PC - Round 15 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 15 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 15 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
F1 2015 Season 11

Race Information:

Date: Sunday 14th August 2016
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit
Laps: 28

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Informed Absence:

@Scott_Aitchison - wheel issues
@Punisher - Internet woes
@Neba - not here
@schumizeu - holibobs

Last edited:

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Never really enjoyed this track but I hope we can have a brilliant end to the season! I am going to finish this one I can feel it and it'd be really nice to! I've had to turn down my graphics settings a tad though I think recording and everything was putting too much strain on my pc, though to be fair USA was a game glitch which cost me
[DOUBLEPOST=1470687201][/DOUBLEPOST]Also who else is looking forward to the 2016 game? :D

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Not sure if I can attend. I changed provider yesterday and a problem has happened from it where I have no internet whatsoever so somehow they cocked it up and the router isn't recieving internet even though they livened the line up. It might be fixed today if its at the exchange or tomorrow or monday if its a problem at my house.

Last edited:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Not sure if I can attend. I changed provider yesterday and a probably has happened from it where I have no internet whatsoever so somehow they cocked it up and the router isn't recieving internet even though they livened the line up. It might be fixed today if its at the exchange or tomorrow or monday if its a problem at my house.
Remind me which provider you have gone to and what equipment they have provided.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vodafone conect router Huawei 963168
OK so you are in their hands, apparently it is a locked router with passwords obfuscated similar to that of Sky.

Just power-cycle the router (plug and count to ten) and keep doing it every 20 minutes or so. Pray for everything to go green!

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
OK so you are in their hands, apparently it is a locked router with passwords obfuscated similar to that of Sky.

Just power-cycle the router (plug and count to ten) and keep doing it every 20 minutes or so. Pray for everything to go green!
They said they will be getting an engineer to look at it asap and think its a problem somewhere from the exchange to our house because they have done many tests and they aparently don't get this issue with other new customers so they don't think its a faulty router yet. Its sounding more like it will be monday so it's getting to the point where I think that I won't be able to attend I of course will if I can though. Thanks for looking it up mate!

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Any idea on how much data playing F1 online will use roughly? As I have 12GB of tethering data on my phone that I might try to see if it lags about or not if it doesn't rinse the data and doesn't lag much then I might use that to race.

Jens Maul

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 13, 2015
Do you mean you are missing the race or not looking forward to F1 2016? o_O
I guess he is missing the race.

And can we please set the rules to normal? I have the feeling that we will receive a bunch of penalties cause it's nearly impossible to avoid it on strict rules.
I've done a 25% race starting from the back and i got black flagged cause I had to cut the corners when I went side by side with the AI.
Unfortunately I am missing the social tonight due to work, so please tell us here after the race how it was.(y)

• Useful
Reactions: Steve Jackson

PaulB1991

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jul 4, 2015
Any idea on how much data playing F1 online will use roughly? As I have 12GB of tethering data on my phone that I might try to see if it lags about or not if it doesn't rinse the data and doesn't lag much then I might use that to race.
As far as I know, playing online isn't all that demanding. I looked in a forum and it mentioned GTA5 only used about 30-40MB an hour and that's got WAY more going on than F1, it's your ping that'll matter most when it comes to online.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I guess he is missing the race.

And can we please set the rules to normal? I have the feeling that we will receive a bunch of penalties cause it's nearly impossible to avoid it on strict rules.
I've done a 25% race starting from the back and i got black flagged cause I had to cut the corners when I went side by side with the AI.
Unfortunately I am missing the social tonight due to work, so please tell us here after the race how it was.(y)
There is nothing untoward with the penalty system, except it might just randomly DSQ you for what would otherwise be a normal cut penalty! To be fair a lot of the cuts aren't picked up it's fairly lenient. We will poll the lobby tomorrow.

• Useful
Reactions: Jens Maul

Punisher

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 17, 2014
Does anyone want to have abit of online practice with me today at some point? I need some practice aswell as I need to test my internet as I will be using my phone tethering this race so I want to see if its stable and if I will lag or not and also see how much data the game will use. From that I can decide if I will race tonight or not.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Does anyone want to have abit of online practice with me today at some point? I need some practice aswell as I need to test my internet as I will be using my phone tethering this race so I want to see if its stable and if I will lag or not and also see how much data the game will use. From that I can decide if I will race tonight or not.
Could be on for a half hour if you give me ten minutes or so.

Scott_Aitchison

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jun 27, 2015
I've been trying all week to fix my wheel issues but I still can not solve them, I don't think that it is best for me to race tonight as I will be very surprised to make it past lap 1. Good luck to everyone who is racing tonight, it has been a real pleasure to race against you all this season.