PC - Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix [21/01/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix [21/01/18 8:00pm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Congrats to @Kiinako on another great win

Got this all wrong with the setup, was very fast through the corners but lost straight line speed, with Italy being the worst place for this.

Got up to 9th through spinning cars, then stopped lap 11. As @Jay said, I put on the Medium tyres, as with 15 laps left I didn't think the softs would hold out. Having not been able to practice strategies too much this week I wasn't too sure, so was extra cautious. @Jay caught me, but I managed to keep the gap under 3 seconds and finish 11th. Otherwise a pretty lonely race :D

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
Quali: 6th

I knew I could do better, but quite happy for the 6th place without any kind of practice on wet and on a track that is one of the worse of the season for me. I've never felt so good on that track.

Race: 9th I/S

Quite a good start but in the first lap I had some troubles finding the right feeling, so I lost like 2 positions. Then I started to sign some good times and after the pit stop I was 5th. I had really a good feeling on the soft tires then on the first chicane a huuuge mistake: Instead of the 2nd gear at the end of the breaking zone I was in 1st, so my rear tires lost traction and I did a 360. Had to wait 2 cars to pass before enjoying the track again. At this point I lost most of my concentration and another car passed me. I finished 8th, with the penalty 9th. At the and i'm very sad for that stupid mistake but still happy because I'm trying to get to points on every race, that's my first objective in this second part of the season, in order to improve my experience in race because I know I have the right pace to do very well there.

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
Qual: 11th
It wouldn't be a Kiinako race weekend without him fucking up somewhere. Got one really mediocre lap in, then got boned by the "realistic" pit meme, and on the one last lap I extended the track. gg

Race: 1st Inters/Softs

My setup was the biggest meme of pretty much the entire season. I haphazardly upped the downforce, closed up the diff and put the balast to 8, and went in. What wasn't a meme was the drive. I am really happy with how it turned out. Had a great start, could keep up as well, then like three dudes all went wide into T1, which let me get to P4. After that the rain started to go away to let me use my probably still-too-low-for-rain downforce and caught up to all the people up until where @Rienk went wide into T1 and basically let me take P1, which I held all the way to the checkered flag. On an even better note, I got the fastest lap on the very last one.

Singapore next. It's a street circuit, and knowing my track record with them. Y'all gotta train hard! :^)

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Quali : 5th
the car was great in wet condition. I improved my 2nd lap by less than a tenth. I wanted to go for a last lap but unfortunately i was just behind @TheEpicSnowWolf.
Even if i passed him i would lose so much time and destroy his lap too so i decided to give up. I prayed to stay in pole but obvisously i didn't as the track was drying up.

Race 6th
Not bad in comparison of my recent results. the start was really tense @ulukbek braked really early, red arrows everywhere in T1 and i think almost 3 way. I feel myself really lucky i survived this losing only one position.
Lap 2 was a joke i went straight before T1 (i was watching the guys fighting in front :lol:), i went wide in T4 and didn't brake in T6 so i finished in the gravels lol. I rejoined the track P14. Normal drive until pit stop where i still don't know why i missed the restart and lost one position.
It was a fun race and great drive from @Sjoelbakkie who was my main opponent during the whole race.

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017
Quali : 5th
the car was great in wet condition. I improved my 2nd lap by less than a tenth. I wanted to go for a last lap but unfortunately i was just behind @TheEpicSnowWolf.
Even if i passed him i would lose so much time and destroy his lap too so i decided to give up. I prayed to stay in pole but obvisously i didn't as the track was drying up.

Race 6th
Not bad in comparison of my recent results. the start was really tense @ulukbek braked really early, red arrows everywhere in T1 and i think almost 3 way. I feel myself really lucky i survived this losing only one position.
Lap 2 was a joke i went straight before T1 (i was watching the guys fighting in front :lol:), i went wide in T4 and didn't brake in T6 so i finished in the gravels lol. I rejoined the track P14. Normal drive until pit stop where i still don't know why i missed the restart and lost one position.
It was a fun race and great drive from @Sjoelbakkie who was my main opponent during the whole race.

For the restart during pit stop, I think you had to wait for a car, which happened to me too.

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017
Qualifying: 9th

Had a mildly disappointing qualifying. Started off a bit cautious which gave me some slow starting times around 10th place, then after getting a good feel I went for it and was more than 1s up on my time before going wide on track and getting my lap DQed. Wasn't happy about that, couldve made a top3 qualy spot but it was good enough

Race: 7th

Wasn't a fortunate race for me unlike @Kiinako 's race. Had a great run off the start with lots of traction, but @Clint58 in front of me had a big moment with the throttle full open and almost spun out, so I had to lift off the throttle to be safe and not crash at the start again like in Spa. This made me drop down to 11th place before the first turn. After this I was stuck on the wrong side of traffic being behind a big slow train of cars which meant i had to brake very early for every turn and lose alot of time to the front runners.

Also had to take evasive actions 2 times in the first few laps, 1 of those giving me an instant 3 second time penalty. After the dust settled a bit I was around 7th place for the whole race battling with @yoan97222 which was alot of fun. After the rain stopped I wanted to put on the softs but the engineer advised me to put on mediums. Had the pace on mediums to keep up with Yoan on softs but in the end I couldn't make up any more places. Top tip of the day: Never listen to your engineer.

All in all not the luckiest race of my life.

yoan97222

Sep 22, 2016
Yes saw that, and I am sorry that I held you up there. Was going for two fast laps in a row and improved massively on both of them so I didn't let you pass in the end although I was thinking about it. :/
You did right mate. I was behind I should have left more space but i didn't expect to catch you.

• Friendly
Reactions: TheEpicSnowWolf

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Reactions: Sjoelbakkie

yoan97222

Sep 22, 2016
Stewards Enquiry Update:

@michal_miletin was penalised for an unsafe rejoin and will receive qualifying bans for Singapore and Malaysia (due to accumulating 25pp)
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/unsafe-rejoining-the-track.29349

@LolFish42 and @ulukbek were penalised for a collision and will also receive qualifying bans for Singapore.
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/incidents-monza-f7-21-1-2018.29260

how do i handle this with the invite order ?
invite them normally and they stay in the garage during the qualifying session ?

Status
Not open for further replies.