Mar 20, 2018
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Thomas_Scibilia

Last edited:

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Please if the full-time drivers confirm that they’re not racing in this thread or wherever update the no-shows so the reserves can have an idea if they’re racing or not. Thanks

Casper24-F1

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 20, 2018
Please if the full-time drivers confirm that they’re not racing in this thread or wherever update the no-shows so the reserves can have an idea if they’re racing or not. Thanks
Will do mate, i'll let you know as well! :)

Reactions: Joglar

Sean FAP Belkom

S16 AOR PS4 F2 Champion
Jul 4, 2018
Ahhh Belgium, best know for their lovely "wafels" and radilion. Very nice flow you can get on this circuit, also the track where timing is perfection but i clearly know that:sneaky::coffee:

Andy81287

Formula 3 Test Driver
AOR Commentator
Oct 2, 2014
Dead memes at the top of the hill.

Awesome track though, look forward to seeing what you lot do come Sunday

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Wet. Kms those conditions were so weird and ever changing. The race me and Casper looked very good at and course it rained. Death. I used a wet setup for quali so I was ok with my lap and I thought I was doing okay in the race considering it was wet but I seemed to have never go at my P9 back. As the S seemed very op, didn’t want to battle anyone and saw ppl like @xTheHEaglex had a penalty so just let him go through.

Quali :p7
Race:p9

Tactician109

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 30, 2018
Belgium Blunder

Qualifying Position: 11th #blessed
Finishing Position: 7th

Having a DNF from the last race and not much confidence in my ability in Belgium, the result I got from this race is quite welcome, considering the embarrassing blunder I made after my one and only pit stop.

Qualifying performances had been improving in the recent races but this time it was back to usual as the lap that counted was a horrible one. I was actually 2nd by the time the first proper laps on dry conditions were done which gave me confidence but when the track had dried out completely, I made several mistakes on my hotlap which left me P11. One thing to consider was that I altered my setup to be faster in wet conditions which might have been a mistake in the end.

The race started in very interesting conditions with no real clarity whether the dries or the inters would be faster. In fact, the whole race was done in the same conditions although it was probably too risky to try out the inters during the race. Nevertheless, I hadn't really considered this possibility so I was in the dark when it came to strategy and braking points, as was everyone else of course.

The start itself was surprisingly clean, which is a commendable feat with a full grid of 20 drivers. Of course there was one unfortunate incident with @Casper24-F1 but considering the difficult circumstances, it was good to see no massive accidents. I had Soft tyres on for the first stint and I was really struggling for temperatures in first few laps and dropped down to P14.

Slowly building a rhythm in the race, I started to gain time on the struggling Supersoft runners. The weird conditions actually did me a favor because the Soft tyre was probably the best overall tyre compound in the race. Slowly but surely I made progress and having a clear track in front of me clearly helped me to overcut many drivers who started on the Supersoft.

By the time I exited the pits, I saw @doordos_1150 exiting turn 1 and in my eagerness to get ahead, I forgot just how slippery the track was on cold tyres and lost the rear which meant I crashed into the inside wall and got front wing damage. It was definitely a silly mistake which should have never happened but I was still P7 with a healthy gap behind me so I knew I could at least give it my best and see where it got me.

Thankfully I had fresher tyres than those behind me so I was able to maintain the gap quite well for a time. Eventually @Vettel_Racer_5 caught up to me and he was much faster in the corners but slowed in the straights which really saved my bacon against him.

However, @leefindlay04 was on a tear in the last few laps and I had no chance against him. In the end, I simply nursed the car home in P7 which is a fair result and some form of damage limitation. Even if I hadn't had front wing damage, P5 was probably the best I could have done anyway so I'm not too disappointed about that.

Italy should be a strong track for me and it's about time I start delivering so hopefully I can turn things around there. See ya there

Last edited:
Reactions: Casper24-F1

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Belgium Blunder

Qualifying Position: 11th
Finishing Position: 7th

Having a DNF from the last race and not much confidence in my ability in Belgium, the result I got from this race is quite welcome, considering the embarrassing blunder I made after my one and only pit stop.

Qualifying performances had been improving in the recent races but this time it was back to usual as the lap that counted was a horrible one. I was actually 2nd by the time the first proper laps on dry conditions were done which gave me confidence but when the track had dried out completely, I made several mistakes on my hotlap which left me P11. One thing to consider was that I altered my setup to be faster in wet conditions which might have been a mistake in the end.

The race started in very interesting conditions with no real clarity whether the dries or the inters would be faster. In fact, the whole race was done in the same conditions although it was probably too risky to try out the inters during the race. Nevertheless, I hadn't really considered this possibility so I was in the dark when it came to strategy and braking points, as was everyone else of course.

The start itself was surprisingly clean, which is a commendable feat with a full grid of 20 drivers. Of course there was one unfortunate incident with @Casper24-F1 but considering the difficult circumstances, it was good to see no massive accidents. I had Soft tyres on for the first stint and I was really struggling for temperatures in first few laps and dropped down to P14.

Slowly building a rhythm in the race, I started to gain time on the struggling Supersoft runners. The weird conditions actually did me a favor because the Soft tyre was probably the best overall tyre compound in the race. Slowly but surely I made progress and having a clear track in front of me clearly helped me to overcut many drivers who started on the Supersoft.

By the time I exited the pits, I saw @doordos_1150 exiting turn 1 and in my eagerness to get ahead, I forgot just how slippery the track was on cold tyres and lost the rear which meant I crashed into the inside wall and got front wing damage. It was definitely a silly mistake which should have never happened but I was still P7 with a healthy gap behind me so I knew I could at least give it my best and see where it got me.

Thankfully I had fresher tyres than those behind me so I was able to maintain the gap quite well for a time. Eventually @Vettel_Racer_5 caught up to me and he was much faster in the corners but slowed in the straights which really saved my bacon against him.

However, @leefindlay04 was on a tear in the last few laps and I had no chance against him. In the end, I simply nursed the car home in P7 which is a fair result and some form of damage limitation. Even if I hadn't had front wing damage, P5 was probably the best I could have done anyway so I'm not too disappointed about that.

Italy should be a strong track for me and it's about time I start delivering so hopefully I can turn things around there. See ya there
Your qualifying positon is #blessed

Reactions: Tactician109