PC - Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix [28/01/2018 08:00PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix [28/01/2018 08:00PM]

• All leagues are cancelled until Xmas Day - check out the Announcements section for more details.

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 28th January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Laps: 31

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Good chance I won't be racing. I'll still be online & spectating, but something broke on my wheel and now I can't get it attached to my desk :p
Did some laps with my old wheel, but I'm not used to it anymore and just absolutely hopeless with it.

ApplePhysics

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 23, 2017
Quali - P5 - Hey; that's pretty good :cool:

Race - P3 - Very happy with this result. Considering the pace of @Flips and @Jipper , this is the best I could have hoped for and with the spin near the beginning this makes me even more pleased with the result. Had the now usual P3 after a couple of corners and stayed until I spun after a couple of laps. I then got back up to speed and had a very good battle with @[email protected] and overtook @Snook a few laps later when he locked up at the hairpin. Had a worrying moment when Snicker tried to unlap himself. Made a pitstop to avoid the risk of being DSQed for not using a tyre, although I now realise it would have been fine to stay out. Made up 20 seconds on @Snook and made a move into the last corner although he got a great cutback but also had 3 seconds worth of penalties so I ended up with my second podium in a row!

A very fun (and hot) race and great to see all 20 lobby spaces occupied for the first time since Australia!

Snook

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Dec 16, 2017
Qualy P4
Race P4

With a pad I was not expecting more then P3 around Singapore but I had a really good chance of getting it after @ApplePhysics spun out and lost some time. I tried to undercut the top 2 by pitting on lap 8 but I fell into traffic and lost tiny bit of my front wing while trying to get ahead.

After a while @ApplePhysics caught up and got ahead but soon pitted for US's which gave me one last chance to get P3. He managed to go down my inside in the final corner on the final lap but I managed to beat him to the line with a switchback move. Unfortunately I lost podium anyway because of my time penalty but that is completely my fault, I should have driven better to not recieve it in the first place.

@Flips and @Jipper : You guys were RAPID. %0 chance to challange both of you, well done (y)

Levingston

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Qualy: P12

It was ok, I wasn't expecting anything fancy anyway. It was a decent position for a points finish.

Race: DNF

For the first 5 laps it was ok, passing people and up to P11, however it after 2 incidents in a row with @VARD, I got slower and slower. Eventually I made a mistake, and I lost my FW, from that point on I was pretty much cruising. Couple of laps later I got distracted with the 2 cars behind me and tapped into the barrier, which broke my FW again, but what really frustrating was, without me moving or anything 2 seconds later my front left wheel broke by itself so I guess it was a bug... With this kinda process I probably won't get any points... Yet I am back to practicing for Malaysia as soon as possible. Whadduya know...

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVerenzak

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
Q-7th
R-11th

Qualifying wasn't too great, could easily have been half a second quicker than I was. Race start was terrible again, I always go cautious into turn 1 and I always lose a load of positions. Lap 3, I chip part of my front wing off but its not too bad, although this probably cost me around half a second a lap. My second stint I was stuck in traffic and was losing around a second a lap. At my pitstop, I managed to jump up to 5th, but later in that stint I chipped my front wing after making a really stupid unforced error which forced me to make another pitstop. After this I was a lap down, but I couldn't unlap myself as it was too risky, this meant that I couldn't build a gap to the people behind me and because I had penalties, I lost 3 positions over the line. Really frustrated that a small mistake cost me a much needed 5th place. My POV is below:

Flips

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 31, 2016
Qualifying:
P2 - not the greatest Qualifying Session, I felt like that I could have gained a few more tenths and maybe get my 7x Pole Position this season.
But @Jipper was too fast!
Congratulations @Jipper for your first Pole Position this season!

Race:
A poor start for myself with @Niek van Gelder right next to me into Turn 1. We touched and @Jipper started to get a decent gap.
The gap was between 2-3 seconds until my first and only pitstop for the Super-Soft tyres at the end of Lap 9.

Around 2-3 laps @Jipper made his only pit stop for the Soft tyres. I managed to make an undercut on @Jipper and had a decent gap between me and him, 4-5 seconds.

I managed to stay ahead of @Jipper the whole race, even though his pace were phenomenal compared to mine.
At Lap 27 "Jeff" told me that @Jipper had a Penalty, which later meant that I slowed a bit down, cause I knew that I just had to finish either in front of him or under 3 seconds behind him.

Great race for myself - extending the Championship Lead to 16 points. But now the greatest race for my teammate @TwoFiftySix, who sadly had an accident on the street race layout.

Congratulations to @Jipper (great P2, awesome pace) and @ApplePhysics for his second Podium this season!

- My 10x Podium this season! And I'm now equal with both Lamp and [email protected] within total Wins this season (3x Wins)

Qualifying:
Front Row - P2

Race:
Win - P1

(3x Wins & 10x Podiums so far)

Andrei Ivan

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 28, 2016
Hi guys,
Quali P13
Race P7
This race goes pretty well for me, due to a little crush on L1 - T4, somebody hit me from behind and rotate/spin me ...who it was? i hit the barrier and damaged the Front Wing with yellow damage. From here i restart the race from 19th position...i need to change the strategy and i put the soft tyres on lap 6 ...thinking to pit again on lap 22-23 to put ultra softs.
It wasn't necessary because the softs usage was very low...55% maximum in last lap for the rear right.
Nice race for me, no barrier touching or damage ...but +1 lap far away the winner ...it is not ok for me at all

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Qualy - P1
Race - P2

1st qualy lap i messed up sector two, and thought oh no here we go again! but somehow i was still P1 after the first round of Laps, Went out for my second lap and put in the 1:37.9, i'd messed up sector 3 this time, and thought it was a good time but not enough for pole as i'd been doing 1:37.5's in practice qualy sessions. but fortunately i was enough so my first pole of the season!

Race i was dialled in and getting the maximum pace i could. i took a comfortable lead during the first stint over @Flips, at one point i was 5 seconds ahead but made a slight mistake and lost 2 seconds that lap, by the time @Flips pitted on lap 8-9 i had a 2.5 second gap or so, he came back out on SS, so i thought he was doing a 2 stopper. i stopped on lap 11 for Softs to finish the race, knowing i would lose track position due to the undercut of staying out the extra 2 laps. but this strategy was predetirmined,

What i didnt expect was the SS from lap 9 could finish the race! and so although I was the fastest driver and gaining on flips by .1 every lap with slower tyres it wasnt enough, by the end of the race i was half a second behind him, 1 more lap i could have got the job done! but it wasnt to be. i was quite annoyed with myself for not exploring the possibility of a US to SS strat, and it cost me the race win. concidering i could have stopped at the same lap but for the faster SS tyre instead of the S.

Onto the next race

POV:

TheVerenzak

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
So happy I joined anyway!

Q: P16
Wasn't expecting much more to be honest. Just wanted to go out and do a few laps to get a little used to my old wheel again. Good thing I know Singapore like the back of my hand, so didn't have too much trouble with braking / turn-in points.

R: 10th!
A point!

My start was pretty awful, as is usual. Took it very slow on the first lap, didn't want to cause any trouble or get involved in an accident. Got a little bit of front wing damage after Ronnin cut in front of me when we had to avoid an accident (not blaming you mate, you did what you had to do ;) ). Decided to just continue on, because it wasn't hurting me too much. L11 (I think), I made my only stop to change my old US for new SS. Wasn't really sure whether I was gonna make it to the end, but I had nothing to lose so why not try it.

I think I also slowed down a lot of people :p In the first stint, and later on in the race I had @Ztikes behind me. But I was running quite high wings, so I had a better run out of the corners before the straight, and because the straights are so short he couldn't overtake me :)
Also had @R.A.J. behind me almost at the end of the race, before he decided to test the structural integrity of the barriers ;)

Last few laps I had a little battle with @Ronnin1978, @[email protected] & @Scott_Aitchison - think I crossed the line in last of us 4 (in 11th) but because of penalties I got a point in the end! Which is definitely a lot better than I expected before the start :)

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
@TheVerenzak Yeah, was really frustrating trying to get passed you, we had some good battles though. Was shaping up a move into memorial corner/T7 but you lagged into me a bit which made me get a yellow front wing. It's part of online racing I guess.

Really frustrating race from my part anyways, P18 in qualifying, couldn't get a lap together.

DNF in the race, had a great start, up to like 14th during the first lap. First stint went as planned. Second stint, I lost my front wing, and race over from there pretty much, I would have dropped too much time replacing it and lost a load of time on track as well. Since the car was so understeery I just lost it and crashed.

R.A.J.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Q 17
R DNF
Qualy
Could have gotten higher than 17th, probably about 9th or 10th, was about a second up but cut the last corner arrrrg.
In hindsight it was probably better I started where I did. Oh and @Jipper if you want to see a scary moment have a look at the qualy lap at @8:35 came a little close good thing I didn't try to turn in. Took to the run off area where I was joined by @Cheeese where we circled the wagons for a bit then got back to doing qualy laps.

Race
Got a good enough start right up until I realized I had no force feedback on my wheel so pulled off to the run off area in turn 1 so I could let everyone past so I could restart my wheel. Restart was successful got force feedback back but now was in last and when I got control back it was going into the turn at the end of the DRS straight and almost binned it into the wall. So after recovering from that was almost 20 seconds behind most of the field.

Recovery drive time, was doing okay, tires we lasting quite well. Was having good fun chasing down/hassling @TheVerenzak got past him in what I will call a brilliant out braking maneuver, brilliance is fleeting however as I tried to keep it tight to the right as I wasn't sure where he was and didn't want to take him out, probably hit the binders with too much gusto and just locked up all 4 wheels nosed into the wall and had the slo-mo wing gone followed by the we will pop your wheel off as well crash.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Q 17
R DNF
Qualy
Could have gotten higher than 17th, probably about 9th or 10th, was about a second up but cut the last corner arrrrg.
In hindsight it was probably better I started where I did. Oh and @Jipper if you want to see a scary moment have a look at the qualy lap at @18:40 (before the edit completes) came a little close good thing I didn't try to turn in. Took to the run off area where I was joined by @Cheeese where we circled the wagons for a bit then got back to doing qualy laps.
Haha wowsers that was close!! that was my fastest P1 lap aswell! :eek::eek:;)