PC - Round 14 - United States Grand Prix [06/08/2017 - 8:00pm UK time] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 14 - United States Grand Prix [06/08/2017 - 8:00pm UK time]

H_pro1

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
iGP Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2014
Round 14 - United States Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 6th August 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
Good Race today guys,

unfortunately turn 1 was abit hectic with cars spinning infront and i lost my front wing so had to pit on lap 1,

Caught back up later and had a good 10 laps ish fight with R.A.J, eventually he pipped me just as i was on my Pitting in lap. and then again 5 laps or so later after R.A.J pitted we were fighting again, so had a good fun race even it we were fighting for 10th and 11th! :D

trumpa94

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Excellent race for me. Started outside top 10 so i had fresh rubber for the race.
Decided to go cautiously into turn 1, and jumped from p13 to p9. Ovetook FOOTYAD at the end of back str8. He tried to pass me into turn 1 (L2) but he overshot the corner, I took the racing line we bumped wheels but all was good. And after that I just tried to be consistent. In the second half had a short battle with Kurvz and Dazzy but decided to let them go bcs I was a pitstop behind. After pits, was giving my best to stay ahead of scot, In the end P5.
:happy::joyful::lol: :D

Ctzn Ely

S13 AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 6, 2017
Champion! (y) Wasn't expecting that when I signed up for this season but very happy about it! :p

Qualy didn't go the way I wanted, set a decent banker lap with a 1:37.3xx which allowed me to get provisional P2 on the grid. However, as I was going a couple of tenths faster than my first laptime, I bottled it massively at the penultimate corner and couldn't not improve on my second attempt. A bit frustated by that but it's still P2 on the grid - a result I was expecting because @Metten was always a bit faster than me in qualy this week :p

Took a good start off the grid and was side by side with @Metten at turns 1 & 2 but I had to lift off a bit coming onto the 'S' section to avoid contact and kept P2. Then it was a very good & clean battle with him for the entire first stint. (y) I was faster in the 'S' section, he was faster in sector 3 but I could follow him thanks to slipstream & DRS. I had good overtaking opportunities especially in the back straight and at turn 12 but couldn't quite get the move entirely done. Both of us went into the pits at the end of lap 9 and I very surprisingly managed to jump @Metten into the pits, not sure what happened with his pitstop but I exited the pits in front of him and in provisional P1.

A few laps later, we caught @Julien2395 who was running in 1st but who had not pitted yet. Managed to overtake him quite quickly into turn 1 but @Metten couldn't and I pushed very hard to create a gap and to gain as much time as I could. The gap between me and @Metten was between 2 and 3 seconds for 10 laps but he started to gain time over me by the end of the race, closing the gap to less than a second in the very last laps of the race. In the last lap, I did a slight mistake at the end of the 'S' section which allowed @Metten to have a go through the back straight and to make the move stick at turn 12. Tried to make a move round the inside at turn 15 but my tyres were dying and I couldn't get P1 back. Finished the race in P2 but got promoted to P1 because of @Metten's 3-second time penalty.

But that was probably one the most exciting races of the season for me! (y) Was nice to battle with you @Metten, clean & fair, no contacts, had a lot of fun tonight! :) Congratz to @KurvZ for his second podium of the season! Well done mate!

So yeah, happy to win the championship and now aiming for the constructors' with @Jipper! Hopefully we can grab this one as well next week at Brazil!

Cya next week for the last race! :)

PS: @ChokDK forgot to post the last two positions of qualy, so here they are :p @H_pro1 @FisiFan91
13-14 Qualifs AOR US.JPG

Last edited:

KurvZ

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 16, 2014
@H_pro1 if we are in the same split next season and you gonna coordinate again, I will share the responsibility with you :)

• Friendly
Reactions: H_pro1