Jan 12, 2014
Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

Reactions: Sloth

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Since @Jozzers & @Douwe_C for some reason have not been on the forum for a while, I thought I'd ask if there's anyone else in the league with a decent connection who would be fine with being a backup host in case neither of them are present tonight?

Please let me know :)

@Head Squid @Etazin @IntergalacticGentleman @EditedStorm27 @Biolite80 @Levitikan @Jonnard @spinnenman @BarrzyMcBarrzy TN @garytate @ITMRacing @gameguy nl @Bas-BB @TRL_graveltrap @menk @Billamy @AspergerNerd @RichyB @Raining Thunder @Clement

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@RichyB I believe you have a solid connection? Would you be ok to host the lobby tonight?

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
I'm in the US. But have a 100mbit fibre connection. Very willing.

• Friendly
Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm in the US. But have a 100mbit fibre connection. Very willing.
That's a good connection, but with the majority of drivers in UK/EU the ping would be quite high for most people when connecting to a US host which isn't really ideal :)

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
@RichyB I believe you have a solid connection? Would you be ok to host the lobby tonight?
I'm not sure if my connection is solid enough for lobby's with a lot of players. I have decent, stable internet but not anything special in terms of speed

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm not sure if my connection is solid enough for lobby's with a lot of players. I have decent, stable internet but not anything special in terms of speed
Think you're our best bet for tonight at least mate if the usual ones don't turn up, if you don't mind giving it a try :)

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Think you're our best bet for tonight at least mate if the usual ones don't turn up, if you don't mind giving it a try :)
Ok, so I will host the race. Everyone add me on steam if you haven't already! Expect an invite at 10 minutes before the race. I also suggest the reserve driver(s) add me in case there are some empty spots in the lobby.
My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015493215/

FisiFan91

Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Ok, so I will host the race. Everyone add me on steam if you haven't already! Expect an invite at 10 minutes before the race. I also suggest the reserve driver(s) add me in case there are some empty spots in the lobby.
My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015493215/
@Head Squid @Etazin @IntergalacticGentleman @EditedStorm27 @Biolite80 @Levitikan @Jonnard @spinnenman @BarrzyMcBarrzy TN @garytate @ITMRacing @gameguy nl @Bas-BB @TRL_graveltrap @menk @Billamy @AspergerNerd @Raining Thunder @Clement @Jozzers @Douwe_C

Sloth

Pro Karter
Nov 9, 2017
wow I just played this game for the first time since the break and dam I should of played more in the break :|

Sloth

Pro Karter
Nov 9, 2017
Don't you love it when you plans change sorry guys I will not be able to make it as I have to go some where was really looking forward to this race but anyway see you next week

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
I need Jozzers back, Have not had a lag free race since Canada (Must be the Dutch Internet :D
So to begin with my hotlap was a roulette as I had to hope I didn't have lag spike, in the end my fastest lap only had about 0.3 seconds of lag involved. Praying before the race began but shore enough I get a bad start again and lose 2 positions only to lose 2 more due to a 2 second lag spike, lots of carnage ensued and somehow from 10th I was 3rd after lap 1, hunted down Menk and overtook him as he too seemed to be suffering from lag. Overcut him on final stop only to find out that out of nowhere @Head Squid had rekt us all on strategy but I was sure I would catch him after setting purple laps, but alas as just when I had him under 3 seconds away the lag intensified and towards the end I was worried I might lag back all the way to Menk. Even with no lag though I had no pace today compared to @RichyB and @Head Squid who were faster on softs than I was on supers. I still could have got 2nd but I think Squid deserved it more as he was faster than me. Here is hoping I can get this issue resolved as lag also cost me 3rd in Britain. I don't know why but my game only seems to lag in AOR not in any other league I do. I like spa much more than hungary so cannot wait til next week. See you then

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Jumped start, Wrecked twice...what more can I say...glad I finished.