PS4 - Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix [14/01/2018 8:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 12 - Belgian Grand Prix [14/01/2018 8:00PM]

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
What..... the actual..... **** was this?

Qualifying: P13 (crash)

Thanks again @InFinityzzHD for helping me out on the set-up, worked a treat as far as handling was going. However, for some unknown reason everytime I tried taking Pouhon flat at 7th gear the car's rear end would keep throwing me off the track at every opportunity. Crashed after the third attempt but figured hey ho, go on to the race and see what happens.

Race: DNF

Dunno where the hell to begin with this one. Firstly I want to apologise to @KaneIyanda for wiping him out in my own incident, not my intention of course. Start I was concentrating on staying out of trouble, but decided to attempt a pass on @Prehn into Turn 1 which gave me my first indicator of something was severely wrong. I thought "I'm gonna hit him" after I messed up my braking, but instead I literally went straight through him like he wasn't physically there, then total carnage ensues ahead of me which several cars, including @kovisjimi's Red Bull, gets collected in the mayhem and I'm up to P8 by the end of the Kemmel straight. Ghost past a couple of others who seemed really slow and I find myself legit in P4.

Wait!? P4? Nah....... Something's amiss I thought.

Sure enough, I have my umpteenth rear end spin out at Pouhon which kills Kane and sends me spinning endlessly UNDERNEATH the track, which I thought was game over. After I checked Kane's message directed at me, I'm back on the track - NO DAMAGE! Whit?

Got a few laps going, behind @kovisjimi I'm gaining as much as four tenths per sector on the 3rd and 1st sections, but losing that same time for my poor grip at Pouhon, which caught me out again on lap 5 (cue through more barriers). Then I run wide into a barrier which sends me to Narnia, Hogwarts or whatever fictional metaphor I could use to describle being sent into a glitch without getting damage. I decided **** this and quit the game.

Restart please? haha

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
What..... the actual..... **** was this?

Qualifying: P13 (crash)

Thanks again @InFinityzzHD for helping me out on the set-up, worked a treat as far as handling was going. However, for some unknown reason everytime I tried taking Pouhon flat at 7th gear the car's rear end would keep throwing me off the track at every opportunity. Crashed after the third attempt but figured hey ho, go on to the race and see what happens.

Dunno where the hell to begin with this one. Firstly I want to apologise to @KaneIyanda for wiping him out in my own incident, not my intention of course. Start I was concentrating on staying out of trouble, but decided to attempt a pass on @Prehn into Turn 1 which gave me my first indicator of something was severely wrong. I thought "I'm gonna hit him" after I messed up my braking, but instead I literally went straight through him like he wasn't physically there, then total carnage ensues ahead of me which several cars, including @kovisjimi's Red Bull, gets collected in the mayhem and I'm up to P8 by the end of the Kemmel straight. Ghost past a couple of others who seemed really slow and I find myself legit in P4.

Wait!? P4? Nah....... Something's amiss I thought.

Sure enough, I have my umpteenth rear end spin out at Pouhon which kills Kane and sends me spinning endlessly UNDERNEATH the track, which I thought was game over. After I checked Kane's message directed at me, I'm back on the track - NO DAMAGE! Whit?

Got a few laps going, behind @kovisjimi I'm gaining as much as four tenths per sector on the 3rd and 1st sections, but losing that same time for my poor grip at Pouhon, which caught me out again on lap 5 (cue through more barriers). Then I run wide into a barrier which sends me to Narnia, Hogwarts or whatever fictional metaphor I could use to describle being sent into a glitch without getting damage. I decided **** this and quit the game.

Restart please? haha

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Indeed I did, I knew I wasn't making up positions by myself that easily. Please tell me I didn't kill you too? lol
Yeah, you weren't ghosting on my screen. Your car was glued to mine and that led to me spinning off.

This game is fucking ridiculous sometimes.

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 13, 2017
I'm genuinely questioning why I keep playing this game. I seem incapable of avoiding other peoples accidents on Lap 1.

Senaattori

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2017
At least I showed that I belong here. Funniest race this season with no pressure, but too much problems.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My set-up felt AWFUL. I was so slow and the car was understeery as ****. To make matters worse, I crashed at Blanchimont on the penultimate lap from a certain P8. So annoyed with myself.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Here's my view of the T1 incident:

From my point of view, I had already turned in for the corner when another car all of a sudden appeared down the inside. If you pause just before I turn in, all proximity arrows are directly behind me until I start to turn in, so I was left with no chance to react. They hit me, where I then hit @KaneIyanda. Really sorry again man.

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
This was unplayable for me. Didn't know whether I was passing people or mass lag was taking place, not to mention going through things and being placed in alternate dimensions.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
An okay first lap I guess which put me in 6th position, just two tenths off pole. My final lap was going much better until I locked up at T10 (although I'm not certain if I lost time or not) and definitely messed up the final chicane where I lost 2-3 tenths. Regardless of this, I still don't think I'd have grabbed P2 from @KaneIyanda. So I finished qualifying in 3rd.

Race
Not how I wanted the race to start. Went to turn in for T1 when a car appeared out of nowhere down the inside (I think it was @Rabid_Donkey96), leaving me no chance to react. I got hit, where I then hit and spun @KaneIyanda around, which then led to the chaos behind I think. Sorry again for that.

After this, I focused on chasing down @Roadhouse to no avail, as he was clearly quicker than me, I think most of the time lapping 4-5 tenths quicker. He pitted Lap 6 while I wanted to play it safer, just in case there was no tyre change for Inters later on and pitted the next lap. I exited in P5 and was now 7 seconds behind Roadhouse... However, I was able to chase him down this time, purely because of what I believe was @Prehn holding him up on his worn Super Softs! Lap 11 I soon found a really slow Prehn. I guess something had happened to him. (At the time I thought maybe he had a puncture.) I got held up a bit as I tried to navigate around past him where I just made it around the outside at T15. Next up is @Senaattori who I caught up to on Lap 15 where it looked like he slid on the curb, allowing me to easily get past. I was now 4 seconds off @Roadhouse where again I was finding myself gaining on him, this time I believe because @MattDavies2511 was holding him up on his worn Softs that he had started on!

The rain arrived Lap 17 I think and I knew @MattDavies2511 was going to have to pit one way or another, but I still hoped that I could make it to the end on Softs. Lap 19 as I get right behind MattyD, he dives into the pits for Inters. Now it was just down to @Roadhouse and I with a gap of about 2.5 seconds. End of Lap 20 and he pits, while I take the risk to stay out and try and finish on Softs. (Plus because I hadn't changed strategy and it's a pain to do it in sector 3. I know, I've crashed before there doing that haha! :rofl:)
In the end, that risk didn't pay off and when I arrived at sector 3 I saw I had lost nearly 15 seconds or something... So with one lap left to go, I opted to pit for Inters and try and attempt to salvage a podium finish, however it wasn't to be and I finish in P4.

So it may not have seemed like much of a race, but I actually quite enjoyed it! Felt like I was doing some good, consistent times and just generally doing well. Shout out to @MattDavies2511 on his risky strategy starting from the back! You may not have won but I'd say it was still a success! Congrats on the podium, as well as to @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii and also to the race winner, @Roadhouse! =)

Here again is the video of the T1 Incident:

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
My full race:
Quali: Last pretty much
First lap invalidated, Second lap I spun, third lap Invalidated. My time was 1:43.0 on the last lap. It was invalidated on the outlap... BRILLIANT

Race: 2nd
My strategy hen looking at the weather was always to go as long as i could on the soft tyres and then pit straight onto inters at the end. It all was hanging on a clean first lap. From my position that would be VERY HARD. Honestly I don't know what happened on lap 1, but I was P6 by the end of it. I then picked off @Prehn as he made an error. Then everyone pitted. As I was running the softs this was quite a dull part of the race where i had to extent my lead as much as possible to the people who had already stopped. @Roadhouse closed up and eventually overtook me. At this stage it was raining, I knew the track wasn't ready for inters but my tyres couldn't do another lap. I risked it and pitted for inters. Halfway round the lap the track was ready for them. I pushed so hard trying to get an undercut and possibly lead the race. But sadly that wasn't to be. I closed up on the last lap but P2 was the final place.

So lucky with that race, my errors could have been costly. But the weather and everything went my way today luckily.

Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
Qualifying: P2

Overall pretty happy with the lap but I lost a few tenths, could of potentially been on par with @Roadhouse but congrats man it was a nice lap.

I was feeling super confident with my pace for the race, but obviously T1 happened and ruined any chance of another win. Managed to get my head back down and went from 16th to 7th in a lap and then as I was coming round pouhon I was greeted by @ColonelGaddafi parked on the racing line after he recovered from a spin, for some reason the game didn’t ghost him and I absolutely nailed him in the top end of 7th gear.

Another race to forget.

Rabid_Donkey96

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 19, 2017
Qualifying - P5: Didn't really see this coming at all. Belgium has been one of my better tracks but I was fully expecting another p11. Put together a decent lap and it's my best result of the season so I was buzzing I actually looked relatively competitive for once.

Race - P6: I was terrified of the start after the lag fest last week and some pre race wobbles with my internet, I was determined to have a clean turn 1. Left a pause after the lights went out to ensure I didn't have another lag false start but still managed to get to P4. I know the rest of turn 1 is being looked at now but in short I locked up trying to avoid a collision. Think I dropped to P6 after the nightmare of turn 1. Then in the middle sector I had a few little lag jumps, running closely to a few other cars I decided to get well out the way to ensure there wasn't any contact, this caused me to go up on the kerb and as a result lost control and spun round, dropping me to p13 before a few cars came in to repair damage etc. and I went up to p10. Then as the race went on others pitting on different strategies or other incidents meant I was up to p4 when I came in for softs. Exited in p8 only just infront of @DON SILVA luckily, and from then on it was a quiet race for me really, just what I wanted with some slightly iffy internet on my part. Other cars were forced to pit so I found myself in p6 as the rain came down. As everyone pit to inters it looked like I had jumped @Senaattori for p5 as I emerged just infront of him. However, coming down to Eau Rouge in very dodgy intermediate conditions he pulled up along side and looked like going for an outrageous move so I backed out completely and let him go, didn't trust us in these conditions and with a fear of lag to go through it safely so decided to settle for p6 and just follow him home, which all in all is a solid result for me, just a shame I couldn't have been more aggressive at times.