PS4 - ROUND 13 - Belgian Grand Prix [20/1/19 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 13 - Belgian Grand Prix [20/1/19 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Round 13 - Belgian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 20th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 22

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

manolomakinas

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 12, 2018
I still have not got the steering wheel, it is very possible that I arrive the following week, sorry for not being able to these races ):

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
Safe to say I struggled around here. Hell, I couldn't even match my TT time back from signups! In the end I only set a 1:42.901, placing me in P16. I just avoided last place after @FTR_Drez crashed out I think? I also just missed out on P15 after @F1_Dan set the exact same time as me, but on the Soft tyre, which I assume is why he was placed above me. I didn't actually realise that was a thing, only whoever set it first gets the position but I guess the tyre matters? Either way, I was at the back.

Race
First of all, luckily I changed my mind right at the end of the countdown, deciding to start on the Medium tyre instead of the Soft tyre. Secondly, wow! What a start! Just after T1 I was already up from P16 to P13! Then at Les Combes, my teammate got damage I think which held us up a little, I even almost ran into the back of him at Pouhon haha. Then near Blanchimont there was an incident, and then another down at the Bus Stop chicane! So by the end of the first lap, I went from P16 to P8!

Then Lap 3, @DemoN looked to have just had an incident at Eau Rouge. I wasn't sure if he had damage or not so I half-heartedly went for a pass before backing out of it and making the pass a few corners later to put myself into P7. He then held up those who were behind me which gave me some breathing space but reality soon kicked in.
Lap 7 and the overtakes arrived. I was up into P2 at this point as those starting on the Supersofts had now pitted. I tried fighting each one but to no avail. I was just too far off the pace to stay ahead. Lap 14 and I was down to P10 with my teammate behind, so I was hopeful that I could at least get another point.

Then luckily for me, the rain arrived! I wish I had pitted on the lap previously though as I did consider it but ah well. Annoyingly when coming into the pits, a car exited and ghosted through me, yet while I was in the pit box, I had to wait for others to pass! Eventually I got out and was now in P8. I now had the pace to match others as well! Even gaining on those ahead a bit too. Nothing much happened until the last lap where @TheogGR1 lost it out of Pouhon and I think hit the wall? No idea if he had damage though, but it let @FTR_SergiMtZ and I close in on him. Sergi passed at Stavelot while I made the one chance I had left down at the Bus Stop chicane. There was a bit of contact but I just made it through, before a final drag race to the line with Sergi which I lost out on but it wouldn't have mattered as he didn't have a penalty. So in the end I finished in P7!

So this race ended up being a much better one than it should have been! Going from P16 to P7, great result for me. Also a shoutout to @F1_Dan going from P15 to P3 and @MikeTinus going from P13 to P5. Nice job. =)
Hopefully I'll be more on the pace for the next race! If not, here's hoping for more rain! Haha.