XB1 - Round 12 - Japanese Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Round 12 - Japanese Grand Prix

Rapidz F1

AOR XB1 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Feb 28, 2016
I'm still happy race. Bad start to the race ended me down in 10th. Then I came fighting through into 8th, battling with @x PrO BiGGzY x and @Finch for 6th, which became 5th after Taylor pitted. I had two punctures, one before the first stop and one right at the end. I was chasing down @t3hmightymidg3t at the end until another puncture came at the last lap. Overall, pretty proud with my pace in the end. Could have been better than 8th but that's racing. See you guys at COTA
Sorry about the first corner, I barely touch your left rear tyre and then we just get stuck. This game is so stupid
its alright man! Wasn't going to blame you for that. It's the games fault with its contact system. Looks like we were both really unlucky that race.

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Qualy - 3rd

Have done quicker times, but my aim was a low 34s at best, and i kinda got it...went out for a 2nd lap and did an identical lap to my first one

Race - 2nd, 3rd or 4th???

No idea where ill finish, due to the penalties and stewards enquiries, guess we'll just have to wait for the verdict

Gotta say, i was a little bit scared heading into T1, and own up everyone, i wasnt the only one with a little bit of s**T in my pants going through the first 2 turns, however it was surprisingly clean... @Taylor Reynolds got a run on me heading into Spoon, decided to back off and just hang behind him, cuz i didnt want any lap 1 incidents like i usually have, few laps later got passed by @CRL Rosberg going into Degna 1, backed out of that too, cuz ive seen what happens if you go side-by-side through there, not pretty i must say

decided to pit on lap 6 and perhaps gain an undercut on the top 5, it did work...kinda, i was much closer to them before i made my pitstop, however..going through the Esses i was caught out by @Taylor Reynolds slow pace on his new tyres (which i might add, Taylor, why were you going so slow?...and dont give the bs reason of the tyres were cold, cuz they heat up instantly going into the first turns) hit his rear tyre and spun round, landing it in the gravel, luckily not in the barriers...continued on...the middle stint was a fairly boring one for me, pretty much just tyring to keep a gap to the car infront of @Taylor Reynolds to around 8-9 secs and to @Finch behind me, whom was closing in on fresher prime tyres. let him go on Lap 18

pitted on Lap 18, strapped on the mediums, and the chase began...set the fastest lap of the GP...for a whopping...15 seconds (never forget the moment) started to close in on @CRL Rosberg after he dropped off from the leading pack...already had +6secs for of time penalties...and had a Rapid Racer behind me ;) ( @Rapidz F1 ) closing in on me, but i was also closing in on @CRL Rosberg first it was 6 secs...then 4.5...then 3.1...then 2.7...then on the final lap was down to just 0.6 secs...i thought about an overtake at the chicane, but was about 5 postcodes behind (this was for a podium after all so initially my heart was going like a machine gun on the last lap, tyring to find a way past @CRL Rosberg...then i see a Force India in the gravel at the chicane... @Rapidz F1 got a puncture (thank f**k) and i was sitting their hoping and praying that i got 3rd...turns out i got 4th...by 1.6secs to @Jack

my highest finish so far, at a track that i new i would do well at...as i have done in the past

roll on COTA

hopefully roll on some of that monsoon rain from 2015 too ;) XD

Taylor Reynolds

F1 Race Winner
Apr 14, 2014
Qualy - 3rd

(which i might add, Taylor, why were you going so slow?...and dont give the bs reason of the tyres were cold, cuz they heat up instantly going into the first turns) hit his rear tyre and spun round, landing it in the gravel,
I was changing my fuel mix and I wasn't expecting you to go up my inside

Rapidz F1

AOR XB1 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Feb 28, 2016
Qualy - 3rd

Have done quicker times, but my aim was a low 34s at best, and i kinda got it...went out for a 2nd lap and did an identical lap to my first one

Race - 2nd, 3rd or 4th???

No idea where ill finish, due to the penalties and stewards enquiries, guess we'll just have to wait for the verdict

Gotta say, i was a little bit scared heading into T1, and own up everyone, i wasnt the only one with a little bit of s**T in my pants going through the first 2 turns, however it was surprisingly clean... @Taylor Reynolds got a run on me heading into Spoon, decided to back off and just hang behind him, cuz i didnt want any lap 1 incidents like i usually have, few laps later got passed by @CRL Rosberg going into Degna 1, backed out of that too, cuz ive seen what happens if you go side-by-side through there, not pretty i must say

decided to pit on lap 6 and perhaps gain an undercut on the top 5, it did work...kinda, i was much closer to them before i made my pitstop, however..going through the Esses i was caught out by @Taylor Reynolds slow pace on his new tyres (which i might add, Taylor, why were you going so slow?...and dont give the bs reason of the tyres were cold, cuz they heat up instantly going into the first turns) hit his rear tyre and spun round, landing it in the gravel, luckily not in the barriers...continued on...the middle stint was a fairly boring one for me, pretty much just tyring to keep a gap to the car infront of @Taylor Reynolds to around 8-9 secs and to @Finch behind me, whom was closing in on fresher prime tyres. let him go on Lap 18

pitted on Lap 18, strapped on the mediums, and the chase began...set the fastest lap of the GP...for a whopping...15 seconds (never forget the moment) started to close in on @CRL Rosberg after he dropped off from the leading pack...already had +6secs for of time penalties...and had a Rapid Racer behind me ;) ( @Rapidz F1 ) closing in on me, but i was also closing in on @CRL Rosberg first it was 6 secs...then 4.5...then 3.1...then 2.7...then on the final lap was down to just 0.6 secs...i thought about an overtake at the chicane, but was about 5 postcodes behind (this was for a podium after all so initially my heart was going like a machine gun on the last lap, tyring to find a way past @CRL Rosberg...then i see a Force India in the gravel at the chicane... @Rapidz F1 got a puncture (thank f**k) and i was sitting their hoping and praying that i got 3rd...turns out i got 4th...by 1.6secs to @Jack

my highest finish so far, at a track that i new i would do well at...as i have done in the past

roll on COTA

hopefully roll on some of that monsoon rain from 2015 too ;) XD
Good job mate! Fought till the very end after a bad start but tires got in my way. Congrats and well done! Catch you at COTA

AOR Midg3t

1x iRacing Endurance League Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Good job mate! Fought till the very end after a bad start but tires got in my way. Congrats and well done! Catch you at COTA
welll...not trying to be cocky or anything, but you couldnt catch me at Japan, what makes you think you can catch me at COTA :p

• Funny
Reactions: LuckyDog2000

Finch

3-time AOR Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I'm **** at COTA so I'll probably do a Raikkonen and bin it

LuckyDog2000

F1 Test Driver
Mar 21, 2016
I find it funny that he got top 5s both at Singapore and Japan and said he was really bad at those tracks, watch him win Abu Dhabi something crazy

Finch

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I am bad there though the tracks I'm good at I get in stupid incidents or get unlucky and DSC or something. Brazil is the only track I'm good at which is left so I'll hope for a good result there. And @F1Maestro26 you said you were bad at Singapore and got P3 in quali

Finch

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I find it funny that he got top 5s both at Singapore and Japan and said he was really bad at those tracks, watch him win Abu Dhabi something crazy
No chance at Abu Dhabi I dislike that track immensely

• Agree
Reactions: C0LDH3AD

Finch

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2015
I got top 5 in all the races I completed