Dec 9, 2016
Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Track Guide

Confirmed no-shows:
- @Thezz
- @Breakdown
- @Fersiphion

Last edited:

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
One thing is for sure, someone is going to have a hard time crashing into a wall here :sneaky:

• Optimistic
Reactions: TheVerenzak

_d4Mn_

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2017
I think it's hard to crash into a wall here, it's more likely that my front wing will be ripped off by someone's back :)

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
You didn't get the joke :lol: I was referring to a certain someone who wants to beat my DNF record

yobbo

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 22, 2017
Certainties in life; death, taxes, and Hinyaldee bringing up me hitting the wall in every F8 thread.

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Gravel pits are non existent for me. If anything it might be me eating metal on Sunday.

Hinyaldee

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 9, 2016
That track sucks balls like a prostitute does ! Seriously, no grip anywhere. It's like a track designed for top speed, but that requires you to have silly amounts of downforce to not lose it in every frigging corner. Like...what the duck ?

• Informative
Reactions: Dobby

_d4Mn_

Pro Karter
Dec 6, 2017
That track sucks balls like a prostitute does ! Seriously, no grip anywhere. It's like a track designed for top speed, but that requires you to have silly amounts of downforce to not lose it in every frigging corner. Like...what the duck ?
This is my most hated track in the calendar. Thank God I will not see it back in 2018. It seems to be an easy to adapt track but some of the turns with the bumps are soo hard to go through fast.

Any no-shows so far? :)

Skinner

Formula 3 Test Driver
Sep 5, 2017
I'm not gonna be able to make it. Didn't realise how few trains there are on Sundays so I can't get back

Have fun

• Faff

Sabba7h

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 26, 2017
Qualifying: P3

Full wet qualy and onto inters halfway through. I was 3 tenths up on Saketh and had provisional pole until the rain let up, fell back to third behind _D4mn_ and Dobby. Not a bad qualifying.

Race: P2

Race start was pretty racy. Moved left to avoid a car behind to the right and got caught on Return's wing - almost ended my race. Followed Dobby closely while _D4mn_ was leading in P3, then he crashed and I was P2. This, followed by a massive spin a few laps later coming out of T6.

Thank God there was a massive gap to P3.

Pit a few laps later and onto softs. Have a fastest lap battle with Dobby and do a 35.8, keeping it for the rest of the race. I'm literally averaging about one and a half seconds over Dobby with ten laps to go. 2 seconds separate us, Kaltomat gets blue-flagged as I pull up to him, he takes the inside line in T2 and I run into him. Yellow left front wing. So now I'm left with the job of limping to the finish line with P2 only.

Definitely would have been at least a massive fight towards the last lap.