Jan 14, 2014
Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Partyfuchs - internet problems
- @LukeBin010 - not at home

Last edited:

LukeBin010

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 3, 2017
For the first time I might have to miss that. I'm going away this weekend and I should come back on sunday evening but i'm not sure I'll get there in time. I'll try and I'll give more informations on sunday afternoon.

• Informative
Reactions: Steve Jackson

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Driving standards as wonderful as ever, would love to know why there was a roadblock at turn three.
Got disqualified from Q as I pulled over thinking someone was coming and stopped paying attention, so started last. Gaineda couple positions before coming across a pileup at turn three which cost me half of my front wing so was forced to pit. Lost the rear end out of turns 5/6 and spun into the wall, DNF'ing. Was gonna stick around but **** that when I'm being told to shut up, there's no need to be rude. But hey that's just an opinion, hand me a reprimand for it
Wonderful stuff in this league at the moment

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Qualified P13. On my final qualifying run I went out for 2 laps. Accidentally cut T2 and somehow got THE NEXT LAP invalidated. WTF? T2?

Got wrecked as usual on the opening lap. Think I encountered the sidepod glitch with @Voller Got an orange front wing so I pitted at the end of the opening lap for a new wing...crew did not change the wing... I ended up back in P18 not racing anyone and just parked it. I forgot what it's like to have a full, clean, fun race here. rip

Nasom

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 19, 2016
I have no words for this race and weekend in general!
First of all I made a mistake and practised for the Japanese grand prix!So imagine my face when I joined the lobby and saw Malaysia!

Q12
Again codemasters mess up I cut a corner at my outlap so I wont be on the way of people on hotlaps and guess what "Invalidated this and the next lap".I am lucky I didnt get invalidated for the next race as well!This has happened so many times this season I lost count!
R12
Now this was fun!I went off at Lap 1 to avoid some cars and not crash with anyone,dead last P19!I wanted to take points so I was pushing all the way!S-M was my strategy and it seemed to work as 2 laps before the end at P8 I was chasing @yoan97222 and I was having so much fun doing so!BUT 2 laps before the end the wheel came off!IT CAME OFF and obviously I pressed the accelerator all the way an went off as well!So from a solid P8 and maybe a fight at the last lap with Yoan I ended up with P12!Althought I did went off at Lap 5 because of @Jay .Dude you lost control and I swear I have never screamed in my life during online racing!I really thought you would collect me there and I went off by myself :D

Anyway I am sad for not taking some good solid 4 Pts but that is racing I guess!
On to the next one!

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
First of all I made a mistake and practised for the Japanese grand prix!So imagine my face when I joined the lobby and saw Malaysia!

Q12
Again codemasters mess up I cut a corner at my outlap so I wont be on the way of people on hotlaps and guess what "Invalidated this and the next lap".I am lucky I didnt get invalidated for the next race as well!This has happened so many times this season I lost count!
R12
Now this was fun!I went off at Lap 1 to avoid some cars and not crash with anyone,dead last P19!I wanted to take points so I was pushing all the way!S-M was my strategy and it seemed to work as 2 laps before the end at P8 I was chasing @yoan97222 and I was having so much fun doing so!BUT 2 laps before the end the wheel came off!IT CAME OFF and obviously I pressed the accelerator all the way an went off as well!So from a solid P8 and maybe a fight at the last lap with Yoan I ended up with P12!Althought I did went off at Lap 5 because of @Jay .Dude you lost control and I swear I have never screamed in my life during online racing!I really thought you would collect me there and I went off by myself :D

Anyway I am sad for not taking some good solid 4 Pts but that is racing I guess!
On to the next one!
Yeah I am sorry about the loss of control the car just snapped on me so I had a fight just to keep it under control. Sorry if it messed up your race.

Last edited:
  • Happy
Reactions: Nasom

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014

Q12
R12

On to the next one!
At least You've practiced Japan!

Reactions: Nasom

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Good win to @Kiinako (planning to not attend three races?)

Good second to @Sjoelbakkie

Too slow, and wrong strategy.

Q14 (I think)

S to lap 19

SS to the end.

I was running a high downforce, stable low tyre wear setup.

Slow steady to 3rd, not so bad.

My enjoyment was listening to all of the chat. End of term fever.

Enjoy the break week.

Reactions: Steve Jackson

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
Well ****...

Qualy (P7)
Nothing too special, could've improved by 2-3 tenths by not spinning the wheels after slow corners.

Race (P10, SS -> M)
Lost a position in the first lap, but gained it back later by some other people making mistakes. Saw a lot of calamities happening in front of me, and there was a lot of chatter in Discord, so I could imagine the amount of chaos going on on the rest of the track. My first stint went ok, didn't make many mistakes and my pace was good. Pitted on lap 9 to mediums to go to the end. My general pace on mediums was pretty good. Quickly I found myself right behind @LolFish42 and @Wombeto, who were battling for position. They were doing that for a lot of laps and slowing eachother up in the battle, which in turn slowed me up a bunch. When I finally saw an opportunity to overtake @LolFish42 and hopefully end their fight and go on my way, it was right where a crash had happened just before, so I was forced to give the position back due to yellow flags.

After driving on for a while, watching accidents happen, I made the stupidest mistake ever. I gunned it too hard coming on to the s/f straight, and my car shot left into the left-side wall. Now I had left-side front-wing damage to cope with, with 10 laps left to drive. I decided that I wouldn't lose enough time due to the front-wing to make a pit stop for it, so I drove on. I let @Neil Bywater past on the next lap, because there was no way I was gonna hold him up enough to keep him behind for 9 laps (btw, I totally would've after last week). After some more people pitted, I was P4. I was setting my sights on atleast P5, because @ulukbek was quickly approaching. I tried to keep him behind me for a bit, but it was no use. I was P5 now, but I still had to drive as fast as possible to keep that position. In the end, my tires got too worn, and with my f/w damage, I locked up the wheels in a crucial turn, and went on the grass. That was me in P9, with @michal_miletin and @LolFish42 quickly shooting past to make it P11. I managed to keep my distance to them relatively equal throughout the laps, showing that the pace was still there, I just couldn't use it at the moment. After @Nasom did what I thought to be the same as my mistake, but now appears to be his wheel coming off, I was P10. Now I only had to worry about my distance to @TheEpicSnowWolf, since I had a 3 second time-penalty. Luckily (for me), someone behind him presumably ran into him, so I could keep the gap to above 3 seconds.

Very disappointed. The pace was there, but the consistency was not, made too many mistakes. Think I could've secured P4/5 if not for the front wing. Break week now, I'm gonna need it after this race. If anyone needs footage of an incident, tag me, there is quite a chance I have a view of it.

See ya guys in 2 weeks!

Last edited:

TheEpicSnowWolf

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Sooo, I think we have a lot to discuss about this one...

First of all. What was this race?! Whenever I looked down on the minimap, I saw yellow flags somewhere because people crashed into others, and I encountered some of these incidents myself. Sure, crashes happen, misjudgment happens, but I think some people really overshot it today. You're not alone on this race track, so you have to pay attention on what's going on around you. Really, what was happening today? I think we all can do better than this, please let's prove this in Japan in two weeks.

Secondly, once again, please discuss incidents and whatsoever after the race. We all know that you're upset, we've all been in this situation. But there's no need to destroy others' races by making accusations or raging around. There's a reason that Hamilton said "Don't talk to me in the corners". We all need to concentrate. I don't say anything against short comments or stuff like that, but, please, no discussions.
Was gonna stick around but **** that when I'm being told to shut up, there's no need to be rude.
Yes, but I don't really know if I should be sorry about that. Because after I asked you twice to please be quiet and discuss things after the race, you (no, not you alone, I'm speaking of all the people in this 'discussion') still kept talking. And that's what I consider rude, when there's still a race going on.

I think we all need to calm down a little after this race. But please, and I am talking to everyone, including me, please re-watch your footage, if you recorded, and take a look at what went wrong so that we can avoid a chaos like this in the remaining rounds of the season. I won't open any stewards inquiries on the incidents I was involved, because I hope that we can take something more important than penalties away from this race.

Last edited:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Well ****...

Qualy (P7)
Nothing too special, could've improved by 2-3 tenths by not spinning the wheels after slow corners.

Race (P10, SS -> M)
Lost a position in the first lap, but gained it back later by some other people making mistakes. Saw a lot of calamities happening in front of me, and there was a lot of chatter in Discord, so I could imagine the amount of chaos going on on the rest of the track. My first stint went ok, didn't make many mistakes and my pace was good. Pitted on lap 9 to mediums to go to the end. My general pace on mediums was pretty good. Quickly I found myself right behind @LolFish42 and @Wombeto, who were battling for position. They were doing that for a lot of laps and slowing eachother up in the battle, which in turn slowed me up a bunch. When I finally saw an opportunity to overtake @LolFish42 and hopefully end their fight and go on my way, it was right where a crash had happened just before, so I was forced to give the position back due to yellow flags.

After driving on for a while, watching accidents happen, I made the stupidest mistake ever. I gunned it too hard coming on to the s/f straight, and my car shot left into the left-side wall. Now I had left-side front-wing damage to cope with, with 10 laps left to drive. I decided that I wouldn't lose enough time due to the front-wing to make a pit stop for it, so I drove on. I let @Neil Bywater past on the next lap, because there was no way I was gonna hold him up enough to keep him behind for 9 laps (btw, I totally would've after last week). After some more people pitted, I was P4. I was setting my sights on atleast P5, because @ulukbek was quickly approaching. I tried to keep him behind me for a bit, but it was no use. I was P5 now, but I still had to drive as fast as possible to keep that position. In the end, my tires got too worn, and with my f/w damage, I locked up the wheels in a crucial turn, and went on the grass. That was me in P9, with @michal_miletin and @LolFish42 quickly shooting past to make it P11. I managed to keep my distance to them relatively equal throughout the laps, showing that the pace was still there, I just couldn't use it at the moment. After @Nasom did what I though to be the same as my mistake, but now appears to be his wheel coming off, I was P10. Now I only had to worry about my distance to @TheEpicSnowWolf, since I had a 3 second time-penalty. Luckily (for me), someone behind him presumably ran into him, so I could keep the gap to above 3 seconds.

Very disappointed. The pace was there, but the consistency was not, made too many mistakes. Think I could've secured P4/5 if not for the front wing. Break week now, I'm gonna need it after this race. If anyone needs footage of an incident, tag me, there is quite a chance I have a view of it.

See ya guys in 2 weeks!
Ha, I was expecting pay back. But i think the tyre difference would have been too much for more than a lap.

• Agree
Reactions: Rienk

Voller

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 5, 2017
Qualified P8, I was happy with my performace. And from this point it goes all wrong.

Race P13. It was just a shame, I have never driven a race this bad from my side and I apologize to everyone for this race. At the start I somehow wasn't in first gear so I couldn't get away and then I got collected by @Kane Jr at the exit of turn 2. I don't know if it was a glitch or just my bad of leaving not enough space. No matter what it was, it ruined his race and that of a few others. I'm really sorry about that.

The whole race I had to fight with massive tire wear and went into the pits early on lap 5 for a ss-m-ss strategy. As I was on the stint with the mediums and I had another mistake made by me. @TheEpicSnowWolf came out of the pits and I was sure I had passed him into turn 1 but I definitely didn't as I crashed into him, leaving him too little space (because I was sure I passed him so I didn't check the arrows...). That was definitely my fault and I'm embarrassed about how negligently I was this race.

I'll do better next time.
CU after the break

• Faff
Reactions: SexySpudflaps

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Sooo, I think we have a lot to discuss about this one...

First of all. What was this race?! Whenever I looked down on the minimap, I saw yellow flags somewhere because people crashed into others, and I encountered some of these incidents myself. Sure, crashes happen, misjudgment happens, but I think some people really overshot it today. You're not alone on this race track, so you have to pay attention on what's going on around you. Really, what was happening today? I think we all can do better than this, please let's prove this in Japan in two weeks.

Secondly, once again, please discuss incidents and whatsoever after the race. We all know that you're upset, we've all been in this situation. But there's no need to destroy others' races by making accusations or raging around. There's a reason that Hamilton said "Don't talk to me in the corners". We all need to concentrate. I don't say anything against short comments or stuff like that, but, please, no discussions.

Yes, but I don't really know if I should be sorry about that. Because after I asked you twice to please be quiet and discuss things after the race, you (no, not you alone, I'm speaking of all the people in this 'discussion') still kept talking. And that's what I consider rude, when there's still a race going on.

I think we all need to calm down a little after this race. But please, and I am talking to everyone, including me, please re-watch your footage, if you recorded, and take a look at what went wrong so that we can avoid a chaos like this in the remaining rounds of the season. I won't open any stewards inquiries on the incidents I was involved, because I hope that we can take something more important than penalties away from this race.
Maybe you’d do well to remember it’s just a game at the end of the day? You should apologise really as should the people who kept talking, but already know you won’t. If you think they’re rude you’re in the same boat as them. Don’t think I’ll be joining discord in future tbh people take themselves far too seriously and to be honest it’s silly. This is the 7th damn division of a racing league. And it shows in the driving, despite people wanting to act out like primadonas.

Status
Not open for further replies.