PC - Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [4th Februari 2018 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [4th Februari 2018 - 8:00pm]

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@Levitikan

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
If anybody is available for a practice session race time today I will be online.

Nakianu

Formula Karter
Dec 23, 2017
its unedited with discord sounds , toooo see the me and billamy photofinish go to 1.03 :p

EditedStorm27

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jul 26, 2016
Firstly before I go off on another’s rant i would like to thanks @gameguy nl and @Nakianu for recording, hopefully if @Borderline , @RichyB , @Billamy and @Biolite80 have recorded we can have up to 7 POVs in highlights meaning I can do a qualifying comparison with two people other than Richy and I.
On to the race, coming into this I had had little practice so was not to confident considering it is only an okay track for me. Yet I had some hope as I know Malaysia is known for its rain and that is when I shine. However in qualifying I was experiencing some lag so yet again dropped to 720p losing me a lap and after two more disqualified laps I found myself with one chance which I took tentatively and hence came only 8th, yet again I sucked in qualifying with @RichyB taking another’s pole and hence making it pole in every race he has finished qualifying apart from Russia, an incredible record if you ask me.
And so in the race I knew my only chance was to put him under pressure and with a good start I rocketed up to 7th before going around the outside of 3 cars into turn 1. After some battling with @gameguy nl i grabbed another position from @Billamy who once again prove don’t himself to be a podium contender, after @TRL_graveltrap disconnected again, i found myself 3 seconds behind my championship rival just 3 laps in and with rain imminent I was preparing for what would be my greatest comeback ever. But on lap 4 I got cocky and lost traction skidding accross the grass falling to 5th and going a 5 second stop go. From there it was damage limitation as I quickly regained P4 and pitted to be jumped by Graveltrap who again disconnected handing me P4 behind the squabbling duo of @Nakianu and @Billamy 10 seconds up the [email protected] again miraculously used the Medium starting tyres to go from outside the points to a podium. After catching them up @Nakianu pitted and @Billamy got taken out by @Agent Smith who was a lap down handing me a clear P2 25 seconds behind @RichyB but the new he pitted early on to inters and I found myself gaining with one goal, trick him into a mistake however he held firm and on lap 23 drs was disabled and so I settled into 2nd, I had trouble adjusting to the inters as Malaysia is hard on traction and again I found myself on the grass and hence I turned on traction to prevent mistakes and began to quickly gain on @RichyB pulling him in from 35 to 27 seconds in 4 laps but unfortunately he had built up a comfortable lead and hence I finished second handing @RichyB back the championship lead. I like Japan but that too is hard on traction so I really need it too rain in order to beat @RichyB

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
here it is..another catastrophe of a race..

Borderline

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
@EditedStorm27 I will upload my POV tonight.

My race started off pretty good with a very agressive 2 stop even before the rain started. Allthough just after my 2nd stop I spun on the pitstraight after the pit entry, so I had to run a whole lap without a front wing. I took a huge gamble by pitting for a new front wing and also fitting intermediates as a few droplets of rain started to come down. But it was nowhere near damp conditions yet so I lost a lot of time. Also spinning in turn 6 didn’t help as I tried to let pass a few front runners. Unfortunately @EditedStorm27 ran into me in the process. I hope it didn’t ruin your race too much. So hitting the pits again for another front wing and fitting softs. Which got swapped for my 2nd set of inters a few laps later. Somehow I’m still happy not finishing last