Jan 14, 2014
Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Voller - ongoing health issues
@SexySpudflaps - works Xmas party. Really?

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm afraid I'll have to miss this one as well, I'm gonna be at a late christmas party with my work
This really does qualify as cheap rather than late. "Have we really got to put on a staff party? **** it, do it in January when all the bars and restaurants have got desperate offers on." Happens a lot up here, well it would if I worked for someone.

I bought myself a Twix Duo. Happy Holidays to me.

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
This really does qualify as cheap rather than late. "Have we really got to put on a staff party? **** it, do it in January when all the bars and restaurants have got desperate offers on." Happens a lot up here, well it would if I worked for someone.

Happens every year, nothing like trying to celebrate Christmas a month after it happened

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
I work at my local karting track and we are going to have a Christmas party somewhere in February. I was wondering which Christmas we are celebrating - 2017 or 2018 :lol:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Mine is April 21st no shitting you.

Thats after easter. Jesus is already dead again.
Annual staff party, what's in a name? It's so they can burn money to file a smaller profit. Spotted that one.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yes but this is first in 3years

No profits to offset the previous two I suppose

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

Having been a manager for many years in retail I can safely say that managers get fed up of staff getting so drunk that they have an accident and can be off for weeks or phone in sick after the night out and who could forget the good old fight between different employees! I haven’t yet actually done an Xmas party after Christmas but I have thought about it pretty much every year because of the issues that Christmas party’s always cause.

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
How much bad luck can one have...?

I mean I try to take it with a sense of humor, but seriously, I am so mad right now. I was so looking forward to this one, hoping to make up for last week and then this.

Last edited:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Good win @Kiinako , and 2nd to @Rienk

Happy with 3rd I suppose, better than the barrier today.

Q4 i think. Used my standard TT setup although the unfortunate @acerees gave me his quicker setup, but I felt best stay with the known with the tricky conditions.

Roll on Singapore.

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Qualy (P2)
First few laps were pretty ****, with me having some off moments. Right at the end of qualifying I put in a lap which felt 'alright', but was suddenly fastest lap of the session, only to be beaten by @Poetic D in the last minute. That felt pretty good.

Race (P2, Inters -> Soft)
In the first lap, I managed to keep myself on track well. At the 1st lesmo, @Poetic D had an off moment and I passed him into the 2nd lesmo. I was going strong for a good number of laps, creating a gap between myself and the rest of the field. After my inters got to 50% though, I started to get a lot of trouble keeping the car on the road. I was mainly going deep in the 1st and 2nd chicane, with one or two off moments in Ascari (which is like, half of the turns on the track now that I think about it). This allowed @Kiinako and @Neil Bywater to catch up to me. Then after going deep again in the first chicane, I pretty much gave @Kiinako 1st place on a silver platter. He was gonna catch up to me anyways, but it would've been nice to actually be able to race him this time ;-;. At the end I pitted with one tire being nearly, maybe over, 80% worn.

After pitting for softs, I needed a while to regain my confidence. I'm never very good in the rain, and I didn't want to lose 2nd place. The first 5-6 laps after I got to pushing again, I seemed to be slightly catching up to @Kiinako, but not fast enough. Then after a few more laps, I decided to settle and not force any unnecessary mistakes. At this point I had a 3 second penalty, and already another warning looming over my head, which would become 2 warnings soon after. My objective at this point was to stay at least 6 seconds ahead of @Neil Bywater at all times. I pulled away at first, but he started catching up in the last 3 or so laps. Luckily, with me being kinda careful, the 2nd penalty never came around, so I finished in a comfortable 2nd place.

Grats to @Kiinako for another dominating win. Pleasure to share the podium with you once more :).

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quali: 18th & last

Too cautious. I know how much a wreck here just wrecks your race. No wet practice, just in part of a social race that actually went OK.

Race: 12th I/S (12)

See above. Didn't lose out too badly but only really made places in the wet via attrition. @LolFish42 tried to get past for a few laps, I picked up a silly penalty via messing up Ascari three times.

When it dried I chased down @winchy33 who'd made the wrong tyre choice (M). Made the pass on track but couldn't really make a big enough gap once I'd caught him, was a bit light on fuel and missed closing out 11th by a second. Needing points now, I am hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.