Jan 30, 2015
Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 28th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Driver Questions:

1. The European leg is now over and we head back out into Asia for the next few rounds, how do you feel the Euro stretch went for you and how do you think the Asian leg will compare?

2. As we go from a short, rapid lap to the longest race on the calendar and a stupid mickey mouse street layout, the approach for drivers will be very different. How does Singapore stack up against the other street circuits on the calendar for you?

Pole)
1)
2)
3)
First retirement)

@Aressi191 : Congratulations on your win last time out. This has been something of a rollercoaster season for you compared to your stellar S13 title campaign, but now you've cracked that top step again, do you feel you can end the season strongly?

@Ali Kidd : You remain the championship leader as we head to Asia, are the remaining races purely "that'll do" when it comes to preserving the title or will you continue to take risks and go for all out glory?

Confirmed no-shows (we had 14 people last time so feel my wrath if you're away) :
@CianG-4
@bcolt

Last edited by a moderator:

BigC_019

GP2 2nd Driver
Sep 17, 2016
1. Down to luck really, there are slower drivers getting better results than me week in week out so it's frustrating atm. Hope to end this game in AOR with some strong results. Happy with my race pace over the season as a whole, quali pace is getting better but still need a tenth or two + some luck...

2. Fantastic circuit, contrary to what most people I think it's enjoyable to drive. Much better than Baku.

Pole) @Aressi191
1) @Aressi191
2) Carrex
3) @Ali Kidd
First retirement) @jake_lfc01

SynTeTiC96

S15 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 14, 2017
1. Overall i was happy about how the European season went. Its kind of sad that i couldnt show my real potential on most of the tracks which comes down to my quali. I dont feel confident and lose a tenth or two which compromises my races. Part of this is due to my wheel, which is damaged in many ways and makes my live very difficult but it is what it is. I try to make the best out of it.

2. tbh i have no clue how the rest of the season will look like. Everytime my pace is bad i got good results (spain, spa) and everytime my pace is there i got bad results (Monaco, Monza). My plan stays the same: Try to get points and have as much fun as possible. Concerning the track i'm not sure. Medium track i guess.
pole: @XxCarrexX06
1. @XxCarrexX06
2. @Aressi191
3. @Ali Kidd

Aressi191

S13 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Premium Member
Aug 7, 2016
1. The European leg is now over and we head back out into Asia for the next few rounds, how do you feel the Euro stretch went for you and how do you think the Asian leg will compare?

Ups and downs but not good most of the tracks for many reason. Hopefully will be better.

2. As we go from a short, rapid lap to the longest race on the calendar and a stupid mickey mouse street layout, the approach for drivers will be very different. How does Singapore stack up against the other street circuits on the calendar for you?

Really enjoyable track too.

Pole) @JIM-NervoTank
1) @Rc-Alonso44
2) @Simo911
3) @Ali Kidd
First retirement) @jake_lfc01

@Aressi191 : Congratulations on your win last time out. This has been something of a rollercoaster season for you compared to your stellar S13 title campaign, but now you've cracked that top step again, do you feel you can end the season strongly?

Thanks and yeah I think so, aiming for top 5 finishes. Problems I got earlier this season looks to be away for now.

Last edited:

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
In F2 it went as well as it could have really, other than Austria where the game blew me up I only dropped 20 points and took a few wins and poles. Though obviously I wouldn’t have done so well in F1 my Monaco lap would have got pole here so I feel I have the potential to challenge at the front if I drive at my maximum potential for the rest of the season.
I like it, for some reason I can get into a rhythm here more than anywhere else despite its “awkward” nature. Though compared to Monaco I don’t have so much pace, but I like it much more than Baku.
Pole) 1:36.7 by Aressi
1) Aressi
2) Simo
3) Ollie
First retirement) Jake

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016

it was ****, for the first time i had three races in a row without points, it can only get better in asia as i actually really like the remaining tracks apart from singapore

i wouldnt say that its so much a mickey mouse layout, but rather its just a very challenging circuit and i enjoy it more then monaco and baku

Pole) @Aressi191
1) @Simo911
2) @Aressi191
3) @XxCarrexX06

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
this track is cancer and i hope it rains as it increases the chances of me binning it earlier in the race

Alvaro Carreton

Formula Karter
Dec 7, 2017

Well, I've only been in 4 races and it's been really good, although i could have been in the podium in every race, it's been a good debut.
The European leg is definetely my strongest leg, but I'll try my best to be on the top.

I've always been really good in Singapore, but that doesn't mean anything now. The key of Singapore is keep max concentration the whole race to avoid mistakes and damage the wing.

3.Pole) @JIM-NervoTank
1) @XxCarrexX06
2) @JIM-NervoTank
3) @Simo911

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
The European stretch of the season was decent but could have been better. I like a lot of the tracks coming up so just aiming to be consistently in the top 5 at least.

I actually quite like it. Its better than Baku and probably a bit worse than Monaco but i enjoy driving it.

Pole) @Aressi191
1) @XxCarrexX06
2) @Aressi191
3) @Rc-Alonso44
First retirement) @Bcolt93

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
PSN is down again and by experience we might not get to race tonight, so FYI if its still down by 8pm then we will cancel the race and pull up a poll about when or even IF the race is to rerun.

But obv hopefully this is only the Plan B and we will get to race tonight, bc this one will be cancer and i'd rather get this race behind me sooner then later

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I’m unavailable tonight and probably the rest of the season due to having practice sessions with my football youth team at this time

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
I might be absent. My fiancé is probably giving birth tonight.
jokes aside: hopefully everything goes well so all the best and enjoy this incredible moment ! !!

HRL Cavy

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 29, 2016
My suggestion if we can't race tonight. Have Singapore next weekend, and not have Malaysia at all on the schedule, here are my 2 reasons

1. Malaysia is a pos track
2. We only have 3 night races this season, cancelling Singapore will mean we only have 2

If you ask me those are fantastic reasons