Mar 18, 2016
Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@JIM-NervoTank
@David Greco

Last edited:

David Greco

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I left it till the last minute, but I am still feeling quite sick, can't stand more than half an hour in front of a monitor. Been sick since Tuesday night. Will be back next race. Sorry guys.

• Informative
Reactions: alexukr

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
I have got absolutely no idea how I got 7th then.

Race realistically ended at Les Combes on Lap 1 when I was caught in a place where I couldn't react and hit Syntetic. This cost me an orange right part of my front wing and made me hopeless in the opening stint, falling to last, then when it was time to pit for inters because me and Ollie pitted on the same lap I had a 13 second stop while my team fannied about and my wing got changed. Opening few laps on Inters I felt okay but very quickly it became apparent that my lack of rear grip in the dry is times 3 in the wet (as anyone behind me would have seen). I managed to get to behind @CianG-4 but he hit @clarky_110 and spun and I again had nowhere to go once he locked his car down. This damaged my wing again and really put me out of it but somehow I was fighting for 10th place still so with a few to go pitted for ultras and told it not to change my wing, this decision boosted me to 7th.

Congrats @Ollie_D631 on another mixed conditions win. I started 7th and I finished 7th, so overall result is actually OK considering I spent a good 15 laps with two damaged front wings.

Reactions: Ollie_D631

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
Quali 1st

Finally no lag or other glitches from game. Interestingly happens when lobby is less crowded. Lap was really good one of my best laps.

Race 2nd

Good result but lost over 5 seconds in pitlane. Congrats to @Ollie_D631 for the win your wet pace was much better. Congrats also to @SynTeTiC96 for podium.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Interesting tidbit.

All I've ever been able to do on this track is a 43.2. Endless 43.2s All of my previous league race practice sessions ended with me doing that time and I qualified on a 43.2 in that league and today, like clockwork, I did 43.225.

That time is very much my glass ceiling on this track.

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
Quali p9: Tried to get 11 to get free choice of tires, which was a bad idea. Also used the wrong setup.
Race p3: funny race with a lot of action. @wooly51 did we have contact? Dont remember getting hit at any point.
Congrats to @Ollie_D631 and @Aressi191, very deserved to both of you. Unfortunate ending for @Simo911, your pace was amazing.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Quali p9: Tried to get 11 to get free choice of tires, which was a bad idea. Also used the wrong setup.
Race p3: funny race with a lot of action. @wooly51 did we have contact? Dont remember getting hit at any point.
Congrats to @Ollie_D631 and @Aressi191, very deserved to both of you. Unfortunate ending for @Simo911, your pace was amazing.
Les Combes on lap one. My fault, I was too busy playing with fuel to see everyone had checked up.

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Quali P2: Pretty happy with my lap considering i fueled for 2 laps. Couldn't challenge @Aressi191 's lap.
Race P1: So happy to take 2 wins in my rookie season! I felt as if @XxCarrexX06 and @Simo911 had better pace than me today but i manged the tyres and strategy well. Slipstreamed @Aressi191 on the first lap and then led from then on. Congrats to aressi on 2nd and @SynTeTiC96 on 3rd. Unlucky for @Simo911 on the last lap puncture.

Simo911

Pro Karter
Aug 30, 2017
Full race:

Q: Had literally 4-5 quali laps training before hand. Did only 1 run with the ultras in qual and made 3 tenths better than ever.

R: Damn it was a rollercoaster race. First two laps I was so slow, it was like car was lacking some raw performance. As soon as rain came I was more competetive but decided to wait for DRS ban. Bad call. I have not see so quick weather change ever. I was about 10secs from the first place after pit stops.

Oh man I love the rain. I was faster and faster when rain got heavier. It´s so much fun to drive with inters in heavy rain. Had a great battle with @Aressi191 and then went for @Ollie_D631. I was ready to take Ultras for 1-2 laps to the end but decided to go to the end with inters because I had 1 lap fresher and according to my pace I had the best tyres in top3. It was weird but I did not notice high wear until the last lap. It did not feel so bad. At 90% rear right tyre blew up and there was whole sector to go. Tried everything to keep the 2nd place but even with 5th gear at 6000rpm got wheel spin with 1 and a half tyres.

Still I think that it was maybe the best race of the season after Monaco. It´s not always about the result.

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
Shoutout to me exiting the pits in Quali - As I had reset my router (turned EVERYTHING off) pre race, my pedals hadn't been syncronised so I left the pits touched the throttle, it went to 100% pressure, span, crossed the white line, the game then reset me on the racing line (dafuq game, if someone had been there they'd had been screwed).

It was the most F6 start to a session you're likely to see.