• Birkoff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Race Report time

Qualifying: 5th (1:10.220) - Nothing spectacular, it was my banker lap so there was a few mistakes in there in the middle sector where I dropped about 3/4 tenths which would've put me second on the grid. Just wasn't able to set a lap afterwards though, the closest I came was being about 2 tenths up coming out of the final corner and dropping it when I put the power down too hard

Race: 2nd
Probably one of the easier races I've had all season to be perfectly honest. Got a much better start than @Jthorn97 and was able to take the racing line through T1-3 and sat behind @alexukr going into T4. Came under a bit of pressure in the 2nd sector from Thorn but he was taken out I think at the end of S2 which made my life easy. At that point it was just @Jajoots behind on primes and the 3 ahead. On L5 Alex and @Andrei Codreanu had their crash which bumped me up into P2 and from then on I was focused on not making mistakes as I was confident 2nd was locked up as I had been saving fuel and pulling away from Jajoots. Things got a little uncomfortable for the first stop as I pit on the same lap as @TyranoTigger and then was held as Jajoots went by which lost me close to 5 seconds. Had a good prime stint but Jajoots and @Desimpele had both undercut me and so I had some work to do. Tangled with Des on L20 as he got caught on the kerb on my screen and sent me into the grass, but thankfully I survived and was able to carry on. As it turned out both McLarens were on different strategies so I was on my own the rest of the way and took it easy making sure not to make a stupid mistake or pick up a penalty.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
My highlights. Included the whole last stint when it was a pure fight on the same tyres between me and @Nico

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
My highlights, it was a nice change to be the guy that avoided all the carnage rather than being incinerated

Reactions: Jthorn97

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
he is the tire wear king in this league believe it or not
lol i can see from this aggressive style. I'm learning how to become more aggressive whilst conserving the tires it's an important part of endurance racing that many drivers don't really know how to manage.
[DOUBLEPOST=1470363696][/DOUBLEPOST]
My highlights, it was a nice change to be the guy that avoided all the carnage rather than being incinerated
Your style is similar to @TyranoTigger but bit off pace to him. I like your style as well. a good mix will be key on F1 2016

Reactions: Bcolt93

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
lol i can see from this aggressive style. I'm learning how to become more aggressive whilst conserving the tires it's an important part of endurance racing that many drivers don't really know how to manage.
[DOUBLEPOST=1470363696][/DOUBLEPOST]Your style is similar to @TyranoTigger but bit off pace to him. I like your style as well. a good mix will be key on F1 2016
thanks man, i'm hoping to get a bit quicker with 2016 but it will be tough without ffb with the new kerb physics. Tom makes it look so easy and is just so damn fast, its pretty easy to see how he has dominated this league.

As for tyre wear I'm hoping a lot of people that say its scripted on 2015 wake up on 2016 as it sounds like the handling model isn't too different. There is so much right now you can do to reduce tyre wear on this game (especially on a wheel) that you can have guys like Jthorn that are able to cut out a pitstop easily each race. Even in qualifying you can save yourself about 3-5% wear by just coasting round on the out/in laps. It will be interesting to see how the leagues shape up next season when strategy will be so important, will definitely throw up some great racing if you have 20 guys with people running a bunch of different strategies

• Agree
Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
2016 tyre wear felt similar to 2015 on the beta. Lock-ups, breaking traction and excessive steering angle will still ruin your tyres to a similar degree. The difference is that all tyres are usable now. Its not just go with the softest compound at every stage. The laptime difference is much reduced and the mediums go way longer than the super softs for example.

I also wish it was possible to reduce tyre wear via the setup but that also looks the same as 2015. I think if there was a setting that reduced tyre wear and outright pace it would bring about some interesting setups. On 2015 you could build a setup completely based around tyre saving but it makes such a small difference to tyre life that it's just not worth bothering with. Being able to find the compromise between speed and stint length is what the real life teams struggle with every week so it would be nice to also have that option.

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
thanks man, i'm hoping to get a bit quicker with 2016 but it will be tough without ffb with the new kerb physics. Tom makes it look so easy and is just so damn fast, its pretty easy to see how he has dominated this league.

As for tyre wear I'm hoping a lot of people that say its scripted on 2015 wake up on 2016 as it sounds like the handling model isn't too different. There is so much right now you can do to reduce tyre wear on this game (especially on a wheel) that you can have guys like Jthorn that are able to cut out a pitstop easily each race. Even in qualifying you can save yourself about 3-5% wear by just coasting round on the out/in laps. It will be interesting to see how the leagues shape up next season when strategy will be so important, will definitely throw up some great racing if you have 20 guys with people running a bunch of different strategies
I agree with you there a 110%. A man that race without a strategy is a man that doesn't understand the ART of racing and you my friend is splendid in this area. I can tell by what you post that your a thinker. My goal as well in F1 2016 is to become a master of tire saving and fuel saving as well, but i believe tire saving will be more crucial as F1 from the codemasters series isn't a huge SIM just yet. I consistently follow this league and watch and learn and people thinking it will be huge difference may end up hating it lol. I didn't get the chance to beta test but i'm excited to play the game tbh. Looking to see as well how the leagues unfold hoping that TT bogus is dropped as it proves nothing imo.

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
2016 tyre wear felt similar to 2015 on the beta. Lock-ups, breaking traction and excessive steering angle will still ruin your tyres to a similar degree. The difference is that all tyres are usable now. Its not just go with the softest compound at every stage. The laptime difference is much reduced and the mediums go way longer than the super softs for example.

I also wish it was possible to reduce tyre wear via the setup but that also looks the same as 2015. I think if there was a setting that reduced tyre wear and outright pace it would bring about some interesting setups. On 2015 you could build a setup completely based around tyre saving but it makes such a small difference to tyre life that it's just not worth bothering with. Being able to find the compromise between speed and stint length is what the real life teams struggle with every week so it would be nice to also have that option.
well said. maybe this an idea you should share with the devs? I believe they can use this constructive criticism for a future update or even a future F1 title. Is the car still behaving like f1 2015 in the matter where steering angle was a huge influence on how the car behave in/out of corners, can i achieve turn in speed with the most steering angle? or is this some thing you have to minimize like F1 2015? I hated how the car under-steered on F1 2015 even with full lock. Even on Assetto Corsa the best lap times are possible only when your not at full lock.
[DOUBLEPOST=1470369478][/DOUBLEPOST]

whats wrong with your wheels ffb?

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
well said. maybe this an idea you should share with the devs? I believe they can use this constructive criticism for a future update or even a future F1 title. Is the car still behaving like f1 2015 in the matter where steering angle was a huge influence on how the car behave in/out of corners, can i achieve turn in speed with the most steering angle? or is this some thing you have to minimize like F1 2015? I hated how the car under-steered on F1 2015 even with full lock. Even on Assetto Corsa the best lap times are possible only when your not at full lock.
[DOUBLEPOST=1470369478][/DOUBLEPOST]
whats wrong with your wheels ffb?
I have the T80, so it doesn't come with ffb. Hoping to upgrade in a few months

• Agree
Reactions: RBOS_00

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I have the T80, so it doesn't come with ffb. Hoping to upgrade in a few months
ohh i see. there are tones of good wheels out there to choose from. I'm upgrading as well, on the PC side. The DFGT has outstanding ffb for a old and cheap wheel tbh, i set it up with the g27 pedals and it's great. but i need a next-gen wheel with some serious pedals.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I like your driving style, Not great for tyre wear however i like it its aggressive.
Haha thanks dude, but as Bcolt93 said tyre saving is my speciality. I had to drive a lot more aggressive in this race though to catch up after the incident at lap 1.

• Agree
Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
sure @Jthorn97 , here is my footage.
Also i will ask why you closed that right side when clearly you saw me there?
When I looked back you were behind me with your whole car so I did not expect at all that you were on my outside there. Seems like I misunderstood the situation because looking at your footage I understand your driving

Birkoff

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Oct 4, 2014
When I looked back you were behind me with your whole car so I did not expect at all that you were on my outside there. Seems like I misunderstood the situation because looking at your footage I understand your driving
there is only 1 thing that i can say:
"ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A SPACE, OK?" quoting Nando :pompus: