PC - Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix [28/01/18 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix [28/01/18 8:00pm]

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 26, 2016
What a race, going into this is was crucial I broke @RichyB 's momentum if I wanted to still win the title but yet again even after it looked like I had pole for the first time since Russia, @RichyB pulled out another wonderous lap. I was overjoyed when I saw rain in the race as the last time their was rain (Spain) was the last time I had won so I thought I could pressure @RichyB into turn 1 I broke early and was hit from behind by @gameguy nl and was forced to cut the corner which granted me a 5 second stop go, Then after closing down @RichyB he snapped and I took the lead and extended my margin, but then @RichyB came in for inters and straight after my egineer told me it was time for inters and hence after I pit for my penaly and for inters I emerged side by side with @RichyB after having a 6 second lead, then I lagged again and lost two seconds and my heart started to rush as I did not want a repeat of Britain and as Singapore is the most visually demanding I prayed my pc would hold up which thankfully it did. Then I closed @RichyB back down and after 3 laps used my run out of the slingshot to force @RichyB to the inside before pulling off my best ever cutback to gain the lead, yet again after going purple 3 times in a row I found myself 6 seconds ahead of @RichyB when I lost focus and a bit of my endplate resulting in my superiority in the wet being negated and so after the final round of pitstops I found myself on the backfoot with a 3 second penalty and damage with @RichyB right behind me and that was when the fun started, @RichyB was much faster in the dry and ended up overtaking me on the straight only to strangely let me back through then we went side by side for 5 whole corners before I finally got the traction only to make a mistake and let @RichyB back through on the last lap though @RichyB made a mistake and I retook the lead and pulled out a 5 second gap to take my first win since Spain and re-ignite the championship by being the first person to challenge @RichyB since Spain. Although I hate Singapore I hav got to admit that was my favourite race of all time and I hope it will rain more so I can take the championship fight to the wire. Cannot wait until Malaysia as apperently it is not Richy's strongest track. Highlights should be up soon

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
So up until lap 20 I was having an excellent race! Making great time even with a damaged front wing, then made the worst strategy call ever. Slick's one lap too early put me into the wall leaving the pits which I then proceeded to repeat on the immediate next lap. So I said screw it and finish the race with no front wing. Just glad I finished I guess

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
The race was pretty intense with the rain and Singapore being a very difficult track on its own. The result however is screwed up. I can’t prove it as I can’t record any footage, but I’ll try to explain anyway.

@TRL Banter was just in front of me in the very last lap and was 1 place in front of me. We were both on the same lap as we finished with 1 lap behind the leader. He somehow broke very early in the last corner and broke my front wing somewhat. This was my own fault as I should pay more attention to my fellow contenders. Anyway I managed to get next to him and we finished with just hundreds of seconds between us. Afterwards I saw he had a time penalty, I did not have any penalty. Still the result showed him finishing in front of me. Even worse: someone else finished inbetween us with another penalty. How the hell is this possible??

I’m still happy I finished. But in my opinion I should have gotten 2 places upwards because of these penalties.

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
The race was pretty intense with the rain and Singapore being a very difficult track on its own. The result however is screwed up. I can’t prove it as I can’t record any footage, but I’ll try to explain anyway.

@TRL Banter was just in front of me in the very last lap and was 1 place in front of me. We were both on the same lap as we finished with 1 lap behind the leader. He somehow broke very early in the last corner and broke my front wing somewhat. This was my own fault as I should pay more attention to my fellow contenders. Anyway I managed to get next to him and we finished with just hundreds of seconds between us. Afterwards I saw he had a time penalty, I did not have any penalty. Still the result showed him finishing in front of me. Even worse: someone else finished inbetween us with another penalty. How the hell is this possible??

I’m still happy I finished. But in my opinion I should have gotten 2 places upwards because of these penalties.
@TRL_graveltrap @menk Do you guys have more information on this/what happened from your perspective?

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
@TRL_graveltrap @menk Do you guys have more information on this/what happened from your perspective?
I think you can ignore my story. I just looked at the last few rounds of footage from @Biolite80. From lap 28 (where I overtook @Biolite80) I kept on following my dot on the minimap. At the finish, apparently I wasn't even near a car somehow. Still on my screen I hit the Haas of @TRL_graveltrap. I guess it's a graphical glitch...

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 26, 2016

He would have had a drive through and so it is not counted at the end but still shows

TRL_graveltrap

Pro Karter
Aug 24, 2017
Im afraid I dont have any footage of this man I only use shadow play (instant replay) if something happens. It may have been my ghost because I disconnected 7 time in the race??? But looking back at the few recordings I made I dont think i was close on track to you on lap 28??? I have a clip battling with bio on 27 and there dont seem to be any other cars near us?

Also Im a bit confused which lap you mean because you first said the very last lap and then you mentioned lap 28???

And also I was battling with @menk on the last few laps which I have a small clip of also and you seem to few a good few seconds behind (maybe 7/8/9)
@Borderline @RichyB @Biolite80

• Faff
Reactions: Peatie

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Im afraid I dont have any footage of this man I only use shadow play (instant replay) if something happens. It may have been my ghost because I disconnected 7 time in the race??? But looking back at the few recordings I made I dont think i was close on track to you on lap 28??? I have a clip battling with bio on 27 and there dont seem to be any other cars near us?

Also Im a bit confused which lap you mean because you first said the very last lap and then you mentioned lap 28???

And also I was battling with @menk on the last few laps which I have a small clip of also and you seem to few a good few seconds behind (maybe 7/8/9)
@Borderline @RichyB @Biolite80
First I overtook @Biolite80 at lap 28 and later I was about to overtake you at the last lap in the last turn (at least on my screen).

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 26, 2016
I only have 3 POVs this week, if anyone has footage they would be happy to share please post it on this chat

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
What an action packed sunday this was!

It started with qualifying, where I invalidated my first 2 laps. Then on my 2nd run I encountered a bit of traffic in both of my laps. Luckily, I still managed to get pole position.
The race started in full wet, which was not beneficial for me, because @EditedStorm27 is a lot faster in these conditions (not easy for me to admit as a Dutchman). He put the pressure on me from the getgo which resulted in me making an error and him overtaking me. I managed to jump him in the pitstop fase, but I later found out that was because of a bullshit penalty he got at the start. After the pitstop @EditedStorm27 closed in on me very rapidly and brilliantly set up a overtaking move in a spot where I didn't expect it.
Then he just pulled away for the remainder of the wet/damp conditions, even after he had gotten some front wing damage. For me it was basicly waiting for the track to dry up and not letting him get to far away.
Unfortunately, pulling into the pits for my dry set of tyres I got a 5 second stop-go and I knew the race win was impossible to achieve at that point. I still closed up to @EditedStorm27 though and we had some great battling for p1 on track.
I'm happy for @EditedStorm27 on his win, and this race looked promising for a close championship battle!
Also congrats to @IntergalacticGentleman on his podium, @Billamy on his great result and @Oliver Baron on his performance, he was forced to start from the back but still got a very impressive p6.

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 26, 2016
What an action packed sunday this was!

It started with qualifying, where I invalidated my first 2 laps. Then on my 2nd run I encountered a bit of traffic in both of my laps. Luckily, I still managed to get pole position.
The race started in full wet, which was not beneficial for me, because @EditedStorm27 is a lot faster in these conditions (not easy for me to admit as a Dutchman). He put the pressure on me from the getgo which resulted in me making an error and him overtaking me. I managed to jump him in the pitstop fase, but I later found out that was because of a bullshit penalty he got at the start. After the pitstop @EditedStorm27 closed in on me very rapidly and brilliantly set up a overtaking move in a spot where I didn't expect it.
Then he just pulled away for the remainder of the wet/damp conditions, even after he had gotten some front wing damage. For me it was basicly waiting for the track to dry up and not letting him get to far away.
Unfortunately, pulling into the pits for my dry set of tyres I got a 5 second stop-go and I knew the race win was impossible to achieve at that point. I still closed up to @EditedStorm27 though and we had some great battling for p1 on track.
I'm happy for @EditedStorm27 on his win, and this race looked promising for a close championship battle!
Also congrats to @IntergalacticGentleman on his podium, @Billamy on his great result and @Oliver Baron on his performance, he was forced to start from the back but still got a very impressive p6.

How did you get an aerial pic for your thumbnail