Jan 30, 2015
Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Driver questions:

1. We had a mixed conditions affair at Spa, how do you felt you coped with the strategy choices this created as the weather evolved and did you find it easy to adapt?

2. Monza is another high speed circuit following the high speeds of Spa as well, do you enjoy these hugely fast circuits, or are more technical layouts your speciality?

As always:
Pole:
1:
2:
3:

To @Ollie_D631 : Yet again you took a commanding victory in wet weather, your 2nd of the season. With other typically wet races coming up in the next few rounds, what are your aims in the upcoming rounds?

To @Simo911 : You suffered last lap heartbreak at Spa with the intermediate tyres puncturing and costing you positions, but despite this and missing the first 3 rounds, you're in the title hunt. Is the title something you're thinking about or do you go race by race?

Confirmed no-shows:
@Jthorn97
@Bcolt93
@CianG-4
@JIM-NervoTank

Last edited by a moderator:

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
1. I crashed so no. Pitting was out of the question after I braked late into the chicane and if I wanted to stop, I’d have hit Ali and Carrex

2. Fast circuits are *usually* better but my best results have come on street tracks. It’s a lottery in this league.

As always:
Pole: Aressi
1: Simo
2: Aresssi
3. Syntetic

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
1. We had a mixed conditions affair at Spa, how do you felt you coped with the strategy choices this created as the weather evolved and did you find it easy to adapt?

well i am **** in the wet and i had a few iffy strategy choices like giving up on a lap that could have gotten me in the first row to start on the SS, but overall i think i did good enough

2. Monza is another high speed circuit following the high speeds of Spa as well, do you enjoy these hugely fast circuits, or are more technical layouts your speciality?

I think i have more natural pace on pfaster cicuits, but on this game i did very descent on technical tracks. Monza is one of my favourite tracks and i hope that i can get a good result here

As always:
Pole: @Aressi191
1: @XxCarrexX06
2: @Simo911
3: @Aressi191

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
I coped well. The most difficult part was managing the tyres because they were on the verge of punctures towards the end.

I prefer more technical layouts. Spa is a mixture of high speed and fast flowing corners and i like that. Monza is more who can bunny hop the kerbs in the best way :lol:

As always:
1: @Simo911
2: @XxCarrexX06
3: @Ali Kidd

To @Ollie_D631 : Yet again you took a commanding victory in wet weather, your 2nd of the season. With other typically wet races coming up in the next few rounds, what are your aims in the upcoming rounds? The aims for the upcoming rounds are to try and get consistent top 5 finishes. Hopefully this will allow me to be in the championship fight.

F4H_Green

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
I was #blessed by the rain. Strategy call and getting out fast launched me up the field a bit from an already decent starting position, then my pace and consistency was absolutely quality. The strategy call to switch to another set of inters proved a good one as 2 drivers on the same strat got punctures.

Monza and Spa are two of my favourites, along with Austria and Suzuka. I think high speed is definitely my thing, these cars feel so sluggish at low speed.

As always:
1: @SynTeTiC96
2: @Ali Kidd
3: @Simo911

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016

Not bad and everything was good until started to struggle with tyres. Towards end I was very slow compared to Simo, Ollie and Syntetic.

I prefer more technical tracks. Also like Spa but Monza been usually my worst tracks.

As always:
Pole: @Simo911
1: Simo
2: @SynTeTiC96
3: @Ali Kidd

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
absent, have too much homework to do after having the flu for the last half week

wooly51

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 26, 2014
What do you get if you take someone who can't drive this track fast for ****, throw in a ''this and next lap invalidated'' in Qualifying, add a dollop of terrible feeling car, a smidgen of endless divebombings, garnished with another front wing change?

No points.

I am so close to joining the other people who have left. It's not even enjoyable anymore.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
What do you get if you take someone who can't drive this track fast for ****, throw in a ''this and next lap invalidated'' in Qualifying, add a dollop of terrible feeling car, a smidgen of endless divebombings, garnished with another front wing change?

No points.

I am so close to joining the other people who have left. It's not even enjoyable anymore.
IMG_2628.GIF

Rc-Alonso44

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 10, 2017
For this race I want to thank aressi and simo for having ruined me, it's anything! and sincere excuse to clarky in the straight line, I saw you at the last moment :(