Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Maybe you’d do well to remember it’s just a game at the end of the day? You should apologise really as should the people who kept talking, but already know you won’t. If you think they’re rude you’re in the same boat as them. Don’t think I’ll be joining discord in future tbh people take themselves far too seriously and to be honest it’s silly. This is the 7th damn division of a racing league. And it shows in the driving, despite people wanting to act out like primadonas.
Just think of the fun of S8 or AL2

To be serious for a change all drivers in all leagues deserve respect.

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Just think of the fun of S8 or AL2

To be serious for a change all drivers in all leagues deserve respect.
Not all drivers deserve respect, respect is earned. I don’t expect the same level of respect as say Timp or Fisi for example. Nothing will ever change, people will carry on crashing into other people. No point trying to stop it by now it’s just a regular occurrence.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Driving standards as wonderful as ever, would love to know why there was a roadblock at turn three.
Got disqualified from Q as I pulled over thinking someone was coming and stopped paying attention, so started last. Gaineda couple positions before coming across a pileup at turn three which cost me half of my front wing so was forced to pit. Lost the rear end out of turns 5/6 and spun into the wall, DNF'ing. Was gonna stick around but **** that when I'm being told to shut up, there's no need to be rude. But hey that's just an opinion, hand me a reprimand for it
Wonderful stuff in this league at the moment
Wasn't just you talking and several people had requested others be quiet when racing. I have to try to let it sort itself out but it clearly didn't.

Reactions: TheEpicSnowWolf

SexySpudflaps

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Apr 8, 2016
Wasn't just you talking and several people had requested others be quiet when racing. I have to try to let it sort itself out but it clearly didn't.
I’ll remember that then, when I want something to get sorted out I’ll just tell people to shut up then?

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sooo, I think we have a lot to discuss about this one...

First of all. What was this race?! Whenever I looked down on the minimap, I saw yellow flags somewhere because people crashed into others, and I encountered some of these incidents myself. Sure, crashes happen, misjudgment happens, but I think some people really overshot it today. You're not alone on this race track, so you have to pay attention on what's going on around you. Really, what was happening today? I think we all can do better than this, please let's prove this in Japan in two weeks.

Secondly, once again, please discuss incidents and whatsoever after the race. We all know that you're upset, we've all been in this situation. But there's no need to destroy others' races by making accusations or raging around. There's a reason that Hamilton said "Don't talk to me in the corners". We all need to concentrate. I don't say anything against short comments or stuff like that, but, please, no discussions.

Yes, but I don't really know if I should be sorry about that. Because after I asked you twice to please be quiet and discuss things after the race, you (no, not you alone, I'm speaking of all the people in this 'discussion') still kept talking. And that's what I consider rude, when there's still a race going on.

I think we all need to calm down a little after this race. But please, and I am talking to everyone, including me, please re-watch your footage, if you recorded, and take a look at what went wrong so that we can avoid a chaos like this in the remaining rounds of the season. I won't open any stewards inquiries on the incidents I was involved, because I hope that we can take something more important than penalties away from this race.
We need to take incidents to the Stewards or people will just repeat their behaviour. You then can't say "I let them off previously, but now I want something done."

• Agree
Reactions: LolFish42

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Not all drivers deserve respect, respect is earned. I don’t expect the same level of respect as say Timp or Fisi for example. Nothing will ever change, people will carry on crashing into other people. No point trying to stop it by now it’s just a regular occurrence.
OK. Talk about respect, look at your finish record. That's becoming an issue.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Storms in a tea cup. I've been in a league with many more issues than tonight.

Suggest we leave it before it gets acrimonious and come together as old friends in two weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: Rienk

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
From a guy who is in the stewards office nearly every weekend, yeah when we report someone we know who to watch out for and all, but in all honesty that’s it and nothing more comes out of it. I have been punted off the circuit by the same people who have gone on to win the race and get a podium finish while my race ends in shambles. Completely unfair. I’m done with going to the stewards office. I’ll deal with matters on my terms.

• Winner
Reactions: SexySpudflaps

yoan97222

Reigning AOR PC F1 Split 5 Champion
Sep 22, 2016
Started in P5 With a quite good quali lap.
The race was fun. I made a one stop SS -> M because i just wanted to go for a safe strategy as i didn't have enough time to train this week (just a little hour of train before the race). So i had a little lack of pace that bring in a position where I needed to defend all the time (@ulukbek @Clint58 @Rienk and others) they all finally managed to pass me Lol but I enjoyed it. After all i'm satisfied with my result.
Just enjoy your overtakes from my pov :lol:

winchy33

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 22, 2017
Seemed to be a hell of a lot of incidents today as everyone is saying. No incidents involving me though, because I saw no cars nearly all race! Lost part of my front wing on L1 T2 after running into the back of @Kane Jr after his incident (Good footage of that on my stream at 28:30). Had to stop Lap 1 for Mediums stacked behind team-mate Kane and that was that in terms of the race.

Managed a lonely 2 stopper to finish P16. Pressure from @Poetic D and @acerees at the end, both of which jumped me on frsher tyres. Congrats to @Kiinako, another step towards the championship :)

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017
Qualifying: P2

Had an iffy qualifying. First lap was a 1:33.1 which was an okay marker. 2nd lap I DSQ my lap while I overtook someone on an out lap, which made me lose concentration, it was my own fault though.
3rd lap I did was good but I was stuck behind @Kiinako which made me lose 0.2s on the first sector. It was also my fault for not keeping my distance to him. the 2nd lap made me have a little extra tyre wear which didn't help in the race, but I was satisfied with the 1:32.6

Race: P2

Basically Stayed 1s behind @Kiinako all race, Overtook him once but he took it back a lap later. It was difficult driving in dirty air all race, but I had a fun race. The last 2 laps my tyres died and I had to leave a gap, meaning i came acroos the finish 4s behind @Kiinako
Good racing though, fun times. Congrats to Kiinako for the win.

Race Footage:
Qualifying start: 23:30
Race Start: 40:20

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Q: 17th

Yeah so I forget to save the setup I want to use before I race. I've also had the PC in bits today to remove 2 cards that I've been using to try to troubleshoot this crappy game. It's also the only machine I can use to test one I have in for repair. So I was loading a network card driver right up to being called to the lobby. Setup feels crap so I post an iffy marker lap to improve upon. Then on the second run I notice @michal_miletin isn't observing his qualifying ban from the other incidents and I lose concentration (my fault for not reminding him I suppose). I forget why I crashed but I'll post some video if I CBA. I don't start right at the back, and probably an improved lap might have put me near the Top 10 but the penalties and DSQs put me 17th.

R: DNF (17th) S/M unscheduled lap TBC

So I get a launch issue, for some reason changing my wheel rotation on ALT-TAB when I was trying to get @Voller into Discord earlier really seems to have altered my throttle response so I get no drive off the line. Get away dead last, but pick a way around the T3 carnage and start to feel optimistic but I can't judge the braking points (also played with the brake settings just before the race as the only setup I've actually tried in practice is a Wet setup) but the car is swapping ends in the braking and on turn-in and then highly temperamental on acceleration.

This I guess led to the @Nasom incident where he was coming up behind out of T5 and I had a 'moment'. This became the order of the day as drivers who had damage were catching. I'd make track position and was hoping to make L15 before switching to SS but I was contacted by @Wombeto in the T9 hairpin and this meant I had to switch to M as SS would not last from where I was. Car was even more horrible to drive on the M, so after 1 tour I told Jeff to STFU and pitted to retire.

All she wrote, apart from I then had the displeasure of watching the 'racing' in spectator cam. I'll finish the provisional results when we iron out the kinks (need to get some clips together) and tomorrow is pretty busy.

Sjoelbakkie

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 21, 2017
Maybe you’d do well to remember it’s just a game at the end of the day? You should apologise really as should the people who kept talking, but already know you won’t. If you think they’re rude you’re in the same boat as them. Don’t think I’ll be joining discord in future tbh people take themselves far too seriously and to be honest it’s silly. This is the 7th damn division of a racing league. And it shows in the driving, despite people wanting to act out like primadonas.
I just wanted to say that in my opinion, saying a few words while racing is okay, but having whole discussions is too much. It really ruins concentration and there are people(like me) who take racing as a "game" seriously. That's why we join AOR in the first place, to have a place to race competitively with people who have the same skill level.

Kiinako

S14 AOR PC F7 Champion
Sep 20, 2017
Good win to @Kiinako (planning to not attend three races?)
I dunno man, so far I'm having more free time than usual, and unless some random friend shows up (which is not gonna happen on a Sunday evening) I will be there. I like perfect attendances, it's just my thing :D

Qual: 1st
Eh, yeah, not much to write there. To be fair, I expected somebody to take it from me any second because the lap left a lot to be desired (0,5+ secs)

Race: 1st
I really could not shake @Sjoelbakkie off me for the most of the race, and when I did, I either went wide at T14 or was cruising around in the second sector. Overall there was a lot to improve on my driving. Nonetheless, I was very surprised by how stable my setup actually was. It didn't throw any fits and most of the almost-spins were 100% my fault.

So yeah, a week's pause and then 日本~~!

Status
Not open for further replies.