we have raced seasons before and you do not quit if you are uncompetitive, you get on terms. Going gets tough, etc.

Speaking from personal experience I've had seasons where I've been handed my arse every week and still I lined up. Treat the sessions as a TT, start on fresh tyres and start trying not to get lapped or best your own qualifying or set a new personal FL or go for consistency. When you race someone, race for that position.

That's all I have to say.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Good win @Sjoelbakkie on your first outing

Good second to @Kiinako, so close.

Q3, first after first corner, very happy with that

Went to second SS set early due to expected rain. It would have worked if not for some robust defence by @Jay racing for position. Thought I'd done enough twice but no.

So with a stop go penalty dropped back to 2nd with @Clint58 dropping out. @Kiinako was kept at bay for a few laps, he then dragged me along lapping a few on the way. We pulled a lot back on @Sjoelbakkie

Finished 3rd

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017
Disconnected when looking like a solid podium finish - pain in backside but that’s racing I guess!
Yeah i was wondering where you went. I was looking forward to having a good battle later in the race.

For me I Qualified with a perfect lap which was a 1:18.1 which is quicker than my fastest time trial time, so I was pretty surprised by that. Pole position by a hair.

For the Race I had an OK start. @Neil Bywater had an amazing start and immediately moved up my inside into P1. After that I was faster but I got stuck behind him and overtaking in Hungary is a pain in the butt. After a few laps and 1 or 2 good attempts I finally made it stick around the outside of T1, which was great.

After that I gained alot by pitting late and not getting stuck in traffic. When the rain came I suddenly had a 20 second advantage which was comfortable enough to win. I must say though that @Neil Bywater and @Kiinako were very quick in the wet and closed the gap back down to 10s in the end.

Last edited:

LolFish42

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 23, 2017
Q:
Only had one run that was decidedly meh. Spun at the exit of turn one on my second run and finished P7.

R: SS/S/I
Decent start, up into P5. Clipped Luke and had a yellow right front wing throughout the whole first stint. Was P5/6 (can't remember) till first stop, in which I had to change my front wing. Stopped one lap too late for the inters and was held up by the pit crew by about 5secs, then came out in P8/9 Took me about 9 laps to get up to speed and by that point I was 40+ seconds in front of P9 so I decided to push for P7. Spun it between turns 4 and 5, then decided to just back off for the rest of the race. My position was helped by people putting on full wets somewhat, but heavy rain in this game doesn't mean full wets are the right tyres.
Had a battle with @Kane Jr at some point which was a good one, but as soon as I fell out of DRS range I dropped back.

Hoping I can do better at Spa

Partyfuchs

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 22, 2015
Do you happen to remember which lap this was? I don't remember anything like this happening. I've got my footage, and I'm looking at the only moment I could remember being near you on track, but there was no contact or pushing. I'll look through the lot later when editing highlights.

EDIT:

And I certainly don't remember THIS happening, now it's just starting to sound like desync.
Wow seems like heavy desync.
Was about Lap 13 or 14 at the main straight.

You were driving like being on crack and got overtaken by everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.