PS4 - Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix [07/01/2018 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 11 - Hungarian Grand Prix [07/01/2018 8:00PM]

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My pace has gone around here after playing some project cars 2 lately.. Need to get back in the car to get my 3rd consecutive pole hahah. Btw @DON SILVA, who is going to be the lobby host? Me?
Yes. You'll be hosting

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Jumped the start because of @Rabid_Donkey96's car putting me off and then crashed into the pit entry wall when coming in to serve my drive through. I lost my entire front wing and then the game teleported me back onto the track which meant I had to do a full lap without my wing. I then pitted but the game forced me to do my drive through which meant I had to do yet ANOTHER lap without a wing.

This day has been absolutely horrendous

InFinityzzHD

PS4 Triple Crown 2018 Indy 500 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
From a good quali to a disastrous race... Went good off the line broke a little bit too late and got pushed wide by someone which pushed me back to p5 drove back to p3 by some crashed of @Roadhouse and @MattDavies2511. Pitted on lap 13 and got back out behind @JohnnyR95 and @advanceapple. We all caught up with @ColonelGaddafi who was leading the race at that point.. @advanceapple was the first one who overtook him and then luckily I overtook him when @JohnnyR95 made contact with him. And then it was time to close in on @advanceapple, caught up with him, tried some overtakes round the outside of t1 and t2 but his lag was really bad so could get nowhere overtaking him. Was really close behind him at T11 when he lagged back into me which destroyed my wing. Pitted for a new wing and tyres but yeah, despite the repair wing damage was on yes my pitcrew didn't change my wing so had to do another stop. Few laps later I crashed.. So what looked to be a strong result first ended up in literally nothing.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
What a hell of a mess that was! I think this may end up being my longest race report ever when I do it! Haha.
Basically it was just one big lag mess. It was alright at first, then I had lag at one corner which shot me into the air randomly (reminded me of what happened to @DON SILVA at Austria), then a few laps later I got lag for a whole lap with cars teleporting backwards where again I got hit randomly by a car ahead I think teleporting backwards.
From then on it was just on and off nonstop, even when I was on my own I could see it still happening on the map which looked hilarious haha.

Then the three ahead of me all of a sudden pulled over and stopped, to then find out I got DSC. Tried rejoining which didn't work, saying the session was no longer available, which I managed to fix and rejoin by restarting the game.
Good job it didn't happen any sooner as the AI pitted me for Mediums and I only just made it to the end!

So yeah, absolute mess which I'll make a video of at some point and share.

Can we petetition to get this monstrosity off the calendar?
You mean the game itself, right? :rofl:

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
At my worst track, I net my best result in AOR....... nah!

Qualifying: P14 and last

Figured as much..... Didn't bother to practice for this race and in qualifying at least it showed. However, I hit on the right (ish) set-up for this track somehow and was on a lap a full second quicker than the 1:19.1 I put. Such was the pace of everyone else though it only would have gained me two positions so meh.

Race: P7 (Personal best in AOR)

Can't begin to figure out HOW I got P7 but yeah.... best finish in AOR so far and at my worst track bar Monaco!

Intentionally made a slow start and just as well with the turn 1 carnage. Passed @Prehn at turn 2 and stayed behind @TheTubbyNinja and @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii for a few laps while I got myself settled into a rhythm. @DON SILVA crashes and a couple of others end up biting the dust which saw me running in P7 by lap 10, and weirdly the handling of the car was getting better (not worse as has been happening previously, which I now know to be overheating tyres) as it race went on. Lap 14 I found myself LEADING the race as everyone else pitted for better tyres. Had I known my teammate @InFinityzzHD was in close proximity I probably would have made things harder for @advanceapple than I did (congrats on the win btw) and not to then subsequently hold him up, sorry about that Infinity!

Made my Softs last to lap 19, so I figured I'd take the "**** it" approach and attempted to finish the rest of the race on a set of Super-Softs, a points finish by that point was guaranteed so I thought why not? I never found out whether the wear on the front left would have been bad enough to prevent this, but early in the stint I was banging in high 1:20s and felt the car was completely responsive and glued to the track, probably the best I've felt it on a pad tbh. My mistake was A: Pulling out on the one-stop and B: Follow @InFinityzzHD into the pits, my mistake cost me a bunch of time at the stop but meh. Shame my P7 was a result of his retirement but the rest of the race I felt comfortable, and I even managed to finish ahead of @SolidNinjaSnake even though he had his troubles. Pretty happy with that race, on to the next one!

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Qualified 6th, honestly was pretty happy with that. Decent lap but I could've pushed more.

@Rabid_Donkey96 lagged back at the start, so I lost my front wing. No hard feelings at all, lag was awful today. Had to pit and rejoined in P13, quickly got past @KaneIyanda (not sure what happened with you mate!) and then got past @Prehn and @DON SILVA (when he had some issues), then began a race of me really just getting into a good groove. Made my second stop on lap 19 onto some softs, got past @ColonelGaddafi and then focused on the cars ahead.

Got ahead of @InFinityzzHD and @JohnnyR95 after they made some stops, and then had a good clean race with @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii, and brough it home P4. In all honesty, I had the pace for a podium or even a win, but oh well, another good P4!

Well done @advanceapple, @MattDavies2511 and @Roadhouse!

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
Quali: good lap 1:17.8, just think that until yesterday I was 1: 18.5

Race: race which for many is double-sided, who starts before the lights who completely mistakes the braking of curve 1, lag and various things, I find myself second behind @JohnnyR95 . from the video posted down bèh lag for you lag for me and it was quite difficult to keep up with him (after all, like many of us in this season we suffered from lag and lobby disruptcy etc .. the list is long.) until the pit at lap 11 and I at 13 to put the soft until the end. the laps pass and I find myself at @InFinityzzHD in the exhausts for a few laps but fortunately (unfortunately for lag) I can defend myself. always cause lag is the pit for the damaged wing from there I race on the @MattDavies2511 and I can win my first race in AOR, although I would have liked to win it in a different way ..

Congrats to @MattDavies2511 @THEROADHOUSE @Tigerkart_22 and all.

Reactions: Rabid_Donkey96

Rabid_Donkey96

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 19, 2017
What an absolute lag orgy. Not sure anything could have gone worse for me this weekend, as if I needed another reason to hate this track.

Qualifying - P11: I'm really making this P11 my own in qualifying, at least i get to choose what tyre to start on. Could have been higher if I'd actually remembered to adjust the fuel load on my first run. Second run got invalidated then ran out of time by about 2 seconds for a third. Probably should have realised this was just a sign of all the crap that was to come...

Race - P9: Well I lagged off of the start line which was just the start of the mess that followed. So after lagging off the line and being given a drive-through for it, with everyone else still stationary, I was up in about p5 before everyone else moved. Having realised what had happened I tried to move over to to the inside of the track to stop and let everyone past because I knew that I'd just lag into someone if I got anywhere near and I really didn't want to do that to you guys up the front. However, I couldn't even do this as I was on my way and I lagged backwards into @Tigerkart_22 (just seen it from the @advanceapple video) and then went flying forwards into @KaneIyanda so I'm sorry again guys, felt pretty bad but nothing I could do. So after pitting the next lap for a new front wing I managed to speed in the pit lane, then the next lap I served my drive-through. Kept going round accompanied only by @SolidNinjaSnake at times which was the only fun part of the race I think, managed to get past on fresh tyres before making my only stop and managed to speed in the pit lane again (seriously though I couldn't see the line at all). Thanks to retirements I was gradually going up the points, looked like p8 (not accounting for my penalties) so I was pushing to build a gap to hold p8 for a while before I knocked the front wing so had to pit again and serve all 10 seconds of penalties (I'd like to blame lag again but I don't think I can), and yeah that was it. On the bright side, I didn't speed in the pit lane for my last pit-stop (y)

Hate this part of the calendar, always suck at these past few tracks but I keep scoring some kind of points at least. Congrats to the guys on the podium, especially my team-mate @Roadhouse

Reactions: KaneIyanda

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
Thought my first lap was an okay initial lap which I improved on the next time around and still knew I had time to gain. Then I saw @InFinityzzHD set a 17.3... A whole second faster than me! Nice job on that one! Seems like I was losing most of the time in the middle sector as a few people were 3-6 tenths faster there!

Went out towards the end and I only bloody cut a corner on my out lap didn't I? Resulting in not only invalidating that out lap, but my NEXT LAP AS WELL! What the hell... So around I go again to finally start a flying lap to set a time on now worn tyres instead of a new set... I messed up here and there but ultimately improved my time by 3 tenths and ended up jumping from 10th to a whopping... 9th... Brilliant session haha...

Race
What an absolute mess! So much lag in this race.

@Rabid_Donkey96 jumped the start who was ghosting his way through the pack until all of a sudden he lagged to the right and came swerving across to the left and took out @KaneIyanda right in front of me. Luckily I got away unscathed! Managed to pass @TheTubbyNinja at T1 and my teammate @Tigerkart_22 at T2 to put me in 6th place. Not a bad start! I managed to keep up with the pack ahead while I also noticed a gap building behind me, which I'm not sure if TigerKart had damage? Assuming that due to him pitting on the first lap. (After looking at the T1 incident again, I think he got the damage there.)

Then the lag arrived... First appearing on Lap 3 at the chicane where I all of a sudden tilted sideways! Thankfully it didn't take me out or cause any damage but I was pretty concerned about how the race was going to unfold... It got worse. The lag returned near the end of the middle sector on Lap 5 where everyone was teleporting back and forth which I think was what caused @Roadhouse in 4th to spin who I swerved to avoid hitting. The lag carried on, even letting me appear in a ghosted @InFinityzzHD who was ahead of me. Then as we get to T1 I all of a sudden do a quick bunnyhop! Thankfully again no damage but I thought it might be safe to just stay back or if I had the knowledge, consider a different strategy to keep me away from cars. A few corners later at T5 I see @MattDavies2511 at the side of the road, I presumed due to the lag but he may have slid off the track, which gave me P4! Regardless of the lag and my concern for it, I can't deny things were going well for me!

Until Lap 8 that is, where going through the middle sector, the first three all of a sudden pull to the side of the road and park up as if they had all pressed to retire from the race at the exact same time! I was able to quickly look at the map to notice others had stopped too before I got the message “The session no longer exists.”
Well great. I thought this may have been a mass DSC due to how much lag there was but I'm guessing not! I didn't see any messages in the group chat so I guess it was just me. I tried rejoining but I kept receiving the message, “The session no longer exists.” Brilliant I thought, thinking I'd have to result in a DNF, but I tried restarting the game and rejoining again and it worked this time! I retake control of my car, finding that the AI must have been driving so damn slow for me to be so far behind, down in 10th, as well as have pitted for Mediums. Speaking of which, the Mediums were absolutely awful to drive on at first, leading me to think the game had glitched and I was actually still on my worn Super Softs haha! I even paused and checked the Race Director just to check it listed me as having pitted haha. It had and eventually, I was able to get pace with them. Anyway, after rejoining it wasn't too long until I had @Rabid_Donkey96 and @Prehn all over the back of me. I noticed RabidDonkey lost his position to Prehn even though he was right behind me, so I'm not sure if that was lag related, but I do know that on the final corner, Prehn teleported next to me and when I looked behind, I saw him sliding. Nothing I could do due to the lag causing it but I'm sorry still Prehn. =(

Lap 15 at T5 I got on the inside curb and went for a slide, dropping me to 13 seconds behind @Rabid_Donkey96. It didn't look like I had much to fight for with me being in 11th place and even considered pitting just so I could try and get the fastest lap haha. I didn't though, but it was a pretty lonely race after that but eventually, luck came my way! I was gaining on RabidDonkey a couple of tenths each lap until he pitted on Lap 22! (Had a lag moment at the beginning of Lap 22 where it showed RabidDonkey behind me for a couple of seconds for some reason.) At the same time though, all of a sudden @TheTubbyNinja retired! Which I guess was due to lag as on the map you can see the cars teleport for a second. So now I was up into 9th! @ColonelGaddafi pitted Lap 25 but remained ahead of me. Shortly after I all of a sudden get the message saying I got a penalty! I had no idea what for but considered if it was for RabidDonkey behind me who went off the track which I assumed was down to lag but I thought maybe the game thought we had collided but it wasn't, turned out I had just cut the corner slightly but strangely I got no notification at all! (Didn't even get one for the winner at the end! Haha.) So another glitch I guess either from rejoining or the lag. @Rabid_Donkey96 was soon right up behind me and made a brilliant pass around the outside at the final corner! Nice one! =)

I had no chance to attempt a pass down at T1 though as he was lagging left and right. So now I'm down in 10th as I watch him drive into the sunset, but I thought at least I'll be getting a point from this ridiculous race! Then I get more luck as Lap 28 I all of a sudden catch up with him! Due to how slow he was going I was honestly expecting to DSC again haha, but I didn't and he ended up pitting again! I think he went off the track into a barrier based on the map. Now I'm in 9th again but then Lap 31 @InFinityzzHD retires! Giving me 8th place which is where I ended up finishing with my tyres at 78%! Good job I didn't DSC a lap earlier!

So yeah, an absolute mess of a race which unfortunately won't be rerun, so I guess the positive thing about the result is the fact that I managed to come away from it with at least some points! It wasn't looking too bad at first, considering my lack of practice due to my terrible week, but then the lag and DSC completely ruined it. Roll on Belgium where hopefully things won't be as ridiculously laggy!

TL;DR – Feel free to just watch the video below where I threw a few things together haha. =P

Last edited:

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Qualifying
Thought my first lap was an okay initial lap which I improved on the next time around and still knew I had time to gain. Then I saw @InFinityzzHD set a 17.3... A whole second faster than me! Nice job on that one! Seems like I was losing most of the time in the middle sector as a few people were 3-6 tenths faster there!

Went out towards the end and I only bloody cut a corner on my out lap didn't I? Resulting in not only invalidating that out lap, but my NEXT LAP AS WELL! What the hell... So around I go again to finally start a flying lap to set a time on now worn tyres instead of a new set... I messed up here and there but ultimately improved my time by 3 tenths and ended up jumping from 10th to a whopping... 9th... Brilliant session haha...

Race
What an absolute mess! So much lag in this race.

@Rabid_Donkey96 jumped the start who was ghosting his way through the pack until all of a sudden he lagged to the right and came swerving across to the left and took out @KaneIyanda right in front of me. Luckily I got away unscathed! Managed to pass @Maurizio Vettel_89_ at T1 and my teammate @Tigerkart_22 at T2 to put me in 6th place. Not a bad start! I managed to keep up with the pack ahead while I also noticed a gap building behind me, which I'm not sure if TigerKart had damage? Assuming that due to him pitting on the first lap. (After looking at the T1 incident again, I think he got the damage there.)

Then the lag arrived... First appearing on Lap 3 at the chicane where I all of a sudden tilted sideways! Thankfully it didn't take me out or cause any damage but I was pretty concerned about how the race was going to unfold... It got worse. The lag returned near the end of the middle sector on Lap 5 where everyone was teleporting back and forth which I think was what caused @Roadhouse in 4th to spin who I swerved to avoid hitting. The lag carried on, even letting me appear in a ghosted @InFinityzzHD who was ahead of me. Then as we get to T1 I all of a sudden do a quick bunnyhop! Thankfully again no damage but I thought it might be safe to just stay back or if I had the knowledge, consider a different strategy to keep me away from cars. A few corners later at T5 I see @MattDavies2511 at the side of the road, I presumed due to the lag but he may have slid off the track, which gave me P4! Regardless of the lag and my concern for it, I can't deny things were going well for me!

Until Lap 8 that is, where going through the middle sector, the first three all of a sudden pull to the side of the road and park up as if they had all pressed to retire from the race at the exact same time! I was able to quickly look at the map to notice others had stopped too before I got the message “The session no longer exists.”
Well great. I thought this may have been a mass DSC due to how much lag there was but I'm guessing not! I didn't see any messages in the group chat so I guess it was just me. I tried rejoining but I kept receiving the message, “The session no longer exists.” Brilliant I thought, thinking I'd have to result in a DNF, but I tried restarting the game and rejoining again and it worked this time! I retake control of my car, finding that the AI must have been driving so damn slow for me to be so far behind, down in 10th, as well as have pitted for Mediums. Speaking of which, the Mediums were absolutely awful to drive on at first, leading me to think the game had glitched and I was actually still on my worn Super Softs haha! I even paused and checked the Race Director just to check it listed me as having pitted haha. It had and eventually, I was able to get pace with them. Anyway, after rejoining it wasn't too long until I had @Rabid_Donkey96 and @Prehn all over the back of me. I noticed RabidDonkey lost his position to Prehn even though he was right behind me, so I'm not sure if that was lag related, but I do know that on the final corner, Prehn teleported next to me and when I looked behind, I saw him sliding. Nothing I could do due to the lag causing it but I'm sorry still Prehn. =(

Lap 15 at T5 I got on the inside curb and went for a slide, dropping me to 13 seconds behind @Rabid_Donkey96. It didn't look like I had much to fight for with me being in 11th place and even considered pitting just so I could try and get the fastest lap haha. I didn't though, but it was a pretty lonely race after that but eventually, luck came my way! I was gaining on RabidDonkey a couple of tenths each lap until he pitted on Lap 22! (Had a lag moment at the beginning of Lap 22 where it showed RabidDonkey behind me for a couple of seconds for some reason.) At the same time though, all of a sudden @Maurizio Vettel_89_ retired! Which I guess was due to lag as on the map you can see the cars teleport for a second. So now I was up into 9th! @ColonelGaddafi pitted Lap 25 but remained ahead of me. Shortly after I all of a sudden get the message saying I got a penalty! I had no idea what for but considered if it was for RabidDonkey behind me who went off the track which I assumed was down to lag but I thought maybe the game thought we had collided but it wasn't, turned out I had just cut the corner slightly but strangely I got no notification at all! (Didn't even get one for the winner at the end! Haha.) So another glitch I guess either from rejoining or the lag. @Rabid_Donkey96 was soon right up behind me and made a brilliant pass around the outside at the final corner! Nice one! =)

I had no chance to attempt a pass down at T1 though as he was lagging left and right. So now I'm down in 10th as I watch him drive into the sunset, but I thought at least I'll be getting a point from this ridiculous race! Then I get more luck as Lap 28 I all of a sudden catch up with him! Due to how slow he was going I was honestly expecting to DSC again haha, but I didn't and he ended up pitting again! I think he went off the track into a barrier based on the map. Now I'm in 9th again but then Lap 31 @InFinityzzHD retires! Giving me 8th place which is where I ended up finishing with my tyres at 78%! Good job I didn't DSC a lap earlier!

So yeah, an absolute mess of a race which unfortunately won't be rerun, so I guess the positive thing about the result is the fact that I managed to come away from it with at least some points! It wasn't looking too bad at first, considering my lack of practice due to my terrible week, but then the lag and DSC completely ruined it. Roll on Belgium where hopefully things won't be as ridiculously laggy!

TL;DR – Feel free to just watch the video below where I threw a few things together haha. =P

Bloody hell the lag was really bad if @Maurizio Vettel_89_ was racing. He hasn't raced with us since Bahrain!!

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Quali: P3
Went out in my first run and set an alright time of a 1.17.7. I had been running in the 1.17.3 when practicing. So I was aiming for something similar. Only managed to improve up to a 17.5 which was a bit disappointing. P3 solid starting place.

Race: P2
Well....
OH MY

Had a mega launch, managed to get on the outside of the leaders into T1. Things got messy and @JohnnyR95 ended up leading followed by @advanceapple and then myself. God knows what happened there tbh. At this point it was very much follow the leader. I couldn't get past @advanceapple at all. Then 100% my fault, I was too busy focusing about the lagging cars ahead of me and hit the big curb in T5. Spun me out... brilliant. I then had to get a move on, I got my head down and caught upto @TheTubbyNinja on my way upto him I saw @SolidNinjaSnake stopped on the side of the track. Once I got past @TheTubbyNinja I was comfortably closing the gap to the leaders. On lap 12 I went to undercut and try to gain an advantage maybe some positions also. Didn't work. I then had a huge scrap between 5 cars for what felt like an eternity. Was brilliant fun!
@advanceapple @InFinityzzHD and I were comfortable top 3 until I got struck again with more lag and taken out.... win gone. Was all by myself pretty much from then on. I managed to close the lead to advance from 10secs or so down to 3. So positives can be taken with my pace.

It's a shame. It was a race that was looking so good with a potential win! But lag had to spoil our fun.

Onwards to Belgium lads

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 13, 2017
Q: 4th - that was the best lap I've put in on this track, I rarely manage to get into the 1:17's.

R:6th

Got off to a brilliant launch and was with the leaders into T1, backed off a bit and saw that @Roadhouse had left a huge gap on the inside, so I took it and was leading by the exit of the corner (on other povs I squeezed him and @InFinityzzHD wide but I had no idea InFinityzz was there as well, just wanted to stick my elbows out a bit. I was now leading, ahead of @advanceapple but my arch nemesis that is tyre wear came to haunt me. By lap 9 my tyres were nearing 60% and my lap times were tumbling, and by Lap 12 there were nearing 75% and advanceapple had more grip and took the lead from me.

With the struggle I had on the Supersofts to make them last I pitted on Lap 12 for Mediums in the hope to take them to the end. I was also surprised by the decision the others made to fit Softs though. Rejoined net P2 behind advanceapple, before @ColonelGaddafi made things interesting as he hadn't pitted and was on old tyres, did well to defend and hold position, however it allowed @InFinityzzHD and @MattDavies2511 to catch up to the train as well, advance got past him eventually, and I was caught out when Gaddafi ran wide out of the chicane, I tried to switch to the inside but made contact with his left rear and had minor front wing damage (despite there visually being nothing wrong), I then was forced 3 wide between the Mercedes pair before losing dropping behind Matt as well.

The damage was causing me to lose more and more time, anywhere between half a second and a second per lap on the leaders, and after hitting the kerb at turn 5, causing me to spin I dropped another 2 positions and decided I'd pit for a new wing and Supersoft tyres. This dropped me to 7th behind @InFinityzzHD and I caught him up slowly, notching Fastest Lap in the process, before InFinityzz made a mistake and destroyed his car in the barriers, I was now clear to bring the car home in 6th. A very disappointing result considering I led the first 11 laps of the race... Out of the 4 times I've lead a race at the Start, I've only won Australia. The others being Russia, Austria and today.

Need to fix my bottle if me and @kovisjimi are to have a constructors fight. But with tracks like Singapore, Japan and Brazil that I struggle at still to come I'm not too confident :')

GG @advanceapple on the win! And to @MattDavies2511 and @Roadhouse on completing the Podium.

Onwards to Belgium I guess. Highlights are below. (zoomed in on your nightmare @TheTubbyNinja)

Last edited:

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Qualifying: P8
A decent lap to start with but I had lots of time to find. Cut a corner in the first sector of my out-lap for my second run which the game of course decides it must invalidate the next lap for and didn't have the fuel to go for another. P8 is fine though.

Race: DNF
Decided to abandon the idea of taking T1 with any speed as I had just been traumatised by watching the murder of @KaneIyanda at the hands of @Rabid_Donkey96 before my very eyes. Meant I dropped to P9. Followed behind the ghosted @DON SILVA and @Tigerkart_22 fora lap which made for very confusing racing. Got past @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii with a decent move round the outside at T1 on lap 4. He span out though so I'm guessing it lagged for him.

Now in P7 and alone, I just decided to be as consistent as possible, which for this race was all you really needed because people were being lagged off the track like no tomorrow. Found myself in P5 by lap 6 due to a crashed out @MattDavies2511 who made quick work of me nonetheless. Pitted on lap 14 from the lead I had inherited due to everyone else ahead of me pitting and came out 7th. Caught up with the Soft starters @Tigerkart_22 and @ColonelGaddafi quite quickly but just waited behind them until they pitted so as to avoid any potential lag incident. By lap 20 I was in 5th again.

For some reason I started making really stupid mistakes, just missing apex's like crazy, and @Roadhouse caught me very quickly. Lap 22, @MattDavies2511 joined our two man train after spinning out ahead of us (he'll say it was lag but we all know it was his inferior abilities). However this allowed @Roadhouse through and I found myself in 6th.

Lap 23. It happened. Never have I been victim to such an injustice in all my days on this Earth. @JohnnyR95 joins our three man battle in the long right-hander that follows the super quick left turn. Promotes me back up to 5th... for about 10 seconds. I take the chicane beautifully, but someone appears to place a springboard on the apex of the left turn part of it, propelling me through the air and into the barrier, removing my wheel, ending my race.
You can find the incident below as well as my brutal crash in qualifying that gave me terminal damage.

LAG CRASH LAP 23:
QUALIFYING CRASH:

InFinityzzHD

PS4 Triple Crown 2018 Indy 500 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Qualifying: P8
A decent lap to start with but I had lots of time to find. Cut a corner in the first sector of my out-lap for my second run which the game of course decides it must invalidate the next lap for and didn't have the fuel to go for another. P8 is fine though.

Race: DNF
Decided to abandon the idea of taking T1 with any speed as I had just been traumatised by watching the murder of @KaneIyanda at the hands of @Rabid_Donkey96 before my very eyes. Meant I dropped to P9. Followed behind the ghosted @DON SILVA and @Tigerkart_22 fora lap which made for very confusing racing. Got past @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii with a decent move round the outside at T1 on lap 4. He span out though so I'm guessing it lagged for him.

Now in P7 and alone, I just decided to be as consistent as possible, which for this race was all you really needed because people were being lagged off the track like no tomorrow. Found myself in P5 by lap 6 due to a crashed out @MattDavies2511 who made quick work of me nonetheless. Pitted on lap 14 from the lead I had inherited due to everyone else ahead of me pitting and came out 7th. Caught up with the Soft starters @Tigerkart_22 and @ColonelGaddafi quite quickly but just waited behind them until they pitted so as to avoid any potential lag incident. By lap 20 I was in 5th again.

For some reason I started making really stupid mistakes, just missing apex's like crazy, and @Roadhouse caught me very quickly. Lap 22, @MattDavies2511 joined our two man train after spinning out ahead of us (he'll say it was lag but we all know it was his inferior abilities). However this allowed @Roadhouse through and I found myself in 6th.

Lap 23. It happened. Never have I been victim to such an injustice in all my days on this Earth. @JohnnyR95 joins our three man battle in the long right-hander that follows the super quick left turn. Promotes me back up to 5th... for about 10 seconds. I take the chicane beautifully, but someone appears to place a springboard on the apex of the left turn part of it, propelling me through the air and into the barrier, removing my wheel, ending my race.
You can find the incident below as well as my brutal crash in qualifying that gave me terminal damage.

LAG CRASH LAP 23:
QUALIFYING CRASH:
I've gotta say that was a nice barrel role tbh hahah

Last edited: