PS4 - Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix - 13th January 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix - 13th January 2019 [8:00pm (UK time)]

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Round 12 - Hungarian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 13th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hungaroring
Laps: 35

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hungary is up there with Bahrain and Japan as my favourite tracks. I’d put these down for wins at the start of the season, so hopefully I should be competitive here.

Reactions: danio

danio

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 8, 2017
Haha I won’t say nothing because as we know already my luck will be far away of me, haha

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Hungary is up there with Bahrain and Japan as my favourite tracks. I’d put these down for wins at the start of the season, so hopefully I should be competitive here.
i'd like to have your optimism but there are so many problems that can happen during a race here. It's important to be at the front after quali but to do that you have to use ultras. Using them, you have to pit around lap 6 or 7 and that's going to be mid pack after pitstop. Procession time with only one place to overtake. I know it's the same for everyone but a certain amount of luck is needed to get a win in Hungry. Still, it should be a good one with so many racers on the pace now?

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
i'd like to have your optimism but there are so many problems that can happen during a race here. It's important to be at the front after quali but to do that you have to use ultras. Using them, you have to pit around lap 6 or 7 and that's going to be mid pack after pitstop. Procession time with only one place to overtake. I know it's the same for everyone but a certain amount of luck is needed to get a win in Hungry. Still, it should be a good one with so many racers on the pace now?
You have to have so much more pace than everyone else to pull off a 2 stop, starting on US would kill your race before it’s even started. S-M is comfortable but as you say, staying out trouble is harder than it looks!

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
That shows up my lack of knowledge of Hungry. I didn't even realise that the mediums are available for the race? A bit of a rethink for me? lol.

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Love this circuit! So much like Monaco and the flow is really good. If you can keep the car facing forward, you'll do well.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Happy with the soft/medium race setup now. Managed a 1.16.9 on the yellow tyre in online quali.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Happy with the soft/medium race setup now. Managed a 1.16.9 on the yellow tyre in online quali.
Been away with work all week and only chance I’ll get to practice is 7 Sunday night :confused: hoping that this track being one of my favourites will keep me competitive but not as confident as I normally would be.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I'm having internet connection problems. If I drop out of the lobby don't wait for me. Also, if I leave during the race, it won' be because of rage quitting.

• Informative
Reactions: Jason007

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Have had a hard time narrowing down a setup for this track. I get one issue fixed and create another, or get the rear planted but at the cost of the front not biting. Hopefully my current setup isn't too bad on any of the negatives. Really liked this track in the older games (2012 I think being the version I raced it most on), but it's very different and more of a challenge now.

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Have had a hard time narrowing down a setup for this track. I get one issue fixed and create another, or get the rear planted but at the cost of the front not biting. Hopefully my current setup isn't too bad on any of the negatives. Really liked this track in the older games (2012 I think being the version I raced it most on), but it's very different and more of a challenge now.
I’ve had the same problems, either the back end goes or I can’t get it turned in. Especially at turn 4.

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
Anyone got a replay of what happened to me at T1?

Felt like someone rear-ended me, making the front left fall off even though I don't believe there was anything for the front left to impact(will check my capture after race finishes). Front right, sure, since I'd tapped the back of someone after they tapped someone in front, but seriously game... How TF did the front (left) fall off?! :mad:

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
This season is beginning to resemble last season!
Qualified 4th finished 5th but that doesn’t tell the whole story. If you get a spare 17:48 then have a watch. It’s fun!
Congrats to @Nick-1054 for winning again! And to @MJ7 and @chris130256 for getting on the podium.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris130256

Jason007

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 9, 2017
Qualy - P13
Race - P8

Pre-Race Interview - Again, another week of lack of practice, but on a circuit I really enjoy. Seasons ago I absolutely hated this circuit, but over the years I have grown to love it. Should be a good race I'm sure!

Qualy - Inters conditions at qualy. With no wet practice I went out with the intention of setting whatever time I could. Initially I was in the top 10, but by the end dropped down to P13. Not much to say beyond that.

Strategy - With a wet qualy and dry race, that means free tire choice for the entire grid. Being in P13 I decide to stick to the standard one-stopper of Softs > Mediums, and adjust if needed. +3 laps of fuel for the main straight and overtaking.

LIGHTS OUT (4:10) - Absolute chaos going into Turn 1 as I see @JimiRäikkönen go wide and @Limaro_83 sideways. I take to the outside to avoid contact with @Limaro_83 and rejoin in P14. @Nick-1054 is in the grass and I jump up back into P13.

Lap 1 (4:58) - I start battling for position with @SEAN-GBR.

Lap 1 Continued (5:40) - I lose my braking point and nearly collide with @SEAN-GBR.

Lap 2 (6:40) - @SEAN-GBR runs wide at Turn 5 and I move up to P11. My teammate @Jari seems to be running unusually slow, so I figure he must have some sort of damage. I'm desperate to get past however to keep my strategy alive. Up to P10.

Lap 3 (8:00) - @chaingang123 loses the rear thru Turn 5. Up to P9.

Lap 4 (9:55) - Safety Car! Prime position to pit. Do I pit? With only four-lap-old Softs I decide to stay out. No use in losing any track position for a stop. P8

Lap 8 (16:15) - SC is in and we're back to racing! @Hunter17 is slow down the straight, so up to P7. However, exiting Turn 1 disaster strikes! Unexpectedly I lose the rear and go straight into the grass! Nooo! By the time the traffic clears I'm down to P17. Damnit...

Lap 10 (19:25) - With broken wings and pitting, I'm up to P11 now, following behind @xGATECRASHERx.

Lap 13 (23:50) - @MrRobinhx exits the pits on fresh Mediums just ahead of me. Still in P11.

Lap 16 (29:00) - BOX BOX BOX! Time for some Mediums. Down to P13 and ahead of @Salvo Failla.

Lap 19 (32:25) - @Salvo Failla on Softs and with DRS dives to inside of Turn 1 for the overtake. I attempt the switch-back, but fail. Now in P12.

Lap 22 (36:35) - Safety Car deployed! Things have got interesting now!

Lap 22 Continued (37:38) - @KroNoS271 flies by under SC, suddenly slows and I end up with a broken wing. (n) Guess it's time to pit. Too far from the end of the race for US so I go for a fresh set of Softs and a new wing. Exit the pits in P11, behind @KroNoS271.

Lap 25 (43:38) - @Limaro_83 gets a good jump on the restart with @KroNoS271 in P13 sandwiched between myself and @chris130256 in P8. Down the main straight, unexpectedly, @KroNoS271 holds position ahead of myself and @Limaro_83. I brake early, not sure what to expect. @Limaro_83 capitalizes thru Turn 1. @Limaro_83 and @KroNoS271 nearly collide with me, and I lose positions down to P11. Again I lose the rear, this time at Turn 3 and into the grass. @xGATECRASHERx takes advantage and overtakes. Down to P11.

Lap 28 (47:20) - DRS failure! But I've barely used the damn thing!? P10.

Lap 29 (48;35) - @xGATECRASHERx loses the rear and spins at Turn 5. Up to P9 behind @Limaro_83.

Lap 30 (50:25) - @chaingang123 appears to have damage, so I dive into Turn 12 behind @Salvo Failla. P8

ACROSS THE LINE (57:35) - P8!

Post-Race Interview - Hands down the craziest and most entertaining race so far this season! I feel like I could have done much better than P8 considering the circumstances, however, I certainly need to work on my SC restarts. I'll take a P8 over P13 any day for sure. Four points for the board.

Congrats to @Nick-1054 on yet another win!
Congrats to @MJ7 and @chris130256 on rounding out the podium!

Onto Spa! A classic!

ramma

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 12, 2018
LIGHTS OUT (4:10) - Absolute chaos going into Turn 1 as I see @JimiRäikkönen go wide and @Limaro_83 sideways. I take to the outside to avoid contact with @Limaro_83 and rejoin in P14. @Nick-1054 is in the grass and I jump up back into P13.
FYI, it was your front right just grazing my front left that knocked it off in T1. Unfortunate, but hard to avoid given the situation.

For anyone wanting spectator views of some of the action, I followed what I could from about lap 14 onward (~42 min 25 sec into the video).

Also just for kicks, here's my... highlights...?

Last edited:

Limaro_83

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
I'm amazed you carried on after all that. it was worth it though. A great result to get 5th.
Spinning off nearly a lap down 40 secs behind my teammate took a lot of will power not just to park it up.