PS4 - ROUND 14 -Italian Grand Prix [27/1/19 8:00 PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 ROUND 14 -Italian Grand Prix [27/1/19 8:00 PM U.K.]

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Round 14 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues - Season 16

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 27th January 2019
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

ELIT3_gam3boy

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016
Since I'm no longer dying, I can finally post the race threads early again.:D

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Qualifying
Completely messed qualifying up and set a 1:19.835 to claim P13, later to be P12 after @ELIT3_gam3boy got a grid penalty. What I found hilarious after though, is that my PB (1:19.137) actually would have gotten Pole! Now that would have been a huge plot twist if it happened! :LOL: (I'm sure others didn't hit their PB either and were probably in the 18's.)

Race
Hectic race to say the least!

Started on the Softs and had a good start as I usually seem to and was up to P10 by the end of Lap 1. Then down at T1, @99Pipmatt and @manolomakinas were going slowly, I think from @FTR_Drez being on the inside to then going left to go down the escape road. So I went to go around the outside to avoid contact but unfortunately stuck to the rear of Manolo at T2 and spun him around. Sorry about that. =(

I was now down in P13 but keeping up with the pace. Lap 5 and @alex20, @FTR_Drez and @Nexus1011 go three wide on the straight down to Parabolica. I got an amazing slipstream but had no way past. I followed the inside line behind Nexus, passing Drez and then having another great slipstream from Nexus and Alex, going through the middle of them to make a double pass to gain P9! From this point on I ended up having a great battle with Nexus, but then on Lap 8 I hit the back of him at Ascari and damaged my wing... At the time I felt like it was a brake check, but looking back I think it was my own fault braking too late when in the slipstream.

Lap 9 and there was an incident at Parabolica between @TheogGR1 and @Mikkel Sørensen, which let me gain on @Nexus1011 and make a move into T1. Which I then lost the next lap, but @Alex20 had now caught us up and missed his braking point, making contact with me, which left me no choice but to cut the corner and getting a 5 second stop-go penalty...
I then ended up losing places from the damage earlier, dropping to P4 before the Safety Car came out.

It was just a bit early for my planned pitstop, but I went for the Supersofts still, while changing my front wing and rejoined in P11. It wasn't until Ascari that I realised... I used all my Supersofts in qualifying... So it was a used set... I thought about pitting straight away again to change them, but opted to stay out and hope for the best. Safety Car came in Lap 16 and I was a little bit slow to react to the restart if I'm honest haha... Had a battle with @MikeTinus who got the better of me at the second chicane, before receiving contact at the first Lesmo from @Guiggs which sent me sliding and him stuck to me before we both ended up off the track. Due to being stuck with him, I ended up getting another 5 second stop-go penalty... Not sure if it was just a racing incident but apologies anyway for my involvement in it.

I was now down in P12, 3.5 seconds behind the next car, being recommended to pit again which I considered now that my used tyres were worse, but didn't want to serve the penalties so I opted to stay out again. I gained P10 after @Roadhouse and @Alex Shield came together and Lap 22 I was on the back of the train for P6. I resumed my earlier battle with @MikeTinus before finally making the move on Lap 23. Then I started to struggle as I started sliding more, which allowed Mike to close back in on me again at the end but thankfully I managed to hold on to finish P9! Before my penalties then dropped me to P11...

So a complete rollercoaster of a race. I think without all the issues I could have gotten a mid points finish but ah well... I practiced a lot for this race too so it was a bit disappointing the outcome. I did go to the stewards about the stop-go penalties which were both removed, resulting in me finishing with just 6 seconds of penalties now. Meaning I should have P10 and another single point finish to add to my growing collection of them haha.

Reactions: Nexus1011

Nexus1011

S18 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Apr 14, 2016
@SolidNinjaSnake yeah great battle!
I will admit that I did brake there slightly earlier than lap before just because I though that you will dive up the inside...so i can have a good exit out of the Ascaris if you made that move stick or so we don't make a contact there because it can be a bit tight. So I was playing it safe there for both of us .
But you stayed behind me for a bit longer than I thought you will so there's that. So yeah...really unfortunate for you...even tho you due to my misfortunes in that race (that Parabolica shitshow in front of me) got back some time and SC came in the right moment for you.

Anyway...great stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: SolidNinjaSnake