Mar 27, 2017
Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Floriswijers33

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 10, 2016
okay... well i just completely forgot that I had to drive last Sunday. thought we begun this Sunday but that wasn't to be. But I'm ready for this beautifull Grand Prix. see you Sunday guys! wish you the best of luck. :)

Reactions: Klayyyyyy

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Questions to drivers:

1.After a tight and twisty Hungary to very much a power track of Spa, will you have to change your driving style to adapt to this weekends GP?

2.Spa often can spice stuff up and we have had no rain this season in the races, would you like a sprinkle of rain come face day?

3.Will anyone go side by side by up Eau Rouge and survive?

4. Is 2nd the real pole around here?

5. Your Predictions:
Pole- (laptime)
1st-
2nd-
3rd-
Myself-

doordos_1150

Kubica Wannabe
Dec 17, 2017
1.After a tight and twisty Hungary to very much a power track of Spa, will you have to change your driving style to adapt to this weekends GP? Way more agressive due to me not having to save tyres

2.Spa often can spice stuff up and we have had no rain this season in the races, would you like a sprinkle of rain come face day?
Considering my pace in christmas cup then yes plzzz

3.Will anyone go side by side by up Eau Rouge and survive? Not if they're side by side with you

1st defo isn't, 2nd or 3rd are the best places to start at
5. Your Predictions:
Pole- (laptime) Very low 1:43
1st- klay
2nd- falcon
3rd- me(if I race)
Myself- 3rd

• Agree
Reactions: TheogGR1

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
1.After a tight and twisty Hungary to very much a power track of Spa, will you have to change your driving style to adapt to this weekends GP?
It's a very different track for sure, with so much less downforce on the cars cornering will certainly be different and you need to be a lot more patient and cautious because of it.
2.Spa often can spice stuff up and we have had no rain this season in the races, would you like a sprinkle of rain come race day?
In the Christmas cup I was rapid in the wet, however I'm not sure it will translate to the 2017 cars. Since I seem to have the pace to be at the front in the dry I'd rather not have things spiced up :p
Probably, if one of them backs out.
Honestly I don't think the kemmel straight 1st lap OP is that big, if you're 1st hugging the inside should be enough if you're running low downforce. Then again I always seem to qualify P2 or P3 so I wouldn't mind :D
5. Your Predictions:
Pole- 1:42.8 (assuming no Falcon qualy ban)
1st- Falcon
2nd- Me
3rd- Sam
Myself- P2 will be decent enough

Last edited:

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Will try to drive in the same style as Hungary. This is a very good track for me and I've got time to practice this week so I've got high hopes for this race.

At this point I'm basically the anti- @xXVik-StarRxX cause we haven't had rain all season apart from a couple of minutes here and there. I'd like a dry qualy and race.

And survive? Probably not.

Yup, P1 is gonna get mugged on lap 1.

5. Your Predictions:
Pole- 1:42.877
1st- Myself
2nd- @RC Sam14
3rd- @maxtheracer
Myself- Going all in on trying to win this one.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Questions to drivers:

I actually prefer tracks like Spa, they're fun to drive and fairly easy to master, which helps with my transition to the wheel
2.Spa often can spice stuff up and we have had no rain this season in the races, would you like a sprinkle of rain come race day?
First off I corrected the word race in your quote, you're British, you should be able to spell every word in the English dictionary. Second, yes.
Maybe
Can Honda build a good engine?
5. Your Predictions:
Pole- 1.42:817
1st- @Curly
2nd- @Klayyyyyy
3rd- @RC Wallen
Myself- P6

xXVik-StarRxX

F1 Senna Equivalent
Feb 28, 2016
Will try to drive in the same style as Hungary. This is a very good track for me and I've got time to practice this week so I've got high hopes for this race.

At this point I'm basically the anti- @xXVik-StarRxX cause we haven't had rain all season apart from a couple of minutes here and there. I'd like a dry qualy and race.

And survive? Probably not.

Yup, P1 is gonna get mugged on lap 1.

5. Your Predictions:
Pole- 1:42.877
1st- Myself
2nd- @RC Sam14
3rd- @maxtheracer
Myself- Going all in on trying to win this one.
I can come host 1 race if you'd like ;)

Curly

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
This track is simply beautiful to drive :)

• Agree
Reactions: xXVik-StarRxX

99Pipmatt

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 2, 2017
I think we all do tbh because of how different the track is.

I'm actually starting to question if @Curly has coded in dry weather for lobbies because this dry streak is ridiculous. I'm a pad runner I need every chance of having rain. ;)
If they're wheel users then sure.
Yeah I'd agree
5. Your Predictions:
Pole- (laptime) Whatever @Cherry2pie decides to do considering he's now a god
1st- @Curly
2nd- @Klayyyyyy
3rd- @Iceman46
Myself- P7

Reactions: Klayyyyyy

Curly

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
After that practice session, I think I've worked out everyones set up here.

• Kappa
Reactions: doordos_1150

99Pipmatt

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 2, 2017
Just a heads up for tonight, the online servers are really playing up at the moment, the lobby itself is fine but it’s very difficult to make a lobby and it keeps saying failed to create a session. This happened to cherry and brown too

• Informative
Reactions: Curly

Curly

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Ok just a clarification. @maxtheracer you can qualify as normal tonight. However I'd like to remind you to actually check the forums in future so that you don't miss information that relates to you. For future reference, if you or anyone has a qualifying ban, you are not meant to set any time at all. As what happened in Hungary could've easily caused you to start in front of another car, you're fortunate that wasn't the case. However as you made sure to be behind all those that were allowed to qualify I'll consider your qualifying ban from Austria as served. If this happens in future, you would receive a penalty for ignoring the stewards decision, so please check the forums before the race.

Curly

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Since it's 99.9% certain I'm not racing tonight, can I watch the race as a spectator?
If there is no space for you then yes you can spectate.

TheogGR1

F1 2nd Driver
Aug 12, 2015
Race ruined by two brainless decisions. One when someone went for a gap that was always going to disappear and then I just had to screw it up by trying to avoid a spinning car( how hard can it be to control your car??) and instead hitting him straight on.