Jan 12, 2014
Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 7th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Aladar
@Helmetless Stig
@Spedz

Last edited by a moderator:

Aladar

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
I'm almost certainly not going to be able to make any of the next 3 races :( (including this one)

• Informative
Reactions: Thompson

Pwox

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 6, 2017
No setup no training this week, i just wanted to behave like an IRL Sauber :D

Also guys, wake up, we weren't many this race

Kreosteijn

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 10, 2017
Easily the worst track on the calendar for me, and it showed. I qualified last, more than 2 seconds down on the pole time. In the race I was also almost 2 seconds a lap slower than the leaders. However, since there were so many no-shows, there were still some points on offer. I drove as consistently as I could, trying to keep mistakes and time penalties to a minimum. I don't think I overtook anyone (on track) all race but I crossed the finish line in 8th and got promoted to 6th because apparently I was the only person not to get any time penalties.

Highlights:
(Shadowplay didn't record sound)

dragonbone81

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 14, 2015
My not very spectacular view. had to be just fast enough not to get caught by the two cars behind me in the final stint. A couple more laps and I would have finished 5th. :D

scotchtape20

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2014
Had a lot of practice, even wet practice. Qualified 3rd which was better than I anticipated. Got squeezed out on turn one by being on the outside of a 3-wide, compromised my exit speed and traction and lost 2 positions. Was stuck behind @trumpa94 for the first 10 laps until he did 2 powerslides in a row at the the end of lap 10, overcooked his rear tyres and finally gave me the position. Then it went downhill very quickly: as we finished lap 12 and it was time to pit and I was 2-3 seconds behind @dragonbone81. He spun out in the pit entry and the game reset him straight on the pit entry track. I saw him at the last second and braked just enough to not ram into him. The game slightly ghosted me just in case but it was fine. Then I followed him to the line and he braked for it much sooner than I anticipated, and this time I wasn't fast enough to react and brake accordingly (and the game didn't ghost me fast enough). I broke part of my front wing as a result and since we were already in the pits, the pit crew couldn't replace it. I thought to myself "we'll see how it goes" with it broken, but Hungary has a couple of high speed corners, and the downforce I was missing was too much to handle, so after 1 lap on mediums, I had to go back in pits to change the front wing and my race was over. I wish I could have kept the mediums on, but I had to switch to softs... on lap 14... meaning I had to do 21 laps on softs. I knew 1-stop SS-S was possible offline (15-20 laps respectively), but that was done going at full pace. The tyre degradation online is much higher, so I thought 21 laps on softs would be impossible. In the end, I did manage them to last that long and finish at 70% degradation, but I had to drive 5-6 laps at a very much slower pace, so I couldn't catch the guys in front of me.

Finally, 9th was not what I was expecting, 3rd or 4th was the target, but stuff like this happen, it's unfortunate but hey, it's just a game!

BTW why the flying **** can't we tell the pit crew not to change the tyres? How hard can it be to code that? It took them 8 games to have the technology for choosing to replace front wings or not, but can't make it for tyres? FFS... /rant