Jan 14, 2014
Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Tigerkart_22
@Smmileday
@TheTubbyNinja
@ii_Deccaaaaa_ii

Last edited:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
This track is garbage. Always has been, always will be.

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Cannot make the race again this Sunday. Working. :(

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Looks like it'll be another no practice week again, too busy playing Project Cars 2 that I got for my Birthday today haha.

PS: So for my present from you all, I expect to be given at least a free podium, okay? Okay. ;P

MattDavies2511

PS4 S14 F4 and PCars S9 GT3 Semi-Pro Champion
Jan 15, 2017
Looks like it'll be another no practice week again, too busy playing Project Cars 2 that I got for my Birthday today haha.

PS: So for my present from you all, I expect to be given at least a free podium, okay? Okay. ;P
I'll give you a free 0.001 seconds per lap ;)

Senaattori

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2017

congrats mate!

Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Thanks to the Head Steward's joke decision to hand me a Qualy ban, Italy will probs be a non-event for me.

Shame since I've actually nailed the set-up for once. See what happens I guess.

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
Thanks to the Head Steward's joke decision to hand me a Qualy ban, Italy will probs be a non-event for me.

Shame since I've actually nailed the set-up for once. See what happens I guess.
Wait what? I have never heard of a driver disagreeing with the stewards decisions. That's a new one... ;);) ;)

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
time Q and Race?

ii_Deccaaaaa_ii

S13 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Jun 30, 2016
Doubt I’ll be able to race tomorrow. If I can I’ll say closer to the time

KaneIyanda

Reigning PS4 F4 Bottlejob
Premium Member
May 7, 2017
Hopefully I don’t get blown up into T1 for the 3rd race in a race lmao

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Another write-off weekend - this I "should" have won.

Qualifying: Banned

No explanation necessary - nice sabotage :p

Race: DSQ

Only have myself to blame in the end.

Knew I had the fastest car for once, and had practiced online racing which delivered promising results. In short, felt I had the pace to win this time.

Got a good start and started passing a few cars in the first three laps, peeps like @Prehn , @kovisjimi (I think, knew it was a Red Bull at least) and co, then found myself on the coattails of @advanceapple who had another two or three cars ahead of him who were struggling a little to begin with, and I was easily faster than all of them so figured I'd bide my time and look for opportunities to pass then they presented themselves.

Didn't bank on being caught out by one of the cars kerb hopping ahead of Apple, and my lost concentration sent me onto the inside kerb of the second chicane and that in turn threw my car into the barriers and wrecked my front wing - and with it my chances of bagging a decent result.

Decided to have some fun and just kept going, hoping enough cars who fall out of contention so I might score a point or two. Stayed ahead of @JohnnyR95 though accrued a number of penalties in my track extending escapades - eventually disqualified.

Pretty pissed off - without the Qualy ban this race might have turned out very differently.

Roadhouse

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2017
@MattDavies2511 - great race! Really enjoyed that battle - nose to tail for 27 laps - great stuff (y)

advanceapple

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 11, 2017
as already said in private Don abandon the championship, because I do not enjoy the game anymore sucks, then I greet you for the last time. it was a pleasure to have been part of this community was a championship neither beautiful nor bad always cause shitty game.
from now some of you can also celebrate my abandonment: D
Having said this good season everyone may sooner or later see each other again somewhere: D ciaoooooooo

MattDavies2511

Jan 15, 2017
Race Stream:
Quali: 2nd
First run was decent enough, was holding P2 just slightly behind @Roadhouse on my last run I was able to improve by almost two tenths, I knew I had more time in me I had been setting constant 1:20.2 in practice. However I caught upto @CombiKoermi as he was starting his lap. I just hit the dirty air and then made an error into the 2nd chicane. Was unfortunate but that happens sometimes. Held onto P2

Race: 2nd
Literally from the moment the lights went out @Roadhouse and I were fighting. It was a brilliant race, every lap was a sprint. First stint I was able to catch onto the back but was unable to pass. I tried the undercut on lap 9 which almost worked, but with a scruffy outlap I was unable to pull it off. Once we caught upto @DON SILVA who was yet to pit, I was able then put more pressure on @Roadhouse and eventually was able to take the lead. I tried to pull out a gap but we were so similar on pace it was almost impossible. Towards the end of the race more mistakes started to creep in and at the 2nd chicane I bunny hopped the kerbs very nicely. Although this resulted in us going side by side through the lesmos, me almost spinning and then losing the lead :D I tried to get the lead back but on lap 26 and 27 I had several moments as my tyres were pretty much done. I backed off and took the 2nd place, didn't fancy binning it on the last lap and looking like a right pleb. :rofl:

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
4 disqualifications in total for Mercedes this season. Tut.