Oct 24, 2014
Round 15 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11

Race Information:

Date: Thursday 11th August 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Informed Absences:
@Sean B
@HRacingGreen
@Nico
@RBOS_00
@Birkoff
@Andrei Codreanu *
@oljoca

Qualifying Bans:
@oljoca

Last edited:

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
One of my favourite tracks for some reason, just really like how the circuit flows. Also my only win on the F1 side of things was here (thanks @Desimpele) so I have fond memories. I've enjoyed the racing with you guys on 2015, so its going to be sad to say bye to such a great ga.... oh who am I kidding, 1 more race and we never have to play this game again! Roll on F1 2016

If you are missing this week's race, please let us know or remind us. I'm having a hard time remembering who said they were missing which rounds

• Funny
Reactions: Jthorn97

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Had my best AOR F1 finish here at the end of the mini season with 5th place. I'd be pretty happy if I managed that again :p

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Looks like this will be my last race on PS4 so I'm hoping its a good one. Abu Dhabi has always been my worst track. In seasons where I was usually at the front I would turn into a back-marker for Abu Dhabi so I'm determined to get a good result here. Looks like we only have 8/9 which sucks but lets make the best of it and end on a good note.

From what I can see we have Alex vs Des for 2nd, Jajoots vs Ollie vs Bcolt for 6th and Ben vs RBOS for 12th. Everything else looks sorted out.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Looks like this will be my last race on PS4 so I'm hoping its a good one. Abu Dhabi has always been my worst track. In seasons where I was usually at the front I would turn into a back-marker for Abu Dhabi so I'm determined to get a good result here. Looks like we only have 8/9 which sucks but lets make the best of it and end on a good note.

From what I can see we have Alex vs Des for 2nd, Jajoots vs Ollie vs Bcolt for 6th and Ben vs RBOS for 12th. Everything else looks sorted out.
I'm still holding out hope that your wheel is compatible, otherwise who is going to carry me to another constructors title?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Andrei Codreanu

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Given that nico, rbos, birkoff and Sean aren't racing, a win would see me move from 13th to 9th.

So if you'd all like to disconnect mysteriously during the race it would be much appreciated :D

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Given that nico, rbos, birkoff and Sean aren't racing, a win would see me move from 13th to 9th.

So if you'd all like to disconnect mysteriously during the race it would be much appreciated :D
sorry, not gonna happen :p if at any point i get into second place i'm calling for team orders to get Tom to back everyone up so I can finish ahead of Jajoots and oljoca :rofl:

• Funny
Reactions: BeMu

oljoca

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 19, 2016
my worst track but i want to race for the last race of the season. it was a good run at the beginning for me. got a run of bad luck that hit my motivation - going to reflect on certain decisions i made throughout the season to obtain a better season in 2016. hindsight is a powerful thing.

i am going to grind to be the best for next season ;) 2015 was preseason for me, it was my first f1 game (been an f1 fan for a long time though) and i used this season to prepare me for the next. so hopefully i will be more competitive next season as im more experienced.

cheers lads - got a good group of fellas in here. cods are really good too, keep it up

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
I think that after this race I'll take the game disc and try to destroy it untill there is nothing left over from the game.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: RBOS_00 and Digsha

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
so I'm guessing most people will be in the 39's and Tom will be somewhere up the road? I look forward to the hundreds of penalties for looking at the kerbs at the triple chicane, this game takes strict to a whole new level here.

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I won here last time without any corner cutting penalties all though I did like 150 laps of practice. My pole time was 1:39:6, so maybe a few tenths quicker than that should be possible.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
Anyone having a descent setup? With my usual setup which worked on nearly every track i was understeering like no tomorrow.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Anyone having a descent setup? With my usual setup which worked on nearly every track i was understeering like no tomorrow.
i'm using 4-2 wings or something like that. pb is a mid 39 but could go a few tenths quicker

• Useful
Reactions: alexukr