PS4 - Round 13 United States Grand Prix [28/07/2016 20:00] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Round 13 United States Grand Prix [28/07/2016 20:00]

Driver of the day?

• TyranoTigger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nico

• Jthorn97

• Andrei Codreanu

• Total voters

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
My exam was rescheduled to a time in the morning , so i can run at least some laps in practice before the race starts and try to score some points to defend my championchip position

so yeah, i am racing

HRacingGreen

S12 AOR PS4 GP2 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2015
Probably gonna miss this one guys, I'm up in Stratford on Avon til 6 and its a 3 hour train ride home. Unless I can somehow find a way to escape earlier I'll be absent. Hate this track and have done no practice anyway so I'm not too worried.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Looks like we have plenty of time to tweet out the link this week and get some good viewership, so lets put on a good show guys.

Jajoots

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 12, 2016
First of all, i would like to apologize for the way my absence report went for last race. I was in Spain and the internet was so bad that i couldnt even get to the site. Second, my football club is playing in the play offs for the europa league for the first time tomorrow so i really want to be there. The match starts at 17 45 english time, so I dont think i'll make this one either. If i will, i will notify you here.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
First of all, i would like to apologize for the way my absence report went for last race. I was in Spain and the internet was so bad that i couldnt even get to the site. Second, my football club is playing in the play offs for the europa league for the first time tomorrow so i really want to be there. The match starts at 17 45 english time, so I dont think i'll make this one either. If i will, i will notify you here.
AZ Alkmaar or Heracles? Enjoy the game mate :)

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
When he says this^ and then you get invited to a 60 min practice lobby :rolleyes:

I probably did more laps tonight then I've ever done on this track before. The one second gap from Tom remains as normal.
I had to leave because I had the tyre changing glitch from my offline session :(

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
So what are the expected qualifying times? Any clues on a decent setup? Tried to find yesterday something, but nothing really worked good on this track (trying the obvious setups used in the past) so my best time was only at around 37.8 :(

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
So what are the expected qualifying times? Any clues on a decent setup? Tried to find yesterday something, but nothing really worked good on this track (trying the obvious setups used in the past) so my best time was only at around 37.8 :(
I just tried my normal setup with 3-1 wings and it seemed okay. Traction is poor in some corners but that is because of the track elevation changes and not the car. My best was a 36.6 I think but we didn't do an actual quali session. This circuit is quite tricky, I'm finding it really easy to drop a lot of time with only a small mistake. I also need to work on my driving because I was picking up a lot of corner cut warnings in sector 1.

Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

Andrei Codreanu

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 12, 2014
I just tried my normal setup with 3-1 wings and it seemed okay. Traction is poor in some corners but that is because of the track elevation changes and not the car. My best was a 36.6 I think but we didn't do an actual quali session. This circuit is quite tricky, I'm finding it really easy to drop a lot of time with only a small mistake. I also need to work on my driving because I was picking up a lot of corner cut warnings in sector 1.
With 85% 80% or 85% 95%? And also 11-1-11-11 right? Anyway over a second off pace, so I will have to pull of a 'jthorn' to have any chance on getting top 5.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
@FisiFan91 can you send out a couple tweets for us today, one a little ahead of the race and one at race time? We have the link already so we would like to get the message out earlier today.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Managed a 36:9 in time trail. I'm hoping to get down to a 37 at least tonight

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Welp, I was hoping a 38.1 would be alright pace. Seems like some more practice needs to be done.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
37,4 for me in practice but i honestly hate this track. One lap feels good and the next is horrific, no consistency around here, maybe because i barely practiced, still compared to suzuka a horrible circuit.

I just hope to keep myself out of trouble and score double figure points to secure a Top 3 position in the championchip

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Fml tyre wear is bad. Will probably need to 3-stop, and that's a big shame as I feel like I was fast enough to compete for the podium (somehow! As many said, it's also one of my least favourite tracks. Why couldn't we race at Russia?)
Can set low 37's, and I think I could get into the high 36's too. As long as I don't get penalised for exceeding track limits, it should be fine I guess. Very easy to make a mistake in turn 5, which if you correct gives a penalty for turn 6, if not you cut turn 5 and get a penalty, plus it ruins the rest of those esses. :(

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I'm in hell and my phone is about to die, so good luck tonight and make sure to tweet the stream out

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Stream seems to be on standby atm? Will tweet when something happens