Oct 16, 2017
Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 28th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Head Squid
@Levitikan
@Hypedsn
@Douwe_C

Last edited:

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
TIme for some redemption on a street track!

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
Im sure richy knows but I will not be able to make the race next Sunday, good luck to everyone!

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Attention everyone!

I have noticed that in the last few races that I hosted, there has been a lot of lagg for some drivers. I won't say all the lagg is caused by me hosting, but I feel like it could defenitely be better if someone else would host the races.
So if anyone from europe has a very fast and stable connection and would like to host the races, please let me know!

Reactions: EditedStorm27

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
So last night while playing some PubG my PC crashed and wouldn't restart. Smelled a bit of burnt electronics afterwards as well. Gonna try and investigate whats going wrong, I suspect my power supply died, but in the event I cant fix it or get a new part delivered in time I may be out of this week's race.

• Informative
Reactions: RichyB

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
So last night while playing some PubG my PC crashed and wouldn't restart. Smelled a bit of burnt electronics afterwards as well. Gonna try and investigate whats going wrong, I suspect my power supply died, but in the event I cant fix it or get a new part delivered in time I may be out of this week's race.
OH NO! this smells of my Graphics Card burnout catastrophe....at least you have some time to remedy it though;) Hoping its something simple.

IntergalacticGentleman

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 21, 2017
Borrowing a coworker's spare power supply later this week to see if that's what the cause is. I didnt realize that F1 2017 can be used on a mac though, so i'll just use my work laptop for the race in the event my PC isnt functional by then.

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Heads up guys I have finished editing the official highlights and will do a commentary tomorrow so the video will be up by then, if you can please try to record this race as the more povs I get the better the highlights

Reactions: Biolite80

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Heads up guys I have finished editing the official highlights and will do a commentary tomorrow so the video will be up by then, if you can please try to record this race as the more povs I get the better the highlights
You will always have access to my vids good sir.

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Thanks @Biolite80 sorry about the collision at the start also looking back at the footage I have realised once again @Head Squid has pulled off another’s amazing comeback, he has recently been the man to challenge @RichyB for pace and has been very strong, also commiserations to @Hypedsn as he was robbed of the win in only his second race but he looks set to challenge @RichyB in the future

Reactions: Hypedsn

Head Squid

GP2 Reserve Driver
Aug 24, 2017
I will send you my recording of Malaysia when we get there

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016

The official highlights, I will try to get a third party commentating next time as it is a bit cringe when I commentate on myself in the third person

Reactions: Biolite80

Nakianu

Formula Karter
Dec 23, 2017
Attention everyone!

I have noticed that in the last few races that I hosted, there has been a lot of lagg for some drivers. I won't say all the lagg is caused by me hosting, but I feel like it could defenitely be better if someone else would host the races.
So if anyone from europe has a very fast and stable connection and would like to host the races, please let me know!

i guess i can try if my pc can handle the full grid , my internet is premium so that should be no problem ( fiber 500/500)
but i play on a potato so i dont know if that matters

• Informative
Reactions: RichyB

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Attention everyone!

Thanks for offering @RichyB as I am not sure if it is your internet but @Billamy and I have suffered bits of lag even so he more so than me. Unfortunately my 38mb/s is not fast enough to host but I praise @RichyB for being so thoguhtful and trying to help @Billamy and I

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Thanks for offering @RichyB as I am not sure if it is your internet but @Billamy and I have suffered bits of lag even so he more so than me. Unfortunately my 38mb/s is not fast enough to host but I praise @RichyB for being so thoguhtful and trying to help @Billamy and I
Ah my problem isn't the connection, it's just my game, I was fine with Richy hosting the last races, but yeah thanks @RichyB for being so considerate

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Aaaaaaand it's raceday for the Singapore Grand Prix, the longest race of the season! Can everyone keep their focus or will there be some late DNF's?

Again, I will set up a practice lobby at 6pm UK time, which you can join at any time you want;)

Billamy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 7, 2017
Yes! What a race! Finally fixed my game, no lags, and managed to quali p4 and finish in p4 after some unfortunate events. I had some great battles with @Biolite80 in the 6 opening laps. Unfortunately, his dirty air got me and I crashed into a wall braking too late. I somehow managed to get 2 5-second- stop and go penalties so that made me lose valuable seconds. After pitting, I kept the pace and drove consistently and fast, pulling out fast laps after the track dried. Consistency got me to the point of finishing p4. Let's hope it will all be fine in the next race too!