Jan 14, 2014
Round 13 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 15

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 22nd July 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Circuit
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@S40TYD
@Tigaby
@AOR_all3ren
@Tincan394
@pepper_F1
@Thomasbrxwn

Last edited:

Vintage_DG

S15 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Mar 29, 2018
Q: P1
R: P1

WORLD CHAMPION!
Probably one of the best races I had.
Very good qualifying, almost a second faster than P2 and very consistent lap times in the wet and dry conditions in the race.
Enjoyed racing with you guys, next up Austin where I can really relax now I guess.

ColonelGaddafi

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 4, 2017
Return to AOR and return to points - but......

Qualifying: Banned

With the aftermath of the Austrian decision going against me (wrongly I felt on the former call at Turn 2) I skipped the last race still smarting from it - but had time to cool down and tried instead to figure out set-ups for the Japan race to best combat the obvious advantage of the wheel users. Nearly forgot to serve the ban but remembered so no harm done.

Race: 7th

Never getting away from my highest finish of seventh am I?

This was a strange race! Wet track I figured not a prayer for me, but with also everyone losing their **** around me I found myself running in P4 and only a couple of seconds away from challenging for my 1st ever AOR podium finish and had decent pace as well - however, Codemasters' ability to **** over people's online races stuck me for the millionth time this season.....

Re-set to track - THREE TIMES!!!!! Cost? 15 seconds.

Turns out @nardcox had the same issue at one stage, my episodes costing me 4th to @XxHAMMERTIME95Xx and then cutting me adrift from contention. Add to that, my corner cutting deviances returned and ended up finishing 7th again. Very good return to the points though considering the weather tho.

Last two races of S15 I'm going to go flat out to try and nab myself a first victory in AOR - tall order but going to try.

tough_2_handle

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 5, 2018
Qaulifying - P5: Worst quali for me. Did a second run after a strangely weak first run, was up by half a second then lost all of it in the last chicance

Race - P5: Had an average start saw me loose couple of positions going into turn 1 going wide and rejoining. Couple of accidents infront of me and I was up back to P6 and was on the hunt back to podium when 2 cars not sure who did a road block right after turn 2. Had no where to go and lost half my wing in just 3 laps. Had to pit for a wing change and went hunting again from P9. Managed an average pace on inters to reach as far as 7th before going to Supersofts at lap 15 (1 lap later than anyone).

Pace was great and I was catching @vectro666 and @ColonelGaddafi like 1-2 seconds a lap and managed to get back my P5.

A podium was possible but I'll take it anyways.

GG for @Vintage_DG and Team Sauber for clinching both championships. Second place needs a miracle for me now with Tincan 30 points ahead and 2 races to go. Third place seems a more logical finish. let's see how it goes

AORHAMILTON

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2017
Qualifying P11- Bottled qualifying for the 10th time this season was on for a 1;28 but had to pit because didn't have time to do another lao on my first run and the track was getting quicker at the end and on my 2nd run i lost 3 tenths in first corner and invalidated it in the Degner so it was over need to improve Qualifying and fix it for next season.

Race P4- Had an average start and was so slippery at the start in intermediates and was struggling to keep it on the track for a few laps as i spun on the first lap in turn 4 as other drivers were struggling as well then as i got heat into the tyres it was fine had decent pace and enjoyed my battle throughout the race with @nardcox really enjoyed it and that was my first battle this season surprisingly and as soon as it went to drys was batting @nardcox until around lap 24 as i had to stay in standard and not run out of fuel which cost me a bit of time on the straights happy i finished and probably should of had a podium.

I have really enjoyed racing with all you guys as this was my last race as i am away but i will be back for season 16 and hopefully in the same tiers as you guys good luck for the last 2 races. :)

GG to @Vintage_DG for the title, a deserved one and consistent you were and @tough_2_handle on the constructors a very quick driver as well.

DON SILVA

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 10th. Absolutely bottled quali. A second off my PB. **** poor laps.

R: 10th. Not the best start. I went in a little deep at T1 and got sandwiched between @TheTubbyNinja and @AOR Davidben. A few people spun at T2. I almost followed suit. It was so slippery. Managed to regain my composure and followed David Ben. After the hairpin on the straight leading to Spoon, David Ben lost the rear, hit the barrier and came careering across the track and smashed into me. This caused my car to flip and I lost my entire front wing. Race over. The rest of the race was just me on my own. O eventually got lapped. Another race ruined by somebody else.

Reactions: AORHAMILTON

AORHAMILTON

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2017
Q: 10th. Absolutely bottled quali. A second off my PB. **** poor laps.

R: 10th. Not the best start. I went in a little deep at T1 and got sandwiched between @TheTubbyNinja and @AOR Davidben. A few people spun at T2. I almost followed suit. It was so slippery. Managed to regain my composure and followed David Ben. After the hairpin on the straight leading to Spoon, David Ben lost the rear, hit the barrier and came careering across the track and smashed into me. This caused my car to flip and I lost my entire front wing. Race over. The rest of the race was just me on my own. O eventually got lapped. Another race ruined by somebody else.

you always seem to get taken out and have some sort of incident each race lol.