XB1 - Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix [14/01/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix [14/01/18 8:00pm]

BigBadPopperDom

F1 Reserve Driver
Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys. The wife brought me a new headset so the TV can be muted. Do you guys mute all or do I have to do something to prevent you hearing me singing through the race

K04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Aug 23, 2017
I know I went across a force india on the grid, wanna apologise for that, I lost the back and ultimately crashed and lost my wheel, I thought i'd just lose the wing but the damage model is so inconsistent haha. So yeah, Sorry to the force india

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Ugh, what could have been lol

Qualified P4 which, hey, was great! Race started in intermediate conditions. Turn one seemed like madness looking back but I got a good run out of it on the outside. Scooted into P3 before eau rouge. From there I made an aggressive move to scoot into P2 behind Joe and we started pulling a gap. Last I looked I was about 4s behind him and P3 was 7s behind me. I started closing in on Joe a little then he'd pull the gap back out. I was really looking forward to a good race as I settled into a groove. Then disconnect. Insane set of profanities left my mouth, I remember to turn my mic off this time though lol.

Reconnected (thanks again Joe) and was in P7 after pitting wwwwaaayyyyyy too early. Well ok. Lets see what kind of damage control we can do. Pedal to the medal in rich with fresh inters. Started reeling people in and climbed into P4. Oops, that hard push sent my front tires straight to hell. All the way down to 70% with a hand full of laps. Now it was time to manage the gap to P5 since I had a 3s penalty.

I crossed the line in P4 with a 3.7s gap and front right tire at 95%. I'll upload the video when my xbox finishes uploading it lol

ValiFusilli

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Sep 5, 2017
Well that was OK i guess. Didn't get to practice at all for this track so what i could do was purely from previous experience. In quail I stupidly put on a mixed setup (dry/wet) by accident, instead of a purely wet one. Still felt good in quali and somehow managed to snatch a P3 (damn you @o Coxon o by .005 ;)).

Than was way to carefull in turn1, losing 2/3 places. Managed to crawl a few back and settled in for P3. Noticed to my surprise that @Hockeyhead019 got disconnected, and obviously being really pissed about it. Thought well that's nice, free P2. Than when I came into the pit the game stupendously gave me a 10-sec penalty out of nothing:mad::mad::mad:.
Tried to get the gap to P3 as big as possible, so I would still finish there.
Than the horrendous last busstop happened, where @Dr Prettyman locked-up and halfly took me out, and thus for now costing me P2. No real hard feelings about it (conditions like this are hard), but something like this will hopefully not happen next time.

Jaakko pikkarainen

Pro Karter
Nov 28, 2017
yeah.. That was afful race.. again even that I have quite ok pace in dry and in qualy I was actually even quicker than some guys starting 12/16 and was 2,5s behind pole everybody was so much quicker in wet condition.. I mean a lot quicker, lapped me not once but 2 or 3 times in the race maybe have to just practice more in the rain.. It's just fusterating becose it seems it's gone rain in every race at some point any good tips for the rain is welcome beside practice ofcource

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
yeah.. That was afful race.. again even that I have quite ok pace in dry and in qualy I was actually even quicker than some guys starting 12/16 and was 2,5s behind pole everybody was so much quicker in wet condition.. I mean a lot quicker, lapped me not once but 2 or 3 times in the race maybe have to just practice more in the rain.. It's just fusterating becose it seems it's gone rain in every race at some point any good tips for the rain is welcome beside practice ofcource
Limitless has a good video about driving in the rain. Personally the two things that helped me the most were running in lean coming out of the corner and 50% differential on power. Other than that it's just getting used to feeling the car in the wet

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Double Post:

Here's the video of the last couple corners... note the tire wear lol

Not so sure I've been that puckered during a lap(s) in my short career lol